Knives!

I carry a knife on me or in my vehicle

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On me at all times: Victorinox Huntsman (since my Outdoorsman was confiscated before I knew how court buildings worked and has since been discontinued).
When camping/hunting: Cold Steel 3-layer folding Tanto similar in appearance to today's Voyager series.
Bought a display model 20yrs ago for about $80, I've sharpened it once since then.

--Patrick

I have a tiny 1 inch bladed knife on my keychain, 2 very sharp swords, and various locking folders in my room.

And I carry a gerber mk II combat knife in my car.

What...?

I always used to have one in my coat. Then I took a flight on a plane and it got confiscated. Never bothered to replace it since.

M

Mr_Chaz

Swiss on my keychain. Good enough for most box, string, apple cutting type duties, and doesn't get in my way at all.

I live in a city. I do not carry a knife of any kind, and, to be fair, the times I've gone "gee, I could use a knife right now" can be counted on the fingers of one hand (which means a maximum of 5, not 4, you knife freaks :-p). Honestly, all fine and well if you live in the middle of nowhere, but I'm one of those people who thinks serious knifes should be illegal just as much as guns. Heck, I don't even box cutters with any regularity, only in construction work or such. You can open a box with an enveloppe opener just fine.

Bubble181 said:
I live in a city. I do not carry a knife of any kind, and, to be fair, the times I've gone "gee, I could use a knife right now" can be counted on the fingers of one hand (which means a maximum of 5, not 4, you knife freaks :-p). Honestly, all fine and well if you live in the middle of nowhere, but I'm one of those people who thinks serious knifes should be illegal just as much as guns. Heck, I don't even box cutters with any regularity, only in construction work or such. You can open a box with an enveloppe opener just fine.
Um. No.
I once that 'cause I was working retail, and I broke a letter opener that way.

ur doin it rong.

Anyway, I open my boxes just fine using keys, letter openers, or potato peelers. Don't need no knifes for that stuff. And, you know, I perfectly understand using a box cutter if you have to open a bunch of boxes at work. I don't see why I'd want to lg it around town the whole time :-P

B

Batdan

Bubble181 said:
I don't see why I'd want to lg it around town the whole time :-P
Wait until kidnappers tie you up and leave you in the storage closet. Then while you're there alone in the darkness, you can wish you had something to cut the rope with so you can break free and foil the robbery attempt like in all those cool 80's TV shows.

What? It could happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.