Legends of Tomorrow

I know I'm in the minority here, but this is getting to be too much. If you'd told me ten or fifteen years ago that all these comic shows were being made? I'd be ecstatic. But this is starting to feel like overkill.

RORY!!!!:heart:
Also, that looks like fun to me!

But I do agree with Nick a bit; it does feel like we're reaching super-hero -super-saturation. (Something I never thought I'd say or complain about.) I don't mind all these shows, but I wish they were doing the short seasons like Daredevil or Agent Carter. I'm already behind on a few I want to see.

I wonder if DC knows they've already lost the movie game and are trying to populate TV shows before most of the Marvel ones will air.

This looks pretty damn ambitious for a TV show, especially a CW one. I'm curious how they're going to juggle it with Arrow and Flash.

Last edited:
I can always use more Caity Lotz in my life. And the production team has sown that they can put together some good shows with Arrow and Flash. Even showed that they learned a ton about producing TV when they started the Flash out much better than they did with Arrow.

Rip Hunter is probably the most prominent time traveler in the DC universe. He's like the guardian of time.
Not to mention superman is more of a time traveler than Booster. LOSH too for that matter. Although the last run of Booster Gold did have him hopping around the timestream trig to keep it safe. Of course he was working with and under the guidance of Rip Hunter so there you go.

I would have rather see Booster Gold, than a time traveler that I never heard of.
How could you be a fan of Booster and not know Rip Hunter? He was in the best Booster series as of late.

EDIT: And i just realised the name Rip Hunter refers to hunting rips... in time i guess. Now i'm wondering why it took me so long.

Some thoughts on this:
So Ray Palmer/The Atom is their version of Tony Stark/Iron Man with a little Ant-Man? Also the CG animation at the end looks really bad.
I wouldn't be to surprised if somebody in the team calling Rip Hunter a time lord to mock him
Captain Cold is in the team, why?
Time travel to stop Savages' plans in the past sounds like a continuity nightmare. Wonder how many retcons we will see.
There will be at least one episode a character tries to change the past saving a loved one and Rip Hunter explains why this is a bad idea.
It really feels a little over saturated with characters
Yes, White Canary looks like Owen Wilson in the still shot

Until you guys started talking about it, I thought this was a group of non-canon characters. So I watched the trailer.
I'm not happy with what they're doing with Ray Palmer. Palmer is not Tony Stark, he never was. He shouldn't be. If they needed to have a spoiled rich guy in the group, they should've gone with Booster Gold.

--Patrick

People commenting on the Tony Stark/Atom thing must not be watching Arrow at all.

Though the suit of armor thing is pretty Iron Man-ish, the character himself couldn't be further from Tony Stark.

They could've done a better job of showing that in the trailer, then.

--Patrick
They're probably trying to attract viewers who like Tony Stark's personality, and will hopefully stay for the rest of the show.

I imagine we'll see Booster Gold show up eventually.

I think it's pretty much assumed that if someone is watching this, they also watch Arrow and Flash. They didn't need to put much about White Canary and Atom in the trailer as they're already established characters in Arrow.

I was happy when he actually shrank. I was worried from Arrow that all he would have was the armor and not actually do what the Atom does in the comics.

First episode was pretty good. The bar fight scene felt forced, like they needed to find something for everyone else to do. I'm guessing that might be a problem as the show goes on but it's not the worst thing in the world.

White Canary and Snart were really fun. Too bad the guy playing Hawkman has no charisma.
Well, that won't really be a problem anymore!

I liked the 2nd episode as well. The action is fun, though it was a little on too large a scale making everything kind of hard to follow. There are blasts and explosions everywhere, and you just kind of assume the good guys are doing most of it. I'm excited to see where the show goes.

Hawkman's gone! Fuck yes. Fuck that guy. When I watched the two parter that introduced them all I could think about was how punchable his stupid face was and it distracted me every scene he was in. Ok, now I'm ready to watch this show.

Ehhhh, it's a time travel show. He'll be time saved next episode.

Last edited:
Hawkman's gone! Fuck yes. Fuck that guy. When I watched the two parter that introduced them all I could think about was how punchable his stupid face was and it distracted me every scene he was in. Ok, now I'm ready to watch this show.

Ehhhh, it's a time travel show. He'll be time saved next episode.
I think we'll at least get a few episodes without him. I think they would have to pick up a spare Hawkman from another time point. For whatever reason I don't think they can just go back in time 2 hours and make sure lady hawk shanks him this time. I bet once Kendra starts full on remembering, we'll pick up a fresh Carter who then has to learn from Kendra.

I think we'll at least get a few episodes without him. I think they would have to pick up a spare Hawkman from another time point. For whatever reason I don't think they can just go back in time 2 hours and make sure lady hawk shanks him this time. I bet once Kendra starts full on remembering, we'll pick up a fresh Carter who then has to learn from Kendra.
Plus, since he died in 1975, they can just pick up his reincarnated self down the line and yes, he will be the one with no memory and they can rewrite the character as less all knowing Hawkbutt and more like Kendra's still assimilating memories.

Plus, since he died in 1975, they can just pick up his reincarnated self down the line and yes, he will be the one with no memory and they can rewrite the character as less all knowing Hawkbutt and more like Kendra's still assimilating memories.
Since he's from 2016 but died in 1975, do you think his spirit went back to 2016 to get a new body or found one in 1975? Could there be a 2nd hawkguy running around in the late 70s?