Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rubicon

Lessee....:

-Planet Earth dvd box set
-Justice League/Justice League Unlimited box set
-Phantom of the Opera
-Jim Henson Collection (Labyrinth, Mirrormask and Dark Crystal)
-Dante's Divine Comedy
-Death of Superman
-The DC Encyclopedia
-Fahrenheit 451
-winter coat
-clothing
-movie passes
-spa gift cert
-a steam cleaner
-bake wear
-clothing and general beauty supplies

It was a good take. :p
minus the girly stuff thats quite a haul! lol

insanely jealous of the JLU sets you've got, been meaning to pick those up, that was a damn good series

For my family members and I agreeing not to go overboard on each other, I was surprised this year. So far (still gotta meet up with a couple buddies of mine):

-A nice fleece long-sleeved shirt
-Cash
-Iron Man DVD
-8 piece cookingware set for camping (pots, skillet, etc)
-Propane lantern
-Socks and boxers (one can never have too many)
-Awesome looking fleece-lined thick sweatshirt
-Thermal shirts/leggings
-$45 AmEx gift card
-Tickets to go see one of my favorite bands, Devildriver, and 3 games off Steam (Evil Genius, Indigo Prophecy, and X-Com: UFO Defense Force (technically don't count, since I bought them, but I used the money I was given).

I was particularly stoked about the gift exchange with the girlfriend. We've been dating eight months, and we both managed to get each other awesome gifts.

I got her:
-A shirt with a blue-footed boobie that reads, "Screw mammalian courtship: I wanna do funny dances!" (she's an integrative biology major)
-"How to Read a French Fry," a cookbook about the science of cooking (with some good recipes). Also, she is passionately addicted to french fries.
-A promise that I will cook her any two meals that she so desires, paying for anything necessary for them. Or, after a joke from my mom, I amended it to include restaurant meals (she's been wanting to go to the Red Robin's endless french fries dinner).
-Ghostbusters 1 & 2 on DVD (she has NEVER seen these movies. I intend to fix that.)

She got me:
-A GiantMicrobes stuffed brain cell (I have named him Snappy)
-Kung Fu Panda DVD
-A sandwich cutter that will cut any sandwich into the shape of two brontosauruses.
-The complete "Cosmos" series by Carl Sagan, and the collector's edition to boot. I was ECSTATIC, but wasn't able to fully enjoy it until she assured me she'd gotten a killer deal on it, because it normally sells for like $80+...

I got nothing because we were completely broke this year. :) Only reason I was able to buy her gifts was because I had secretly been hiding little bits of money throughout the year.

fade

Staff member
I got clothes and a lot of booze from my wife. Wonder what that means. My MIL gave me coffee. I was kind of disappointed because she usually gives good gifts (I know--that's greedy and stupid). Until I opened the coffee and found a wad of cash inside (it was a box of smaller coffees; she didn't shove germy bills in the grounds). My parents got us nothing as usual. Which I don't care about anymore, except that my sisters kids get something and mine don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.