Export thread

Launch Your Ships!

Null

Null

Was watching Monty Oum tribute videos on youtube last night and found this:

Since Valentine's Day is just around the corner, go ahead and post your ships! Not crack pairings, but justifiable ships that are either headcanon for you or just that you'd like to see happen.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

THEM. Forever, always.

My first ship and it runs deep. To quote tumblr - 'I don't ship them, I luxury cruise that shit!'

Hylian

Hylian

Off the top of my head I would say

Sokka and Toph (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
Vinyl Scratch and Octavia (My Little Pony Friendship is Magic)
Ash and Misty (Pokemon)
Hakaru and Kaora Hitachiin (Ouran High School Host Club)
Walky and Joyce (Dumbing of Age/It's Walky/Etc.)
Elsa and Anna (Frozen)

Bubble181

Bubble181

Not crack pairings, but justifiable ships
Elsa and Anna (Frozen)
Errrr...A couple of sisters is OK nowadays? :p I mean, I don't mind as a ship, but as for "justifiable headcanon"....:p

Hylian

Hylian

I think it's justifiable :p

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I think it's justifiable :p
It's hot (.. cold?) so that's ok.

My headcanon ship was Korra and Asami, but it seems someone has been intercepting my brainwaves.

Also, Harley and Poison Ivy. And Batman and Joker, but that's an abusive relationship.

Null

Null

Steve Rogers & Lady Sif (MCU versions) - Why? Well, from Sif's perspective, there's the possibility of making Thor jealous; she'd almost certainly be curious about the man who could give Thor orders that he'd follow when even the King of Asgard could not; and the fact that he's just a truly good person, a genuine hero. From Steve's perspective, she's a lot like Peggy Carter - an extremely capable, fearless woman who can hold her own under any circumstance; she too isn't especially familiar with contemporary Earth culture, so they'd be able to experience things for the first time that most of their comrades take for granted; and she has an honest, straightforward personality, which is more comfortable than the cunning femme fatales Steve is often surrounded with.[DOUBLEPOST=1423075273,1423075028][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's hot (.. cold?) so that's ok.

My headcanon ship was Korra and Asami, but it seems someone has been intercepting my brainwaves.

Also, Harley and Poison Ivy. And Batman and Joker, but that's an abusive relationship.
Batman and Joker... you know, in a lot of ways, they're in a very sick co-dependent relationship. The Joker does horrific things, which spurs Batman to pursue and punish him, they get separated for a while, then they start over. The Joker always makes sure to attract Batman's attention to his schemes, and Batman remains unattached so he can always pursue one of his enemies at a moment's notice. His Rogue's Gallery are essentially the most important people in his life.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I find it kind of gross that most those ships are from cartoons aimed at children....

bronypwny.jpg

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Nico Robin and Franky One Piece.
Tai(chi) and Sora from Digimon.
Shego and Dr. Drakken from Kim Possible.
Walky and Joyce, and Mike and Amber from the Walkyverse.
Logan and Makino from Chris Claremont's Wolverine run because he damn well deserves happiness!
Nightcrawler and Shadowcat from X-men Evolution, the quake guy was cool I guess but I felt they looked better together.
Leonardo and Karai from the 2003 series. Sure he's a turtle, and she can't decide what freaking side she's on but they could make it work!
Raven and Beast Boy from Teen Titans.
Mordecai and CJ from Regular Show(Margaret had her chance).

Bubble181

Bubble181

Shego and Dr. Drakken from Kim Possible.
You want to wake up with your throat mysteriously cut one day? Dude, there's madder than you lurking on this forum :p

Bowielee

Bowielee

Logan and Makino from Chris Claremont's Wolverine run because he damn well deserves happiness!
/pushes up nerd glasses

I believe you mean Mariko Yashida.

mikerc

mikerc

Raven / Beast Boy from Teen Titans
Zack Allen / Lyta Alexander from Babylon 5
Ryu / Chun Li from Street Fighter
Guy Gardener / Kyle Rayner from Green Lantern
Peter Parker & MJ are STILL MARRIED DAMMIT!

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

/pushes up nerd glasses

I believe you mean Mariko Yashida.
Yup, always mix her name up with Makino from One Piece. A large fraction of my brain is One Piece trivia.

You want to wake up with your throat mysteriously cut one day? Dude, there's madder than you lurking on this forum :p
I take that as a challenge, LET THE BATTLE FOR KISHIN-NESS COMMENCE!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Siblings are COMPLETELY in crack ship territory. You gross people.

But yeah, even as a kid, I knew Harley and Ivy were doin' it when I saw them together in TAS.

In Code Geass, my headcanon has Lelouche and CC more than mere accomplices - but Kallen never got the nerve to go there.

I always thought there was something to Motoko x Batou. Particularly around the end of season 1 of SAC.

I was disappointed Drakken x Shego became canon in the series finale - it was clear to me Shego x Sr. Sr. Junior was a better fit.

In Big O, I went what some might consider the boring route, with Roger x Angel. Even if Dorothy wasn't an android, her relationship with Roger always felt more like that of a younger sibling, or even perhaps adopted stepdaughter.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a full blown ship, but I didn't find Jeff x Annie as icky as it was made out to be in the show, even though they would have violated the rule of 2x+7. I never bought that Jeff and Britta could sustain a relationship as anything more than FWB.

I forget if it was canon in the comic as well as the 90s movies and the 2000s animated series, but I was a fan of April x Casey Jones in TMNT. In the 80s version though, they turned him into too much of a psychopath for that to work, however.

Flint and Lady Jay was boring. Duke x Scarlett, now that was spicy. Also Shipwreck x Covergirl.

If I think of more I'll post more.[DOUBLEPOST=1423081844,1423081714][/DOUBLEPOST]
Zack Allen / Lyta Alexander from Babylon 5
Ah yeah, definitely.
Peter Parker & MJ are STILL MARRIED DAMMIT!
I'll never accept any statement to the contrary.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Kin & MinMax from Goblins

GasBandit

GasBandit

Kin & MinMax from Goblins
I think we all shipped that one, brother. Ouch.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Ivanova/Talia Winters in Babylon 5. Yes, it was implied, but no, never canonized. I think most fans accept that as headcanon though :p

Null

Null

Pretty sure than in at least a few of the original Eastman & Laird TMNT comics, Casey and April were an item, like, to the point of living together. And that was when April was an African-American junk store owner and Casey was basically a less unstable Travis Bickle.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ivanova/Talia Winters in Babylon 5. Yes, it was implied, but no, never canonized. I think most fans accept that as headcanon though :p
I'm pretty sure JMS confirmed them as canon, he just couldn't put it on TV explicitly because it was the 90s, but he still managed to get Ivanova to say out loud she loved her, a good ways after the fact.

What was never 100% clear to me is why they had to write Talia out of the story so abruptly - I'm guessing that would have been about the time she and Jerry Doyle got divorced, and it was a "him or her, one's gotta go" situation? I never read the whole story on that. And it squashed the whole TK arc which never really came to pass. But, I guess the silver lining there was that it got us Lyta back, and you know what I always pick when it comes down to redheads vs blondes...

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Jack and Miranda in mass effect

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm pretty sure JMS confirmed them as canon, he just couldn't put it on TV explicitly because it was the 90s, but he still managed to get Ivanova to say out loud she loved her, a good ways after the fact.

What was never 100% clear to me is why they had to write Talia out of the story so abruptly - I'm guessing that would have been about the time she and Jerry Doyle got divorced, and it was a "him or her, one's gotta go" situation? I never read the whole story on that. And it squashed the whole TK arc which never really came to pass. But, I guess the silver lining there was that it got us Lyta back, and you know what I always pick when it comes down to redheads vs blondes...
Sure, but "the writer and director said so off show" (he confirms it in the commentary track for one of the episodes) still isn't quite cannon :p

PatrThom

PatrThom

What was never 100% clear to me is why they had to write Talia out of the story so abruptly - I'm guessing that would have been about the time she and Jerry Doyle got divorced
Actually, it was about the time they got married.
I was unhappy to see her character go, too. She had her looming redemption snatched away and perverted just as the audience was warming to her.

I'm not sure who I'd ship, which is interesting since one of my wife's friends only two days ago asked her who I ship. Its Baader-Meinhof all over again. Actually, I have no idea. I mean, off the top of my head, I'd say Tenchi/Ryoko, but that's hardly "shipping," now is it?

--Patrick

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Pretty sure than in at least a few of the original Eastman & Laird TMNT comics, Casey and April were an item, like, to the point of living together. And that was when April was an African-American junk store owner and Casey was basically a less unstable Travis Bickle.
Was she black? I thought she just had a perm.

Null

Null

Was she black? I thought she just had a perm.
I'm not sure. The art is kind of inconsistent. Sometimes she looks dark or mixed, other times just looks like she has a frizzy perm.

https://doknowbutchie.wordpress.com/2013/11/25/a-visual-history-of-april-oneil-part-1-1984-1987/

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sure, but "the writer and director said so off show" (he confirms it in the commentary track for one of the episodes) still isn't quite cannon :p
On some subjects, it's as good as we're gonna get, though.

Also, CANON. Cannon is artillery :p

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I'm not sure. The art is kind of inconsistent. Sometimes she looks dark or mixed, other times just looks like she has a frizzy perm.
Inconsistent art in Ninja Turtles? How irregular.

Bubble181

Bubble181

On some subjects, it's as good as we're gonna get, though.

Also, CANON. Cannon is artillery :p

Yes, and canon is singing in groups, one after the other :p

(I always get confused 'cause it's different in Dutch)

MindDetective

MindDetective

Honestly, I rarely ship. I do often want to unship (is that a thing?) couples that got together when, oh God, why did they...???

GasBandit

GasBandit

Also I have to admit, I totally harbor secret ships in HFA.

Null

Null

Honestly, I rarely ship. I do often want to unship (is that a thing?) couples that got together when, oh God, why did they...???
Yeah is totally a thing. I think there's even a trope called "Romantic Plot Tumour" about when that sort of relationship takes time away from the rest of a work. Also "Designated Love Interest".

Personally, I'd call it the "Carlie Cooper effect"

Gusto

Gusto

THEM. Forever, always.

My first ship and it runs deep. To quote tumblr - 'I don't ship them, I luxury cruise that shit!'
Seconded!

Also:

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

The only ship that I would beg the writer to make canon. Mustang and Hawkeye from FMA aka Royai. I love them so much.
royai.jpg

Null

Null

Wasn't that canon? I'm pretty sure was official in FMA Brotherhood. Arakawa has said that the only reason they're not married by the end of the series is due to military anti-fraternization regulations. Since Mustang eventually becomes Fuhrer, that regulation probably wouldn't apply anymore...

Celt Z

Celt Z

Also I have to admit, I totally harbor secret ships in HFA.
Telling us which ones should be a bonus feature at the end of the season.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Telling us which ones should be a bonus feature at the end of the season.
That, and I've got this pipe dream of a closing credits montage sequence with things like "Adam Stienman as Adam Stienman" each with photos of us wearing the Academy t-shirts.

Probably won't work out though.

Anonymous

@Jay & @Adam

AMIRITE?

Bubble181

Bubble181

Pfft, "Anonymous"....As if there's any doubt, Adam.

Null

Null

Okay, for a moment I thought, for some reason, that @Adam referred to @stienman, and was like, "I don't think Jay's got sufficient birthing hips to deal with stienman..."

jwhouk

jwhouk

Clark and Lois.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Clark and Lois.
Dude, she's clearly meant to be with Superman. Clark? Seriously? The guy's a wuss and a nerd.

bhamv3

bhamv3

My headcanon is that Joey moved back to New York after his acting career in LA failed, and Phoebe realized she's not all that compatible with Mike, and then Joey and Phoebe got together.

GasBandit

GasBandit

My headcanon is that Joey moved back to New York after his acting career in LA failed, and Phoebe realized she's not all that compatible with Mike, and then Joey and Phoebe got together.
I was SO not into the whole "OH MY GOD WE HAVE TO FIND PHOEBE SOMEBODY TO LOVE" part of season 10 that the writers apparently had a raging boner for.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Oh, also, Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles belong together.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I was SO not into the whole "OH MY GOD WE HAVE TO FIND PHOEBE SOMEBODY TO LOVE" part of season 10 that the writers apparently had a raging boner for.
Yeah, and if anyone, why the heck not the one she's already declared to be the love of her life 3x over and dumped all other guys for?
I mean the scientist in Minsk, of course.

But yeah,,the whole "all girls need a man to have a happy ending, while...what? Joey? Oh, well pack him off to Hollywood, that's a happy ending too right?" thing was annoying to say the least.

Gared

Gared

What the everloving fuck are you all saying in here? Did... did I have a stroke? I had a stroke, didn't I? Have I lost the ability to understand common English?

Bubble181

Bubble181

What the everloving fuck are you all saying in here? Did... did I have a stroke? I had a stroke, didn't I? Have I lost the ability to understand common English?
No, but most of what's being talked about isn't worded in common English, but in a specific jargon.[DOUBLEPOST=1423105053,1423104716][/DOUBLEPOST]A "ship" or "shipping": a relationship between (usually fictional) characters in a show/series/etc (books, tv, or otherwise) which are either not mentioned or not supported by the canonical texts.
A relationship that IS mentioned - say, Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley - is just a relationship. A relationship that could perfectly work but just isn't talked about or specificially mentioned can be "headcanon" - that's something someone considers canon for themselves. A relationship that isn't supported by actual canon at all - say, "I think Harry Potter should've ended up with Luna Lovegood instead of Ginny Weasley" - is a "weaker' form of ship.
A relationship that is really out there and couldn't possibly work at all in the universe it exists in, but people, for some reason, would want to be real - usually for sexual fetishation or in their fantasies, or in fanfiction - are crack pairings. Say, Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy get together and Draco ends up pregnant with Harry's kid through Magic.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Pfft, "Anonymous"....As if there's any doubt, Adam.
I think it was Jay.

Bubble181

Bubble181

And, what I forgot to mention: as with all words of this kind, all these definitions are nebulous. The OP asked for "no crack pairings", yet one of the first mentioned was Elsa/Anna in Frozen. Depending on how much you want to think things through this is just a hot lesbian pairing of two strong female characters, or a really icky pairing of two sisters. Some will feel the need to write fanfiction making one of them adopted, just so they can then write a story where the two can "truly love" one another or whatever. Others will just "Eh, we'll just ignore that bit". And of course, the fact that I say most real crack pairing are mostly sexual can also be attacked - it's just necessary for the plot of their fanfiction or whatever. Fair enough, but if your fanfiction plot demands characters going completely against their established personality, change sexual orientation, suddenly age 10 years, and whatever else may be required, you might be better off writing in a different setting instead of trying to fit these specific characters into these specific roles.

Most notably, 50 Shades of Grey started out as Twilight fanfiction. All references to vampirism and such were removed and some names changed from the published version for licensing reasons.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Ok one more. I haven't watched Bleach in a while so it slipped my mind. Ulquiorra and Inoue Orihime aka Ulquihime. I disliked Orihime until she was captured. This final scene with him made me teary-eyed.

[DOUBLEPOST=1423110616,1423110455][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wasn't that canon? I'm pretty sure was official in FMA Brotherhood. Arakawa has said that the only reason they're not married by the end of the series is due to military anti-fraternization regulations. Since Mustang eventually becomes Fuhrer, that regulation probably wouldn't apply anymore...
Nope. Not canon, only implied.

Null

Null

Ok one more. I haven't watched Bleach in a while so it slipped my mind. Ulquiorra and Inoue Orihime aka Ulquihime. I disliked Orihime until she was captured. This final scene with him made me teary-eyed.

I can kind of see that. They actually had some real chemistry. Her virtue and compassion were the opposite of most Espadas/Arrancars.

GasBandit

GasBandit

No, but most of what's being talked about isn't worded in common English, but in a specific jargon.[DOUBLEPOST=1423105053,1423104716][/DOUBLEPOST]A "ship" or "shipping": a relationship between (usually fictional) characters in a show/series/etc (books, tv, or otherwise) which are either not mentioned or not supported by the canonical texts.
A relationship that IS mentioned - say, Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley - is just a relationship. A relationship that could perfectly work but just isn't talked about or specificially mentioned can be "headcanon" - that's something someone considers canon for themselves. A relationship that isn't supported by actual canon at all - say, "I think Harry Potter should've ended up with Luna Lovegood instead of Ginny Weasley" - is a "weaker' form of ship.
A relationship that is really out there and couldn't possibly work at all in the universe it exists in, but people, for some reason, would want to be real - usually for sexual fetishation or in their fantasies, or in fanfiction - are crack pairings. Say, Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy get together and Draco ends up pregnant with Harry's kid through Magic.
You could have just showed him this video -

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Jocosta and Vision
Mr Howell and Skipper
Venus Flytrap and Jennifer

fade

fade

[DOUBLEPOST=1423110616,1423110455][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nope. Not canon, only implied.
I wish they'd gotten more into the Arrancars in general. It seemed like they all had some humanity. In my headcanon, that's why the one personality was able to dominate the Menos, and eventually all the other hollows it consumed. And what's their connection to the living world? They're still Hollows, and hollows were humans who could not let go of the world. Is there some unfinished business that the Arrancars still feel compelled to attend to?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I totally wanted to see Toph and Aang.

Dei

Dei

I wanted Toph and Sokka. :/ I was also pro-Zutara for awhile. >.>

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Dude, she's clearly meant to be with Superman. Clark? Seriously? The guy's a wuss and a nerd.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Blackest_Night_-_Wonder_Woman_-2_020.jpg

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

DCAU hell yeah, comics I have no opinion. They never really had a spark with me, at least in the ones I've read.