Monk-ing around with Diablo 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, anyone that was at Blizzcon played the new class?! How does it feel etc?! (Monk's have been my fav D&D class ever since NWN... and i might play them before the Wizard, which as the Sorc was my fav D2 class).

The monk is all about quick attacks and combos. You can chain a few moves together for various effects, like applying a damage over time effect to some of the more hardy enemies after attacking with quick strikes. The biggest downside is they are just as "squishy" as a Wizard, so you have to be very careful when running into large groups, I learned this the hard way.

Personally, my favorite class was always the Necromancer and the Amazon, but since the Witchdoctor gives me a lukewarm feeling, I am waiting out for the final class reveal, which will most likely be very Amazon-esque since we have yet to get a bow/spear throwing type of class. The monk semi-covers the paladin role, so we won't be getting another mostly melee class.

G

Gill Kaiser

I'm calling the fifth class as a crossbow-wielding Inquisitor or Van Helsing-style Witchhunter, complete with holy water and anti-demon blessings/maledictions.

I'd prefer a ranged/shifter combo... maybe a Ranger that can half-shift into a faster form that can still use weapons. He could also have traps on him... (just though of this, it so fits a ranger). So Ranged Tree, Shift Tree and Traps Tree...

@ScytheRexx

I was thinking more along the lines of how it felt, the mechanics are all over the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.