Export thread

Love In The Time of Sausage

ElJuski

ElJuski

That's the name of my doodle comic, I think. I'm up for suggestions though. Anyways, I'm dumping the one's I've already made onto this page and updating. Comments and criticisms, porfavor! I think I'm going to keep going at it until I have a substantial library then maybe take it live.

And once again: Feedback is always phenomenal.

Shawn

Shawn

Heh. It's like Cyanide and Happiness, but with story-lines.
Go with it!

ElJuski

ElJuski

^.^ woohoo first good review. This is one I drew up before passing out on Christmas Eve. I don't know if I still enjoy it, but here it is. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

ElJuski said:
^.^ woohoo first good review. This is one I drew up before passing out on Christmas Eve. I don't know if I still enjoy it, but here it is. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

On a quick glance, I thought that was diglet in the last panel.

ElJuski

ElJuski

I hope you realize that now I have to edit a diglett in. Haha, fantastic.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

ElJuski said:
I hope you realize that now I have to edit a diglett in. Haha, fantastic.
I'm Contributing! :teeth:

Gusto

Gusto

Aaaaand now you've arrived. :)

Bubble181

Bubble181

You somehow have to make your women stando ut more.
Well, no, don't give them breasts or anything...I don't really know. In the "wait a minute" cartoon, the first couple of frames are OK, but the last one it's suddenly a guy with a wig. I think the combination of the larger head, the unibrow, and the mouth made her more manly, or something. I dunno.

Also, you rock. Continue.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I love this stuff!

ElJuski

ElJuski

@ Gusto: Awesome.

@ Bubble: Hrrrm...this is something I will look into. I do notice that sometimes I almost even draw the one guy (sans hat) with a quasi-skirt. Which makes the trick of making a skirt for all the women even worse to pull off. Hrm...to the drawing board!

@ Silver: Thanks! : D

I appreciate the comments and the criticism; even though its just doodles I'm actually trying to impress with some comedy writing, so knowing where I hit and omfffffffffffg miss is very appreciated.

edzepp

How are you planning to draw your speech bubbles? Will you be using a different font for lettering than what you're currently using? Those are the 2 areas you can improve on, I think. The art is fine.

Shawn

Shawn

Would agree with above.
Don't change the art. Just find a better font for the lettering.

ElJuski

ElJuski

An interesting point. No idea what I would actually use. I do everything in MSPaint (LE GASP!) so I should probably find something in there. Or, you know, learn to use fuckin' PaintShop. :pthhp:

strawman

strawman

ElJuski said:
An interesting point. No idea what I would actually use. I do everything in MSPaint (LE GASP!) so I should probably find something in there. Or, you know, learn to use fuckin' PaintShop. :pthhp:
http://www.paint.net/

Free. Layers. Easier to use than photoshop and gimp. It won't take you too long to learn what yo need to know, and lots of people use it, so there's a ton of tutorials and such.

Learn it, live it, love it - but don't take it in the pooper with you - fecal spores, man!

-Adam

Philosopher B.

stienman said:
don't take it in the pooper
Sound advice. :thumbsup:

ElJuski

ElJuski

*SHUDDER* FECAL SPORES :puke:

Jake

Jake

stienman said:
ElJuski said:
http://www.paint.net/

Free. Layers. Easier to use than photoshop and gimp. It won't take you too long to learn what yo need to know, and lots of people use it, so there's a ton of tutorials and such.

Learn it, live it, love it - but don't take it in the pooper with you - fecal spores, man!

-Adam
Seconded. It's easy as balls. And I think you all know just how easy balls can be. Sluts.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

We demand more funnies! Excellent stuff, Juski ol' boy.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Downloaded Paint.net, playing around with it and got this:

Gusto

Gusto

I laughed, but it was laughter of RAGE!

COMIC SANS!? C'mon man.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Gusto said:

COMIC SANS!? C'mon man.
:twisted:

Gusto

Gusto

ElJuski said:
Gusto said:

COMIC SANS!? C'mon man.
:twisted:
:Leyla:

ElJuski

ElJuski

One of my favorite Achewoods evar

The Mike

you were the first one in the I hate comic sans campaign what happened?

Love the art but find the font troubling, get a nice font and stick with it, you need a format for the dialog

ElJuski

ElJuski

The Mike said:
get a nice font and stick with it, you need a format for the dialog
Oh yeah, I will, I just gotta...lotta stuff to do right now.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND7yJ7sMosk:17656275][/youtube:17656275]

That is how I feel about your CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM! :zoid:

ElJuski

ElJuski

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I liked it.

I was also slightly reminded of Pictures for Sad Children, although that may have more to do with the drawings rather than the writing.

Gusto

Gusto

Fuck yeah, Alanis.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Do they really make balloons shaped like that!?

I must have them at my birthday party...

Also, check your E-Mail, Mr. Juski! :thumbsup:

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I really like the way you set that latest one up, Juski, with the staples and art on real bg's.

Gusto

Gusto

make 'em tall and ice cold just like yours truly

ElJuski

ElJuski

CynicismKills said:
I really like the way you set that latest one up, Juski, with the staples and art on real bg's.[/quote

Thanks! I thought it turned out okay. I'm probably going to keep going this way--take pictures of my apartment and surroundings and shit. If you haven't noticed my doodles are rather...simple...so backgrounds and shit are a pain in the ass (I mean check that couch out for fuck sake!) So I'm glad it didn't turn out like a turd. I will continue to use it for the continuation of this story!

@ Gusto--What's cooler than being Gusto? ICE COLLLLLD! all right all right all right all right all right

Bowielee

Bowielee

I never even knew this part of the forum existed. I just came looking for art because of the artist of the month thing.

The greeting card one had me literally gasping for air, I was laughing so hard.

Also, I agree, I LOVE the cutouts over real photos.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

This cutout style looks incredibly good! And the strips are funny!

YOU'LL MAKE MILLIONS!

Don't worry, I'll be your manager. We'll share the profist 50/50

Philosopher B.

ElJuski said:
That looks, like, artsy or some shit.

I approve. :thumbsup:

ElJuski

ElJuski

-- Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:59 pm --

Yeah, I totally went away from that storyline. PERHAPS LATER I SHALL RETURN to it. Man, being hungover and board really gave me a chance to be somewhat productive. Ahhh yes yes yes

ElJuski

ElJuski

I'm on a roll bitches TAKE NOTE

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

hahaha DUDEEE

That walken was dead-on.

Pedro is gonna fuck it up for the rest of the students if the grading is on a curve!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

The first was alright, I'll be honest and say I didn't get more than a giggle.

The second is wonderful. I would let it stay till morning and make me eggs.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Dogg even ripping a giggle from a person's soul is more than I can hope for with these doodles. I am glad the second one is coming off 2/2 on likability :uhhuh: :uhhuh:

Far

Far

Make that 3/3.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

It took me a minute to get the Walken joke, but when I reread it and sounded it out, I laughed out loud.

I love the new style. I still think you could make a great webcomic with this. But at the same time, I understand the idea of not wanting to commit to a schedule like that, and I'm just glad you're sharing these hilarious gems with us.

ElJuski

ElJuski

:rofl: subtle link, dogg. :rofl:

Thanks guys for having some enjoyment. My buddy wants me to open up a website just for my various vanity projects and I probably will. I was pissed though because

(A) he thinks www.loveinthetimeofsausage.com is too long and complicated

and

(B) he thinks www.lovesausage.com isn't the kind of traffic we want to get ~_~

I think lovesausage.com would be phenominal.

Now that it's summer I guess I'll have more output. Or, in the least, I have the scripts done for the rest of the continuity of this group of strips. Seriously though, thanks for the kudos and etc! I'm liking where the design angle is going, and I'll probably keep that up to help cover up my lack of talent :p

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

ElJuski said:
:rofl: subtle link, dogg. :rofl:

Thanks guys for having some enjoyment. My buddy wants me to open up a website just for my various vanity projects and I probably will. I was * though because

(A) he thinks http://www.loveinthetimeofsausage.com is too long and complicated

and

(B) he thinks http://www.lovesausage.com isn't the kind of traffic we want to get ~_~

I think lovesausage.com would be phenominal.

Now that it's summer I guess I'll have more output. Or, in the least, I have the scripts done for the rest of the continuity of this group of strips. Seriously though, thanks for the kudos and etc! I'm liking where the design angle is going, and I'll probably keep that up to help cover up my lack of talent :p
Link? What link? I have no idea what you're talking about. :ninja: Actually my point was just that I haven't done a comic there in like 3 months now.

I think lovesausage.com would be hilarious. But then, my buddies and I went with bearcave, which couldn't POSSIBLY sound more homoerotic, so maybe I'm not right in the head myself.

Anyway, great stuff!

ElJuski

ElJuski

I keep trying to push for it, but no dice. And yeah, I got your point. Just wanted to make a crack :p

Will let you guys know when shit goes live. I've also been thinking of other good ways of using that site for other people's creative projects, etc etc. Of course, without stepping on Halforum's toes.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

What's wrong with http://lovesausage.com? It even has the slogan "Do You Lovesausage?" all ready to go.

Ross

Ross

Or you could always acronym it up, like LICD does. LITTOS.com kinda has a ring to it.

ElJuski

ElJuski

You have both brought delightful things to my attention

Gusto

Gusto

I've already abbreviated Love In The Time Of Sausage a few times.

Love In The Time Of Sausage :arrowright: Lovesausage :arrowright: LoSaus :arrowright: Lowsauce

I'm a big fan of these most recent Lowsauces.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

LITTOS! I love how that sounds!

:rofl: I did a search for the availability of www.lovesausage.com. Here's what I got back for alternate suggestions.

adoresausage
thehotsausage
cherishsausage
lovemeats
bigblacksausage

Gusto

Gusto

Edrondol said:
:rofl: I did a search for the availability of http://www.lovesausage.com. Here's what I got back for alternate suggestions.

adoresausage
thehotsausage
cherishsausage
lovemeats
bigblacksausage
Any one of those is sure to drive a lot of traffic!

ElJuski

ElJuski

What's next in the world of littos? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Gusto said:
Edrondol said:
:rofl: I did a search for the availability of http://www.lovesausage.com. Here's what I got back for alternate suggestions.

adoresausage
thehotsausage
cherishsausage
lovemeats
bigblacksausage
Any one of those is sure to drive a lot of traffic!
Lovemeats is the best one :rofl: