Export thread

[Mar 25, 2012] TF2 Stress Test (Online)

Dave

Dave

Today we will be attempting to get all 16 slots filled on the new TF2 server to see how or if it affects lag or playability.
If interested in helping out by blowing shit up, please RSVP.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Cool, I guess it can handle 1/16 easy enough...

Dave

Dave

-heh- We had 5 on earlier with no issues. If we want we can open it on non-event days to not have a password so random strangers might come in.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I'm sorry I missed it. I ended up sleeping most of the day, then re-downloading all my steam games (new hard drive).

Dave

Dave

Covar, does that mean you think we should open it for outsiders?

Covar

Covar

On non event days I would agree. It would keep people in the room and give halforumites more people to play with on the server, rather than going elsewhere. I know there's servers with priority to donors out there, so there's probably some way to setup a whitelist of priority for halforumites.

Dave

Dave

I'll look into that. For now I'll open it up without password.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I'm sorry I missed it. I ended up sleeping most of the day, then re-downloading all my steam games (new hard drive).
Pssst... did you know you can copy them over from your existing drive without the need to re-download them all?

On topic... I'll try and be around for the stress test... no promises though... having young kids will do that.

GasBandit

GasBandit

What time on the 25th will the stress test be?

Dave

Dave

Weird. Sorry about that! It took away the RSVP section. I've added it back in.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I hate you all......

Dave

Dave

I've heard that somewhere...

GasBandit

GasBandit

I've heard that somewhere...
Just your imagination.

Chronos[Ha-G]

Depends on when it is during the day. We record Kritzkast (LEGALLY REQUIRED LINK) midday on sunday.

Wahad

Wahad

Is this still going to go?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Given that there's a total of one person on the server, I'm guessing I missed the stress test

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

you left too early. People showed up. But yeah, Dave never showed so far.

figmentPez

figmentPez

We had six people on at one point, fighting melee-only. Not exactly a stress-test, but it's pretty fun to see melee go on for as long as it did.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Oh for fuck's... I thought this was yesterday. That's why I showed up then. I was raiding all day today.

Dave

Dave

Are you kidding me?!? I set the fucking day and I showed up on the wrong one?!? I thought yesterday was the 25th! I was bitching on Saturday at noon about how nobody cared or bothered to show up! I'm a fucking moron.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Are you kidding me?!? I set the fucking day and I showed up on the wrong one?!? I thought yesterday was the 25th! I was bitching on Saturday at noon about how nobody cared or bothered to show up! I'm a fucking moron.
Yes... yes you are.

Dave

Dave

I talked about it online yesterday to pretty much everyone. NOBODY corrected me! Ash even complained about nobody being there for the stress test.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

We were all "Where's dave? He schedules a stress test and then doesn't show up. Man!"

Then we were all "Melee only!"

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

No, Sunday WAS the 25th, which is the day you scheduled. I showed up on the 24th (saturday) because I thought it WAS the 25th.

Unless you meant to schedule it for Saturday and didn't.

Dave

Dave

No, Sunday WAS the 25th, which is the day you scheduled. I showed up on the 24th (saturday) because I thought it WAS the 25th.

Unless you meant to schedule it for Saturday and didn't.
So basically both server admins had the wrong day.

Man did we fail hard.

Dave

Dave

An administrator or the event organizer has deleted this event from the system.

This thread has now been automatically locked.