[Other] Merry Halforums Christmas!

This was probably the best Christmas I've had in my life. Ones when I lived at my mom's house ranged from stressful to hellish because she puts too much emphasis on getting everything "right", so I don't go back there anymore. The last five years, my wife and I spend it with my aunts and their twin children, who really make the holiday. It doesn't feel like it has as much point for me if there aren't kids around and if my wife and I are alone next year since they're all moving across the country, we'll probably celebrate on our religious day instead of theirs.

But as a possible last, it was great. Christmas Eve we had grilled chicken, watched Muppet Christmas Carol, and after the kids and my wife went to bed, I stayed up with my aunts setting up Santa's gifts and hiding Santa's scavenger hunt clues. The kids were excited in the morning, as I expected, but what was really great were the odd moments where they would get something so unexpected that they'd be stunned speechless. The rest of the day was spent cooking and playing their new board games until the late evening when we had to go home.

I don't know what I'm gonna do next year when they're living in Arizona, but I cherish the time I had with them this winter.