Export thread

Marking Threads as read, etc.

Dave

Dave

I think I may have fixed this. I finally found the place that talks about it. Here are the choices:

vBulletin said:
This option controls how threads and forums are marked as read.
  1. Inactivity/Cookie Based - once a user has been inactive for a certain amount of time (the value of the session timeout option) all threads and forums are considered read. Individual threads are marked as read within a session via cookies.

This option is how all versions of vBulletin before 3.5 functioned.
  2. Database (no automatic forum marking) - this option uses the database to store thread and forum read times. This allows accurate read markers to be kept indefinitely. However, in order for a forum to be marked read when all threads are read, the user must view the list of threads for that forum.

This option is more space and processor intensive than inactivity-based marking.
  3. Database (automatic forum marking) - this option is the same as a previous option, but forums are automatically marked as read when the last new thread is read.

This is the most usable option for end users, but most processor intensive.
I changed this to option #3 and think it's what we are looking for. Let me know if this does the trick.

Dave

Dave

As to post counts...well, they have to stay. To get rid of post counts there are two ways to get rid of them.

1) In each individual there is a checkbox that will get rid of the postcounts.

2) I would have to edit the style templates, which I refuse to do.

So...it looks like even though I don't like them, unless I find a mod for it the postcounts are going to stay.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

It looks like the jump to last read post thing is working now.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

It looks like the jump to last read post thing is working now.
Huh? :confused:

GasBandit

GasBandit

I've just been using the "new posts" link in the top toolbar, middle-clicking stuff I'm interested in to open them in new tabs, and then going to quick links -> mark forums read. Works pretty well for me.