Export thread

NCAA Bowl Pool

Dave

Dave

Okay, not really that much of a contest. You can't really win anything...except the ability to give me a really embarrassing team name in next year's Fantasy Football League. And by that I mean MY fantasy football league, not the Halforums one.

Here's the rules. Go here and fill out a bracket. You can't really do it yet because the bowl teams haven't been picked yet. But once they do you can choose who YOU think is going to win.

Here's the kicker. You give the games a rating from 1 to 35 - 1 being not sure at all and 35 being almost positive. If you are right you get that amount of points. Person with the most points wins. If you win you get to choose my team's name next year. No matter what it is.

Games start December 18. You have to set it up by then. I'll be bumping this when it gets closer to the Bowl Selection day.

Dave

Dave

College Bowl Pickem

The games are now set and ready for your picks! Now, some of those you will see on that page are from my fantasy football league so you'll have some competition. I'll add a little something extra for you guys, though. As long as it's SFW if someone here wins it you can choose my avatar for a month!

Come guess the winners and have fun!

Krisken

Krisken

All I know is some Badgers are going to make some Horned Frogs wish they stayed home.

Dave

Dave

How in the FUCK did Penn State get a January 1 bowl game?!?

Piotyr

Piotyr

I have entered picks. For pride.

General Specific

General Specific

Ah what the hell, I'm in.

Dave

Dave

That's what I love - the excitement and enthusiasm of the participants. :whistling:

Piotyr

Piotyr

Well, things don't exactly get exciting until almost January. I mean, the Beef O' Brady Bowl is sure to be thrilling, as will Nebraska's attempt to beat Washington...again, but the real fun games are New Years Day and later (except those games between crappy teams they toss in there for publicity).

General Specific

General Specific

That's what I love - the excitement and enthusiasm of the participants. :whistling:

General Specific

General Specific

Hey, look at that! I am second....

....to last.

But only 2 games in so far, we shall see.

Dave

Dave

You suck! Who could possibly be worse than next to last?!?

Oh wait.

Shit.

BErt

Oof. I had 29 points on Fresno. Way to get destroyed by a MAC team that just lost their coach, Bulldogs. Fantastic effort.

General Specific

General Specific

Wow, this is really reminding me to never ever bet real money on sports.

Dave

Dave

I don't know. I think it's okay.

Dave

Dave

All I know is some Badgers are going to make some Horned Frogs wish they stayed home.
What was that again?

And hey! Look who's winning the Bowl Pool!

Krisken

Krisken

Yeah, that was disappointing!

From what I've heard, the Big 10 haven't had any luck in the bowl games this year.

Dave

Dave

From what I've heard, the Big 10 haven't had any luck in the bowl games this year.
As an Iowa fan, I dispute this statement.

Dave

Dave

What shall I name my team next year? Because I am gonna win this shit. I'm starting to run away with it.

Krisken

Krisken

As an Iowa fan, I dispute this statement.
1 in 5 is some lousy luck. :p

Dave

Dave

1 in 5 is some lousy luck. :p
Illinois also won. But that pales before the fact that Iowa won. That's all that matters.

Piotyr

Piotyr

I can still win if I get the last 7 games all right...

General Specific

General Specific

I haven't done the math, but I'm pretty sure that I can still win if I build a time machine and go back to select all the winners.

Dave

Dave

I can still win if I get the last 7 games all right...
If all your picks come in you'll have 433 points.

Since we have some of the same teams, I'd end up with 445. It's going to be hard for me to lose if at all.

Piotyr

Piotyr

If all your picks come in you'll have 433 points.

Since we have some of the same teams, I'd end up with 445. It's going to be hard for me to lose if at all.
Actually, if Arkansas wins tonight, and then all the rest of my games come through, I'll have 412 and you'll have 411.

Dave

Dave

Actually, if Arkansas wins tonight, and then all the rest of my games come through, I'll have 412 and you'll have 411.
You're right! I was adding in Ohio State as a win as I thought you'd have to sweep. Ain't gonna happen, though. Too many if's.