[Announcement] Mathias

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not gloating about anything. After all the abuse me and others took because we thought the forum was turning into a hostile cesspool (get a sense of humor! you are too thin skinned etc etc etc) I merely find it funny that now that things are the other way around the opposite side is acting the same way we were and it is supposed to be ok. I believe it is a taste of your own medicine kind of thing.
So what you're saying is, if people want it to be like it was, many forumites should act like Chaz?

assimilate not assassinate...

although I'd look badass in a white suit with a tommy gun.

Not really white isn't my color.
That was Kirk reacting to assimilation.

Also, I saw mention of "QP paternity" and what what what the fuck what

don't you guys have like, jobs, or something, during the day? Five pages since I left for school. five pages
I know, right? It was 9 for me.

don't you guys have like, jobs, or something, during the day? Five pages since I left for school. five pages
I had this exact same reaction. While I was out expanding the minds of our future leaders (lol) I didn't give this drama a single thought. I come back, see some alerts, and OH MY GOD THE THREAD IS EXPANDING OUT OF CONTROL. Bravo, Halforums. Bravo.

I'm on vacation and getting ready to Shannow it up for a while. Gonna be wandering the Earth, only my car at my side at the wind in my nose.

Decided to come back to this thread just because even when you're not watching a thread, apparently you get alerts when someone quotes you in that thread still, and so I wanted to see what SJ had to say:

I think you misunderstood my meaning. Basically I agree with your assessment of the situation 100%. I don't think his attitude towards NR was justified, nor do I hold any grudge towards NR for his decision. At the end of the day, when you are given a warning about something and you continue to do that thing, it's nobody's fault but your own.

All I was saying is that generally I liked having Chaz around, and although I perfectly well understand the reasons for his banning, I wish it hadn't come to that.
Wow, there's a lot of pages to read and it's way past my bed time, but I just wanted to say I just quoted a part of your post that was useful to express what I think of all this situation, not that I was trying to answer to what, implicitly, must be the opposite opinion to mine. I feel like you about all this situation.

He might've said Kirk instead of Picard, but that's because, deep down, everyone wants to be Kirk. Do not put this man on trial for only thinking what any decent man would think. From this day forward, let ANY man use the name Kirk to represent any other man.

Thank you and goodnight.

He might've said Kirk instead of Picard, but that's because, deep down, everyone wants to be Kirk. Do not put this man on trial for only thinking what any decent man would think. From this day forward, let ANY man use the name Kirk to represent any other man.

Thank you and goodnight.
Even zorro wants to be kirk!

North_Ranger

Staff member
Hmmm... Let's see now, a gentleman and a scholar with a British accent. Or a braggart womanizer who either punched, shtupped or punched and shtupped everything that moved and probably had about twenty different kinds of space clap in the end?

I'll take the Picard option, thank you very much.

Thank you and goodnight.
Actually, that's the worst part. I prefer Picard.

:(

Hmmm... Let's see now, a gentleman and a scholar with a British accent. Or a braggart womanizer who either punched, shtupped or punched and shtupped everything that moved and probably had about twenty different kinds of space clap in the end?

I'll take the Picard option, thank you very much.
When Patrick Stewart was given some creative control during the making of the movies, Picard became a machine gunnin', lady's mannin', truck drivin' bad ass. Patrick Stewart wanted Picard to be more like Kirk. ERGO You choosing Picard over Kirk is still a choice for Kirk.

North_Ranger

Staff member
When Patrick Stewart was given some creative control during the making of the movies, Picard became a machine gunnin', lady's mannin', truck drivin' bad ass. Patrick Stewart wanted Picard to be more like Kirk. ERGO You choosing Picard over Kirk is still a choice for Kirk.
That only means Picard grew from a scholar to a true Renaissance man. While Kirk grew from a pajama-wearing brute to a sweaty, stuttering lummox.

I therefore dismiss your claim and repeat my statement of Picard's superiority in my personal ranking list of Starfleet officers.

M

makare

I prefer Picard myself. Mostly for the love of Shakespeare and his intellectual insight.

fade

Staff member
How can people complain that the Mathias thing has been blown out of proportion because the Mathias thread has expanded rapidly, when the thread hasn't actually been about Mathias for like 10 pages?

So if Picard does it, he's being a renaissance man, if Kirk does it, he's a brutish, sweaty lummox?

Anti-American, Eurocentric xenophobia at it's finest.

M

makare

My theory is when they got to the tree sex they were so upset that their mind compensated by just playing the same first two pages over and over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.