Minnesota Twins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
I know I'll probably be the only one to post in this thread except to make fun of them, but....

GO TWINS!!

Or if not GO TWINS, then DIE WHITE SOX!

Both, preferably.

/de-lurks

Big Twins fan here. Went to the Home Opener last Monday in the new ballpark, it was great. Great park, looking forward to seeing a lot of games there.

Dave

Staff member
WHOO-HOO!!! I'm not alone!

How's the new stadium look? Think it'll be too big a pain in the ass come fall when it turns cold?

WHOO-HOO!!! I'm not alone!

How's the new stadium look? Think it'll be too big a pain in the ass come fall when it turns cold?

Oh man, the new stadium is amazing. They really did a top-notch job with it. I've been to 3 games so far, the first two against the Red Sox and last night's game against the Indians, and have sat in three different areas and all of them have been great. No obstructions, good view of the action. Definetely can't say the same about the Metrodome, lot of bad seats there.

As for the cold, i'll think we'll manage. Average Temp around here at that point is upper 40s, low 50s, so chilly, but not as bad as it could be.

Congrats on the new stadium and your signing of Mauer.

I for one am welcoming the Twins as one of the top 5 teams in the AL.

Dave

Staff member
They are the Twins arch rivals. Each season they have more trouble with the Sox than any other team. The fact that right now the Sox sux is like sweet, sweet nectar for my soul.

Guess I always figured Twins and Tigers rivals. The White Sox are built for Ozzie-ball this year, which means no power, scrappy grinder ball. Of course, nobody can get on base to be scrappy, so it's working out like gangbusters so far.

I know it's early in the season but they are looking quite good right now.
Yeah, I can't remember them having a better start recently than this year. 4 series victories in a row, going for 5 tonight to start the season? Can't start much better than that.

Dave

Staff member
Last year the Tigers and Twins battled it out for first place.

Actually if you look at win/loss the Twins should hate Toronto more than anyone. In the last 2 years the Twins are 3-11 against them.

A couple years back a buddy and I took a road trip to see the Buccos play the Cubs at Wrigley. As we made our way to the train station afterwards, the chant "WHITE SOX SUCK!" arose from the crowd. Naturally we joined in. Even though we were fully decked out in Pirates gear, we were instantly accepted by the rest. :laugh:

K

Kitty Sinatra

:cry:

Not that Toronto did anything approaching "well" last year with Halladay.
Other than clobbering the Twins, that is. :smug:

Yeah, unfortunately the last few years the AL East is essentially a two-horse race: Boston or New York. Baltimore seems to be fighting Tampa Bay for who can stay in last place the longest.

B

BErt

Tigers won tonight...2.5 back with 3 against Minnesota starting tomorrow. Twinkies are going down, Dave!

...Assuming we can get one of our starting pitchers to actually win a game I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.