Kia's award winning pedophile Ad campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I'm getting is a young girl is hot for teacher. If the genders were reversed, would it be more acceptable?

Huge stallion made me chuckle.

ElJuski

Staff member
second one isn't bad at all. The first one...yeah, iffy. Maybe if the comics were self-contained, and you didn't have to read it left to right.

I don't think it's that bad. Hell, the Hot For Teacher music video is worse than that. Saying it's pro-pedophelia is pushing it.

The more I think about this the less I find it 'pro-pedophilia'. I just find it clever.

Like, the teacher one I can make the connection...but I've seen enough 'sexy' Sleeping Beauty stories to not mind this really wrong.

It's somewhere between those evil sneaky feminine protection TV ads and the awesomeness of a syphilis only dating website.

If you look at it how they meant it, and not how you see it it's not that bad. If anything it's sexist. They're most likely plaing off of the married couple or man vs woman differences. It's about freakin dual climate control. Man hears school girl and thinks sexual fantasy, woman hears it and thinks an innocent child. Man hears fantasy and thinks of sexual fantasy, woman hears it and thinks fairy tale. Man thinks its cold turns on heat, woman thinks its hot turns on ac. It's not about thinking of a child in a sexual way.

M

makare

I just see it as showing the difference in interpreting the situation based on age.
Not that they are the same situation. Just reinterpretations of it.

It reminded me of this

North_Ranger

Staff member
Pro-pedophilia? Meh. Odd as hell? You betcha.

But once you've seen a McDonald's commercial about a bear trying to get into a night club...

Who drools while eating an apple like that teacher?
OMG, the ad isn't about paedophilia, but about a school girl taking advantage of a mentally challenged man who sees life as if it was a cartoon... and they totally stole it from Community.

The teacher one probably should have been left on the cutting room floor simply because it's hard for people not to read pedophilia into it.

The sleeping beauty one, though, is perfect. It merely shows that children and adults can read the exact same story and get two completely different meanings out of it.

I laughed and laughed and laughed at Young Frankenstein as a child without getting much of the innuendo - when I saw it later on I was surprised at the sexual undertones in most scenes.

As someone who used to work in advertising, and still works in marketing, that they didn't do the slightest level of due diligence is just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.