[NHL] MetroHockey Division (and the rest of the league)

Just remember that this round it is team games and OT that need to be picked. Get all three right and you get bonus points.

Blackhawks in 6 with 1 OT if it's over the Kings; 7 with 2 if it's the Ducks.

Rangers in 7, 2 OT's.

Last edited:
Pens presser at 11:30. TSN reporting it's to announce firings of coach Bylsma and GM Shero. Local outlets say they've heard no such thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

B

BErt

Yeah unfortunately I agree it probably doesn't matter who comes out of California.

Hawks in 6; 2OT
Habs in 7; 3OT

Just to be clear, I had CHI in 6 with 1 OT, not 2 (I haven't edited the post, still says it up near top of page).

Sorry Jim, but that's bullshit.

The real culprit is the modern tendency for players to go down with the slightest tap and make no effort to stop themselves if it works to their advantage to run into someone or something. You're responsible for your own trajectory and most importantly you're responsible for not going SKATES FIRST into the goalie.

And that's that.

There's no more comment to be had with a Leaf fan, they don't understand common sense. Much like Republicans and Climate Change.

He missed because he missed, thus why he's a 4th line plugger. The slight tap is simply a convenient excuse to go skates first into the goalie who couldn't defend himself. People can claim all they want that he was trying to score but at NO POINT AND TIME did he slow down before he got into the crease. Trip or not Price was going to get bowled over.

You're just happy that the Habs, who have played more hockey in THIS OFF-SEASON ALONE than the Leafs had collectively in over 15 years, are now without their #1 goalie.

Last edited:
You're just happy that the Habs, who have played more hockey in THIS OFF-SEASON ALONE than the Leafs had collectively in over 15 years, are now without their #1 goalie.
I am more than capable of voicing my own opinions.

Am I sad that Price is hurt? Yes, I don't like seeing talented players get hurt.
Do I care if the Habs play more play off games than the Leafs? No, if you judge based upon others accomplishments and not your own you will never live up to your true potential.

Do you honestly think that a player would rather fall into the goalie than score a goal?
Can you see from the slow motion zoom in that Emelins stick hits Kreiders foot just as he puts back on the ice?
Do you see Kreider ever recover his footing?

He missed because he missed, thus why he's a 4th line plugger.
17 goals, 37 points in the regular season. 2 goals, 5 points in 6 playoff games. He may not be an allstar, but he's not a 4th line replacement-level player. Also curious how he's supposed to slow down - is that before he takes his shot to let the D catch him, or after his foot is cut out from under him and he's trying to stay up on one leg to get a shot?

It sucks that Price is hurt, but suggesting that it was intentional is pretty absurd, and making it personal because someone else cheers for a different team is laughable.

No Price = No chance Habs win this series. I'd almost wish I could change my prediction to Rags in 5 with no OT.