[Movies] MCU: Phase 3 And Beyond

I take back the negativity in my post. I see now that NBC was not punishing Canadians by witholding that sketch. They were protecting us.

I found the video mildly amusing, but I was more interested in why there was so much laughter from the studio audience. Is it really that funny to them? Or perhaps that's a laugh track?

I'll wait until Marvel confirms it. Benedict Cumberbatch has already denied it before, and that article cites Deadline as its source. The associated Deadline article doesn't even bother to cite a source. It literally just says "I'm hearing[...]"

online entertainment reporting is quick to report rumours as fact, even the more reputable sources. so I'm waiting for the studio themselves to make it official.

Last edited:
Updated release schedule from the press conference:
Captain America: Civil War -- May 6, 2016
Doctor Strange -- November 4, 2016
GotG 2 -- May 5, 2017
Thor: Ragnarok -- July 28, 2017
Black Panther -- November 3, 2017
Captain Marvel -- July 6, 2018
The Inhumans -- November 2, 2018
Avengers: Infinity War (part 1) -- May 4, 2018
Avengers: Infinity War (part 2) -- May 3, 2019

Chadwick Boseman announced as Black Panther.

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
Civil War?!? Man, if it's half of what's in the comics I'm down. Doubt it will be though. No Spidey reveal, no robot Thor, etc.

Civil War?!? Man, if it's half of what's in the comics I'm down. Doubt it will be though. No Spidey reveal, no robot Thor, etc.
Yeah, it sounds like it'll be a lot smaller scale.

Also, Black Panther and Captain Marvel, fuck yeah Marvel. Fuck yeah.

Chadwick Boseman has gotten every single role for a young black man in Hollywood in the last 2-3 years with absolutely no clue how to stand in a spot and say words convincingly, but it's a good thing he's in the MCU where it doesn't really matter.

alternate joke: he's probably going to have a hard time with a performance that isn't rooted in a bad impression

Are you saying that because you think all black men look alike? Because looking at his IMDB profile, it's mostly TV work and a bunch of movies I've never heard of.

(You might be thinking of Michael B Jordan who has gotten every single role for a young black man for the past several years)

Holy crap, a young black guy playing famous black guys in their youth..Excluding of course

Ray Charles
Hank Aaron
Muhammed Ali
Wilt Chamberlain
Michael Jordan
Martin luthor King Jr
Malcolm X
Emmett Till
Bill Cosby
James Earl Jones
Spike Lee
Richard Pryor
Booker T Washington
Jesse Jackson
Louis Armstrong
Jimi Hendrix
Stevie Wonder

Etc.

I have no clue what you're getting at, let me try again: he's a bad actor, he was bad in those two back to back high-profile bad movies.

Also I know who Michael B. Jordon is since The Wire 10 years ago, he rules and I like p much every movie he's in

also 2: Boseman isn't even young, he'll be 40 by the time his (first) movie comes out

Black Panther AND Captain Marvel solo movies? *pre-emptively slaps money down* Sold!

Also, that Panther design - if it's the one that's definitely being used - is the bees knees. It has a distinct, almost African design in the patterning but still retains Panther's iconic look. I'm in.

Interesting that they're splitting up Infinity War, but I think that's a good call.

Also, has anyone heard from @Bowielee since the news broke? Or is he in an Infinity Gauntlet coma? :p[DOUBLEPOST=1414534496,1414534394][/DOUBLEPOST]And I just realized the lack of a new Hulk solo movie. That makes me sad. :(