blotsfan

blotsfan

HopesDeleted.mp4

Dave

Dave

Meh. Iowa won. So everything is fine.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

All I saw was the score, but it appears WVU had their hands full with James Madison. Top of the heap of FCS, but FCS all the same.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

@blotsfan besides being at home, how the hell are you guys 13 point favorites on Saturday?

blotsfan

blotsfan

@blotsfan besides being at home, how the hell are you guys 13 point favorites on Saturday?
34954CFC-3125-4A84-A1D2-080B3FD24E96.gif

General Specific

General Specific

My Gamecocks lost to UNC in their opening weekend. So I have already stopped caring about the season.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

@blotsfan here are your hopes back. I won't be needing them.

blotsfan

blotsfan

It ain't over.

blotsfan

blotsfan

That was a good half.

blotsfan

blotsfan

So uhhh....West Virginia is...not good.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

So uhhh....West Virginia is...not good.
The cupboard isn't just bare, it's dust. Brown is having to completely start over because Dana didn't leave him anything to work with.

A coworker was predicting 10 wins before the start of the season. Um... about that.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Were not as bad as losing to Wyoming indicated but we shouldn't be destroying a non-kansas P5 team like that either. I hope they give your coach a long leash.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Final score from Perkins Stadium: Warhawks 42, Dubuque 7.

EDIT: Oh, and those other guys at Camp Randall won, 61-0, too.

Dave

Dave

Iowa 30, Rutgers 0.

Colorado 34, Nebraska 31.

I'm loving it.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Overheard in Morgantown. NC State band are our new best friends...

Sources close to the band say they knew exactly what they were doing. :rofl:

jwhouk

jwhouk

UWW holds on in a tight one, 20-10 over Concordia Moorhead.

blotsfan

blotsfan

We can't beat a G5 team but FCS is no problem.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

OU has started off strong against some really weak teams. We'll see if they can handle Clemson or bama again.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Undefeated in non-conference play. Now, to ask that eternal question that has plagued millions:

What the F### is a "Blugold"?

BErt

BErt

I can’t wait to see what Michigan looks like next week after their double bye week

jwhouk

jwhouk

I can’t wait to see what Michigan looks like next week after their double bye week
Heeheeeheeeeheeeeeeeeee.......:troll:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Insanity in Pullman tonight. And it's still not over.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Pac 12 After Dark goes full Pac 12 After Dark.

Dave

Dave

Are you kidding me?!? I stopped watching at 49-17 after WSU scored their second TD in the second half. Holy sheepdip.

jwhouk

jwhouk

...Wait, was that a football game or a basketball game that WaSU and UCLA played last night?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Bye week for the Warhawks. Bucky played okay against N'Western, enough to get the win.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Hawks win WIAC opener over UWEC, 24-14 at Perkins.

jwhouk

jwhouk

We still hold the axe.

No, not that one. The Miner's Axe. 21-14 over Platteville.

I suspect we will probably stay at #3 in D3, but UMHB might drop a bit in the polls. (Insert "used Subaru for sale" joke here.)

General Specific

General Specific

How the hell did South Carolina beat Georgia? I've looked at the box score and all the missed field goals and such, it just doesn't make sense.

blotsfan

blotsfan

General Specific

General Specific

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

OU beat Texas. My season is complete.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

The number of bowl games is Too Damn High!

Oops...

jwhouk

jwhouk

Seven and oh, baby. River Falls drops to the Big Purple Machine, 49-28, up at UWRF.

UWW is now 4-0 in the WIAC, but have three other teams at 3-1 behind them in the standings. UW-Platteville is the only one-loss team among them - but their lone loss was at the hands of the Warhawks two weeks ago, 21-14.

BErt

BErt

*clears throat*

TO HELL WITH NOTRE DAME!!!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Tonight's game at Titan Stadium... er, Keller Field in Oshkosh will be essentially for the WIAC title. A win by the Warhawks (9-0 overall) would mean the undisputed WIAC Championship - and another undefeated season for Whitewater in D3 Football. The Titans (7-2 overall) would get a tie for the WIAC crown should they beat UWW. It is likely that the Titans are playing for a spot in the D3 Football Tournament, though no other WIAC team has managed to make the Top 25 of the D3football.com polls since season's start.

jwhouk

jwhouk

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

FINAL: Oshkosh 27, Whitewater 20.

Dave

Dave

Final: Iowa 23, Minnesota 19

The previously undefeated and #8 team in the country Minnesota.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Tua with a dislocated/fractured hip. Shades of Bo Jackson, anyone?

Dave

Dave

Tua with a dislocated/fractured hip. Shades of Bo Jackson, anyone?
The coach was a fucking moron. Well, so is Tua. Coach was pulling him and Tua argued to stay in. The coach let him. You’re the coach.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Alabama out of the playoff picture for good now.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Bucky keeps the axe, and advances on to play TOSU for the Big Ten title.

And UWW wins 41-28 over Wartburg to advance to the D3 Quarterfinals... against Mary Hardin-Baylor. The team that knocked us out of the playoffs last year.

Oh, other news: Mount Union LOST. So we won't be seeing their purple buttocks anytime soon.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I see what you're doing, @jwhouk. Stop it. We don't need Georgia or, God forbid, Alabama back in the CFP discussion.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Who're you kidding? I'd want Bucky to be in the CFBP before Tide.

Oh, and in important news: U-Dub-Dub beat the defending champion Mary Hardin Baylor to advance to the D3 semis against St. John's of Minnesota.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Who're you kidding? I'd want Bucky to be in the CFBP before Tide.

Oh, and in important news: U-Dub-Dub beat the defending champiome Mary Hardin Baylor to advance to the D3 semis against St. John's of Minnesota.
The best they would've gotten was a confirmed trip to Pasadena. Now they need to wait for their resume to be compared to the likes of PSU.

General Specific

General Specific

LSU, Clemson, Oklahoma, & Ohio State

I hope someone other than Clemson wins it this year. I have way too many Tiger fans around me at work/life in general to suffer through another year of championship celebrations.

That being said, my prediction is LSU vs Clemson for the title, with LSU winning it.

jwhouk

jwhouk

STAGG BOWL, BABY!

UW-W punches their ticket to Stagg Bowl 47 with a 35-32 thriller over St. John's at Perkins Stadium.

The Warhawks now have a date with the North Central College Cardinals at Shenandoah, Texas. This'll be the third meeting for these two teams - the Warhawks won both of their previous games by scores of 59-28 (in 2007 at home) and 20-10 (in 2010 at North Central).

Game is Friday December 20 at 7 PM CST.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Aw sorry bud.Just saw the score.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Crud.

On a positive note, this is the 10th one we've been to, and we're 6-4 in the games.

Dave

Dave

Some notes about Iowa’s season.

Allowed no team to score more than 24 points in a game.

Lost 3 games by a total of 14 points.

Only losses were to ranked conference opponents.

Solid season.

jwhouk

jwhouk

In the other Bowl game to be played in Phoenix this weekend, USAFA defeated WaSU, 31-21.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

An insurance company beat a bank?

jwhouk

jwhouk

...That probably would have been a better game than what happened in the Peach Bowl.

jwhouk

jwhouk

...I'm having one of "those" days in sports fandom.

You know, when your team fails on the national stage when everyone is watching, and gives you just enough hope to make you think they can win...

...but they don't.

Dave

Dave

Nope. I have no idea what you are talking about.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Dallas Stars 4, Nashville Predators 2.

Oregon Ducks 28, Wisconsin Badgers 27.

Dave

Dave

Oh I know. I watched.

But Iowa kicked ass.

I still have the Cowboys for that uncomfortable feeling, though.

General Specific

General Specific

That being said, my prediction is LSU vs Clemson for the title, with LSU winning it.
Huh, how about that

jwhouk

jwhouk

Bravo, sir.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Reporter: What have you done in the wake of the death of George Floyd?

FSU PR flack: answers.

FSU *player*: Say WHAT!?

blotsfan

blotsfan

People think theres a real chance Norvell loses the job before he even starts.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Don't want to leave college football out of today's news, do we?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

No Ivy League sports until at least January.

Gared

Gared

PAC12 CEOs have determined that there will be no non-conference games for football (and several other sports) this fall, and that mandatory reporting dates for athletics will be postponed until several key indicators, which have recently been trending up, are back to trending down. This is expected to have ripple effects across the NCAA.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Local paper's headline Thursday was the Ivy League decision meant nothing to WVU sports. That didn't age well.

blotsfan

blotsfan

@jwhouk NCAA D3 fall championships are cancelled.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I knew that. :(

jwhouk

jwhouk

And there went the other shoe: Big Ten to cancel football season for 2020.

BErt

BErt

:eek:

blotsfan

blotsfan

Big 10 and PAC 12 have thrown in the towel.

BErt

BErt

F9E69810-7C73-431E-AF0A-0E76CC3DA665.jpeg

PatrThom

PatrThom

“Rare”

—Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

Except when it comes to playing football.

First time since the 19th Century that Wisconsin will not host football.

GasBandit

GasBandit

1597378201640.png

jwhouk

jwhouk

I suspect that this is the reason why many of the schools within the Big 10 voted to cancel the season.

Dave

Dave

I suspect that this is the reason why many of the schools within the Big 10 voted to cancel the season.
I read something about how they did it to stop players from forming a union and upsetting the whole "amateurism" thing. A bunch of players in Michigan were banding together to protest unsafe working & playing conditions and would have needed to be classified as employees - which there is legal precedence for - which would upset the applecart of profiting off of the players' names and likenesses. This came out less than 5 days after the Big 10 released their revised schedule, and caused the Big 10 to completely change course.

I'll see if I can find the article. I think it was in the LA Times.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

The Southland Conference postponed the season until at least the spring. So Division I FCS is likely done too.

jwhouk

jwhouk

It'd be really funny if the reason why college football died was because of the threat of union organization and not because of COVID.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Fuck you Central Arkansas. Austin Peay runs shit!

BErt

BErt

PatrThom

PatrThom

If anybody DOES get injured by lightning, will it still count if they don’t report it? Also how will we know they didn’t jump in a bathtub with a toaster earlier in the day?

—Patrick

BErt

BErt

If anybody DOES get injured by lightning, will it still count if they don’t report it? Also how will we know they didn’t jump in a bathtub with a toaster earlier in the day?

—Patrick
05F75F24-DE9F-4866-B29B-ADB6F1A0AC82.jpeg

BErt

BErt

0D9C65CF-CD31-4482-A5FB-C4AB9AB575FF.jpeg
but sure, let’s keep vilifying those “Democrat Governors” in the midwest because The Big Ten decided to postpone, even though it was the collective decision of the school presidents. Yeah, totally a political reason and not because everyone could see this coming. Its just gonna get worse, i hope the ESS EE SEE fans enjoy the maybe 4 games theyre gonna get through before everything gets cancelled. :mad:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

because The Big Ten decided to postpone
Word is they're reconsidering that decision. Another word is they saw other schools making money by playing and want their cut.

BErt

BErt

Word is they're reconsidering that decision. Another word is they saw other schools making money by playing and want their cut.
Yeah ive heard both of those things and i believe it. Im not under any delusion that the B1G school presidents actually care about student athletes health - i mean i think all of them have at least partially in-house classes. They wanted to get out ahead of what they assumed was going to be every conference following suit and it bit them in the ass.

...it would really be hilarious if they cancelled when other teams didnt, they see other teams getting revenue, they cast an emergency vote to start up in October, and then all the other conferences shut down anyway because of too many positive tests:rolleyes:

BErt

BErt

Rough first week for the Big XII
781D77AF-9E88-4C8D-88DA-19C4B15480DE.jpeg

blotsfan

blotsfan

Mizzou is still two weeks from playing so I'll just have to take satisfaction in kU getting fucked up.

BErt

BErt

WELP

jwhouk

jwhouk

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

oh, and :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

BErt

BErt

blotsfan

blotsfan

Oh boy, Mizzou finally plays tonight!

looks at schedule

BErt

BErt

Mike Leach just Mike Leached all over the SEC - beats LSU one week then the next weeks gives Arkansas their first conference win in 3 years

BErt

BErt

BErt

BErt

How is this:
1) a football score
2) an SEC football score
3) an SEC football score that Mike Leach coached the losing team in
BC7A3F8A-6293-4F65-B72B-BDA0B65118D1.jpeg

jwhouk

jwhouk

Kentucky must have given up a safety on a 4th down punt there in the 3rd.

BErt

BErt

Kentucky must have given up a safety on a 4th down punt there in the 3rd.
it’s even funnier:

PatrThom

PatrThom

So technically Kentucky scored all the points in that game, even the ones credited to the other team.

--Patrick

blotsfan

blotsfan

That was a fun game yesterday. Feels like we haven't won a close one like that in years.

BErt

BErt

How’s the Big Ten season going after one week you ask?

Dave

Dave

Dumb fucks.

A coworker from my team and his wife were diagnosed with Covid. He was diagnosed Monday. And he's in a band that played last Friday at a packed bar. He REALLY didn't want to play it but he needed the money so bad he went ahead with it. He's regretting the decision and my guess is the bar will as well.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Welp, so much for this season.

BErt

BErt

jwhouk

jwhouk

But where does UNLV come in all of this?

BErt

BErt

Cool season y’all got there, SEC
517D5CA7-678E-45F2-A5C2-34B09CEC7654.jpeg

BErt

BErt

Welcome to Texas, home of the New Mexico Bowl

GasBandit

GasBandit

Welcome to Texas, home of the New Mexico Bowl
We apparently are the Tijuana of ducking COVID restrictions.

BErt

BErt

I wish I could bet on Michigan “getting COVID” before Dec 12 and keeping OSU out of the B1G championship game

PatrThom

PatrThom

I wish I could bet on Michigan “getting COVID”
Vegas odds-makers are refusing to even make book on that, though there is some argument about the "when."

--Patrick

blotsfan

blotsfan

Vanderbilt is going to have the first woman to dress for a Power 5 football game tomorrow. There is a very real chance she will actually be their starting kicker, as they've had some covid issues.

Unfortunately, as they are playing Mizzou I can only wish that she doesn't actually get a chance to kick a field goal or extra point throughout the game.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Ooo does this mean we might finally get a "Welcome to football!" moment?

--Patrick

BErt

BErt

This is just completely unacceptable during a pandemic! Oregon State fans rush the field after defeating rival Oregon:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Minus a point for not trying to tear down the goalpost. :rofl:

blotsfan

blotsfan

@jwhouk UB fans are really mad at your boy right now. Pulled the running back when he was super close to the NCAA single game rushing yards and tds record.

BErt

BErt

@jwhouk UB fans are really mad at your boy right now. Pulled the running back when he was super close to the NCAA single game rushing yards and tds record.
yeah on a drive they scored a rushing td two plays later that would have given him both records. Even the announcers were vocally upset lol
Post automatically merged:

Sigh39BB47C3-9DAE-4052-972E-73DF3FC57AD8.jpeg

blotsfan

blotsfan

Unfortunately, as they are playing Mizzou I can only wish that she doesn't actually get a chance to kick a field goal or extra point throughout the game.
Welp.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Yeup. Didn't kick a single field goal.

BErt

BErt

How many minutes do I expect I’ll make it into the UM/OSU game before turning it off in disgust?
B3CC098D-A469-4214-B9ED-290C366AC9D4.jpeg

blotsfan

blotsfan

How many minutes do I expect I’ll make it into the UM/OSU game before turning it off in disgust?
View attachment 36406
Not this year.

BErt

BErt

Agree

jwhouk

jwhouk

Can't argue with that.

Good God, could you imagine CC beating Bama, then beating Notre Dame in the championship?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Ohio State would've made the Conference Championship game if they lost to Michigan, which means cancelling the game shouldn't keep them from playing in it.

BErt

BErt

Ohio State would've made the Conference Championship game if they lost to Michigan, which means cancelling the game shouldn't keep them from playing in it.
dont worry the B1G is already in motion to change their already arbitrary rules about this jank ass season.

Dave

Dave

Well, we all knew it was going to happen even though it's total bullshit. You think they'd have done this if it were any other team?

blotsfan

blotsfan

It's the right move.

Dave

Dave

I disagree. I think it's an absolutely terrible choice. Does it mean that the Big 10 will be putting forth the best team? Probably. But what does it gain the Big 10 to have this year when it means that all other rules are made to be broken if you are the right team? It's arbitrary and wrong. ANY other team and the Big 10 would have said fuck off.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I disagree. I think it's an absolutely terrible choice. Does it mean that the Big 10 will be putting forth the best team? Probably. But what does it gain the Big 10 to have this year when it means that all other rules are made to be broken if you are the right team? It's arbitrary and wrong. ANY other team and the Big 10 would have said fuck off.
I disagree. If Indiana was 5-0 with a win over Ohio State and tOSU was 5-1, I think they do the same. It was a stupid arbitrary rule to begin with.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I just wanna play for the axe.

BErt

BErt

In a vacuum and not as some who fucking loathes OSU, i agree with @blotsfan that it’s the right move in this dumb, dumb season where all the rules are arbitrary anyway. If the PAC12 were smart at all they would do similar gymnastics and ensure USC and Colorado play this year but they seem content just pretending that USC should win. *THAT* is the situation where you point and say “any other team...”

BErt

BErt

85543030-6663-4128-B1DC-4CB6F057E6BF.jpeg

Dave

Dave

Minnesota played Nebraska today. Minnesota has been CREAMED with the Covid. They had THIRY-THREE players ineligible due to the virus. And their game was away in Lincoln.

Minnesota won 24-17.

jwhouk

jwhouk

That was a reeely beeg shoooe they put on there...

BErt

BErt

Season’s going great.
1777F359-8020-4531-8F4B-514743E10FCD.jpeg

BErt

BErt

blotsfan

blotsfan

Its a fucking extra point. Its just a nice story for her, since she stepped up when literally nobody else could. Whats wrong with people?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Whats wrong with people?
Some people hate things just cuz they're different than them.

--Patrick

BErt

BErt

LOLOLOLOL

BErt

BErt

@jwhouk wow

jwhouk

jwhouk

Tough loss there in Camellia Bowl, @DarkAudit.

(squeeing quietly as Coach Leipold wins a bowl game for UB)

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Tough loss there in Camellia Bowl, @DarkAudit.

(squeeing quietly as Coach Leipold wins a bowl game for UB)
My parents graduated from Marshall, not me. Up here, the Herd is just a (very) annoying little brother who never shuts up.

BErt

BErt

Graham Mertz of Wisconsin breaks the Duke’s Mayo Bow trophy

Graham Mertz of Wisconsin fixes/improves the Duke’s Mayo Bowl trophy

jwhouk

jwhouk

I’m just happy they won a game.

blotsfan

blotsfan

This first tweet didn't surprise me that much. The second one did.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Now imagining heavyset coach-looking guy with headset and baseball cap, but with plaid flannel shirt and ridiculously large hoop earrings.

--Patrick

drifter

drifter

Condolences to Texas fans.

BErt

BErt

Who knows what’s going on anymore

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

According to Wikipedia Steve Sarkisian is the UT head coach.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Texas officially announced that the same day they fired herman.

blotsfan

blotsfan

@jwhouk ya boi is dead to me.

jwhouk

jwhouk

KU, hey?
Warhawk to Jayhawk.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Well the home town good guys just won their first National Championship. After being contenders for most of the last decade.

blotsfan

blotsfan

So…it sure sounds like Oklahoma and Texas are moving to the SEC and nobody has any clue what’s going to happen to the remaining Big 12 teams.

General Specific

General Specific

So…it sure sounds like Oklahoma and Texas are moving to the SEC and nobody has any clue what’s going to happen to the remaining Big 12 teams.
That's interesting. I wonder how they are going to handle the West-East balance. Neither team would logically go to the East conference. Could mean a reorganization. Put Texas & Oklahoma into the West and move two teams from there to the East. Geographically, it would make the most sense to move Auburn and Alabama. They are further east than any of the other schools. It kinda would make sense as well. Getting two strong teams in and move two strong teams out. The East would be strengthened as well. They've always been the weaker of the two.

Alternatives are the Mississippis or LSU and Arkansas. LSU is interesting, but they are very hot & cold. They win a championship, then lose their star qb and immediately go 5-5.

blotsfan

blotsfan

The SEC Network (obviously not the same people who make decisions) suggested pod formats. The conference would be in groups of 4 that play each other every year, then a rotation with the other teams. It’s probably the best way to preserve traditional rivalries while still making sure everyone plays everyone enough.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Could have it that each team gets an extra game on Championship Saturday, where 2nd place teams play, then 3rd, then 4th, etc.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

There's one shoe...

WVU should just stick it to everyone and join the Pac 12. :p

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

RIP Bobby Bowden. :(

blotsfan

blotsfan

invincible sec.jpg

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Like I said in the Random Crap thread, the Bishop Sycamore situation is a shitshow and a half.

Thread. Boy this is a deep rabbit hole.

General Specific

General Specific

Like I said in the Random Crap thread, the Bishop Sycamore situation is a shitshow and a half.

Thread. Boy this is a deep rabbit hole.

I feel like this should have been more obvious.

I mean, even their initials are BS

BErt

BErt

jwhouk

jwhouk

Life is good. The Warhawks are already up by a touchdown against Carthage.

Aside: I didn't know that UWW and Carthage College had never played each other in school history.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'm not having a good time.

BErt

BErt

I'm not having a good time.
Hi! Welcome to Directional Michigan Football Hell

at any time one of Central, Western, or Eastern Michigan will suddenly play well for no reason. Usually not Eastern. But today you got Central! Congratulations and I’m sorry.

jwhouk

jwhouk

46-7 Final from Perkins Stadium. We're BACK, baby.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

All my friends want to go to the home opener next week. I don't know if I want to get into a large crowd (with COVID and all.) Even though it is to celebrate our first FCS title, Previous title was nearly 60 years ago in the NAIA.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Well we won

jwhouk

jwhouk

So nice the SEC gives you participation trophies.

BErt

BErt

…y’all Longhorns sure you wanna move to the SEC?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Two and oh. 31-14 over #8 ranked Salisbury College.

BErt

BErt

OH MY GOOOOOODDD

BErt

BErt

Offensive Mastermind Brett Bielema

BErt

BErt

Someone set the Miami Defense AI to “easy”

jwhouk

jwhouk

39-7 Warhawks over... Berry College of Georgia???

BErt

BErt

@blotsfan The whole “ESS EEE CEE” conference love thing really gets old especially when you guys have your fair share of shitty teams and everyone just wants to hang on the coattails of 1 powerhouse team like Arkansas

General Specific

General Specific

I kinda feel like the SEC wants to add the likes of Texas and Oklahoma and then jettison teams like Vanderbilt and South Carolina.

I say this as an SC alumni, it's entirely justified. We have been terrible for a while now.

BErt

BErt

Here’s a score you’re not likely ever to see again in any sport. D2 SIAC, Miles beats Central State 55-4.
1A11EA98-0CB2-44CE-8D2C-EE6BDA243A3F.png

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

*sulk*

Dave

Dave

Iowa is 4-0 but I don't for the life of me know why. They've looked awful. I've said several times that they aren't a top 5 team and I keep hearing things like "Tut tut!" and "P-shaw!"

Dudes almost lost to Colorado State.

BErt

BErt

Iowa is 4-0 but I don't for the life of me know why. They've looked awful. I've said several times that they aren't a top 5 team and I keep hearing things like "Tut tut!" and "P-shaw!"

you’ll certianly find out within the next two weeks if they’re legit: @ undefeated Maryland and then VS #5 PSU

blotsfan

blotsfan

It’s the classic ferentz year where they string together a bunch of wins, people are like “wow they look good this year” and they inevitably fold towards the end.

jwhouk

jwhouk

UW-Whitewater 37, UW-Stout 6. Whitewater (1-0, 4-0 overall) is 22-3 over their last 25 games, and haven't lost at Perkins Stadium since December of 2016.

jwhouk

jwhouk

...Okay, I had to look to see when the last time this happened.

The last time that UWW won a game, scoring 65 points, at home, against a conference opponent, was... uh, well... never?

Whitewater did beat UW-Stout 67-0 back in October of 1974, but that was up in Menomonie, not at Whitewater. (Yes, Stout is one of the two UW System schools not named for its location, though technically Parkside is where UWP is located.)

In short - since UW-Whitewater has been playing football as UWW, they have NEVER scored this many points against a WIAC opponent at home.

Ever.

Until today. 65-21 over UW-Platteville.

This... might get ugly for the rest of the season.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Things you learn about your alma mater when you do some digging:

* That win over Platteville was the 85th time Whitewater has defeated their fellow Normal School/State Teacher's College/State College/State University/UW school since they first met in 1895.
* In that first game, which was the first game between two Normal School teams, Whitewater won 10-0.
* UWW has a winning record versus all WIAC opponents in football - including a 26-3-2 record against Superior, who hasn't played football in the conference since 1991.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Oh, by the way, we beat UW-O on Saturday, 32-13.

General Specific

General Specific

My South Carolina Gamecocks engineered a comeback 21-20 win over titan of the SEC, VANDERBILT!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: I mean, I know this is the first year under a new coach, but come ON.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Wazoo HC fired after refusing the COVID-19 vax.

jwhouk

jwhouk

UPSET ALERT!

River Falls is up 21-14 on Whitewater at halftime at UWRF.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Whew!
Thanks to the foot of Matt Maldonado, the Warhawks take the win at River Falls, 34-28. After trailing 21-14 at the half, Whitewater came back to take a 28-21 lead late in the third. RF tied it with less than 6 to go, and Maldonado kicked a 28 yard FG to put the 'Hawks up by three. On the ensuing kickoff, returner Kaleb Blaha fumbled and the Hawks recovered. Maldonado then kicked a 31 yarder to put UWW up by six. On the first play after the kickoff, Kole Hinrichsen was intercepted by Kyle Koelblinger to seal the win. Three victory formations later and UWW has its 734th victory in school history.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Whitewater 48, Eau Claire 6.

8-0, kids.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

My national Champion Sam Houston Bearkats are going to join Conference USA to become bowl eligible in 2023. So I hope they snipe the championship again this year, because we ain't beating Alabama or OSU any time soon.

I hate that we are leaving our rival Stephen F Austin behind. One of the oldest rivalries in D1 football.
Post automatically merged:

But we will get a bigger stadium out of the deal...

jwhouk

jwhouk

They may want UWW to move up to a higher level, but that would bankrupt the team and also break historical - as in centuries-old - rivalries.

Oh, BTW, no score at La Crosse.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Another WIAC title, ho-hum. 13-7 win over UWLC.
Warhawks go for their 12th undefeated regular season since 1964 next week at Stevens Point.

General Specific

General Specific

Well, of course, my Gamecocks came out after barely beating Vandy and lost big to Texas A&M. The hits just keep on coming as this week we had to face the Florida Gators and wound up beating them 40-17?

WTF is this season?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Twelve.

Twelve undefeated seasons since beginning play in the WSUC/WIAC.

A 56-10 win over Stevens Point sends UWW to the D3 playoffs yet again, and likely as a top seed.

We find out our opponent Sunday - and I'm betting it's at Perkins Stadium.

---

EDIT: I just did a little look-back - Whitewater has had 15 undefeated seasons (without a loss) since beginning conference play in 1913 (as part of the State Normal College Conference, the ancient predecessor to the WIAC).

EDIT: I can't count. 16 SEASONS.
The 16
  1. 1937 (6-0-1, tie was against NIU)
  2. 1950 (6-0 - strictly against other State Teacher's College schools)
  3. 1960 (7-0-1, tie was against St. Norbert)
  4. 1966 (10-1, lost NAIA Champion Bowl)
  5. 1990 (10-1, lost first round of NCAA D3 playoffs)
  6. 1997 (9-1, lost in 1st round of D3 playoffs)
  7. 2005 (14-1, lost Stagg Bowl to Mt. Union)
  8. 2006 (14-1, lost Stagg Bowl to Mt. Union)
  9. 2009 (15-0, won D3 title over Mt. Union)
  10. 2010 (15-0, won D3 title over Mt. Union)
  11. 2011 (15-0, won D3 title over Mt. Union)
  12. 2013 (15-0, won D3 title over Mt. Union)
  13. 2014 (15-0, won D3 title over Mt. Union)
  14. 2016 (12-1, lost in D3 quarterfinals)
  15. 2018 (13-1, lost in D3 semis)
  16. 2021 (10-0, TBD)
The 12 count is undefeated seasons since being eligible for post-season play (excluding this season).

jwhouk

jwhouk

Nice.

UWW69-GRN7.jpg

jwhouk

jwhouk

Next victim opponent: DePauw.

BErt

BErt

:aaah:AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:aaah:
10DA8F80-0F17-4E82-99B5-2B5BF3D25820.jpeg

BErt

BErt

jwhouk

jwhouk

Final Score yesterday from Perkins Stadium: Whitewater 45, DePauw 0.

Next victim opponent: Central College of Iowa on the 4th. Location TBD (but likely at Whitewater).

jwhouk

jwhouk

I was a little concerned when I looked up the score earlier this morning to see how UWW was doing. Central College had scored a last-minute touchdown at the end of the first half to make it 27-21 Warhawks, and the score hadn't changed a few minutes into the third quarter.

And then I checked the final score just now.

UW-Whitewater 51, Central College Iowa 21. 24 unanswered points, and we're in the semis yet again. And our opponent is Mary Hardin-Baylor - who are also 13-0.

The winner goes on to play the winner of Mt. Union (13-0) and North Central (IL, 13-0) in the Stagg Bowl on Dec. 17.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I hate Mary Hardin-Baylor.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

jwhouk

jwhouk

Though ya gotta admit, that one punt by the Army punter was awesome beyond words.

BErt

BErt

Louisville DBs have to all leave school now, sorry I don’t make the rules

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I went to the last Rival Game at NRG stadium between the good guys and SFA. SHSU won again after 11 years of consecutive wins. But there was a bunch of narcissist just a few rows below us that thought they could tell a bunch of Texas football fans how to cheer for football. I kept pointing to the field and saying cheer that way and stop yelling at us. I told everyone around us that the where the main characters in their own story and fuck everyone else's fun.

We were in the lower section of a major stadium. Rich alumni cheering for the "home" team. But these assholes kept screeching at us when and how to cheer for our own team. Several times I pointed at the field and told the to scream that way.

A great game but 3 fuckwads ruined the game for us. During the most important play of the game the woman held up a sign that blocked my view of the play.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Well, OU is done. I hope they at least beat saxet..

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Well, OU is done. I hope they at least beat saxet..
I hope they beat tu this weekend. It’s the only weekend of the year I’m guaranteed to root for them.

Dave

Dave

I was really hoping Iowa would get blown out today and so far I'm getting my wish. As much as I don't think anything will happen, I hope this spurs the university to fire the offensive coordinator who only has the job because his last name is the same as the head coach's. Since Brian Ferentz took over as offensive coordinator, Iowa has gotten only worse and worse and the play calling has gotten more & more predictable and stale. The whole coaching staff needs to be let go, but it would cost the university upwards of $50 million to do so. Brian right now makes about $900,000 a year to field the WORST football offense in Division 1. You heard that right. Out of 131 teams, Iowa is dead last in offense. Meanwhile the defense is absolutely killing it and are amazing. But they can only be on the field for so long before they start to break down, get tired, and then start to let the score pile up on them.

The whole organization is a cluster fuck right now because th eAD has no spine, the boosters have no will to fire Ferentz, and Kirk Ferentz chooses nepotism over the school again and again.

General Specific

General Specific

South Carolina is good?

Beat a ranked Kentucky and also Texas A&M. Got thumped by Georgia, of course, but hung with Arkansas…

No! No, this is the team that always dashes my hopes. They’ll probably lose every game for the rest of the season and wind up not bowl eligible. I am not going to fall for it again!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

South Carolina is good?

Beat a ranked Kentucky and also Texas A&M. Got thumped by Georgia, of course, but hung with Arkansas…

No! No, this is the team that always dashes my hopes. They’ll probably lose every game for the rest of the season and wind up not bowl eligible. I am not going to fall for it again!
My Aggies are in QB trouble.

General Specific

General Specific

What the fuck is going on with South Carolina, lose to Florida and Missouri, but beat Kentucky and Tennessee?

Don’t misunderstand, I am happy the team is out of the cellar, I just want them to figure out an identity.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

What the fuck is going on with South Carolina, lose to Florida and Missouri, but beat Kentucky and Tennessee?

Don’t misunderstand, I am happy the team is out of the cellar, I just want them to figure out an identity.
Yesterday was such a freaky day in the NCAA.

BErt

BErt

4AB9A176-F6E0-420F-9304-D3C7157E9CE0.jpeg

Dave

Dave

I would like to thank Nebraska and Purdue for winning and making sure Iowa didn’t get embarrassed on a national stage in the Big 10 championship game.

General Specific

General Specific

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Lincoln Riley can fall into the San Andreas fault.

BErt

BErt

@Dave take care of my sweet boy don't let Ferentz get him killed.
AA0094CA-5DDB-4A68-880C-CB6A7F5AD0D7.jpeg

Dave

Dave

Holy shit! Iowa’s getting a QB?!?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Without exaggeration, one of the most influential offensive minds in recent football history, and one of incredibly rare examples of coaches who didn’t actually play. Really a one of one guy.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Without exaggeration, one of the most influential offensive minds in recent football history, and one of incredibly rare examples of coaches who didn’t actually play. Really a one of one guy.
Texas Tech was always a tough opponent during his time there. Sad news for CFB.

BErt

BErt

BErt

BErt

IMG_0981.jpeg

On the one hand, players should never be betting on their own games even when gambling is legal.

On the other hand "take the under on Iowa" is the opposite of insider information @Dave

Dave

Dave

Any player who bets on their own team to lose or to not score as many points as possible should be immediately suspended or no longer allowed to play. If he'd have bet the over or Iowa to win I'd be a bit more understanding. Granted, he was not the starting kicker and he did not get any playtime during that game so it's a moot point and had no effect on the game, plus he's no longer playing football.

The big problem is that right now the sporting world absolutely glorifies gambling, especially sites like FanDual or DraftKings. And yet they expect these kids to exercise their limited judgement and NOT participate? Ludicrous.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Any player who bets on their own team to lose or to not score as many points as possible should be immediately suspended or no longer allowed to play.
Beyond that, it’s an actual crime.

BErt

BErt

Wow! Realignment really ramping up
IMG_1088.jpeg

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Wow! Realignment really ramping upView attachment 45783
They’ll still do no better than .500.

BErt

BErt

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

General Booty

BErt

BErt

@Dave as a Cowboy fan/Husker hater how much fun are you having watch Deion coach today? :rofl:

Dave

Dave

Iowa won, Nebraska lost. It was a good day.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Texas vs Alabama. Was mutual destruction not an option?

BErt

BErt

So, four points on this:
1) It's a serious fucked up situation and of course people are focusing on the wrong things with sports and shit and throwing stones in glass houses when instead we need to be working on this kind of institutional shit or it's just gonna keep happening everywhere.
2) The fact that MSU of all places let him coach at all considering this investigation was going on, after all the Larry Nassar stuff, is unbelievably unacceptable. Now they're gonna *have* to put him on leave if not outright fire him and they won't get the credit of doing the right thing, it's just another edition of a school going "oops, ok you caught us" for backing another obvious scumbag.
3) I'm not coming at this at all from a rivalry thing, and all the smarmy UM fans on social media really don't have a leg to stand on until at the very least the Bo Schembechler statue comes down for his inaction with the reported Dr. Anderson assaults. Hero worship happens everywhere and it's stupid.
4) With all of that said and understood, "Mel Tugger" is objectively funny sorry.

blotsfan

blotsfan

2) The fact that MSU of all places let him coach at all considering this investigation was going on, after all the Larry Nassar stuff, is unbelievably unacceptable. Now they're gonna *have* to put him on leave if not outright fire him and they won't get the credit of doing the right thing, it's just another edition of a school going "oops, ok you caught us" for backing another obvious scumbag.
All reporting is that Michigan State didn’t know what he did besides a generic “complaint” until yesterday. Regardless of morals, the school has been aching for an excuse to fire Tucker without having to pay him, so I don’t see why they’d cover for him. It’s already reported that he’s been suspended and will be fired once the investigation has officially concluded.

BErt

BErt

All reporting is that Michigan State didn’t know what he did besides a generic “complaint” until yesterday. Regardless of morals, the school has been aching for an excuse to fire Tucker without having to pay him, so I don’t see why they’d cover for him. It’s already reported that he’s been suspended and will be fired once the investigation has officially concluded.
I'm actually flabbergasted that they're getting out of that buyout. I mean i get that it's for cause but yeah it's been an offseason of discontent around him in general without any of this being publicly known.

I retract my second point if the report of it staying sealed until this weekend is true, that would have been done for the safety of the victim.

BErt

BErt

Texas vs Alabama. Was mutual destruction not an option?
Ohio State playes Notre Dame this weekend, meteor has another shot at glory

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

BOOMER SOONER!! what a great game!!

BErt

BErt

Michigan's defense beats Minnesota 14-10 to keep possession of the Little Brown Jug

...oh yeah and our offense scored 38 points too

BErt

BErt

Miami coach Mario Cristobal fails to take a knee to run the clock out when his team had the game won.

This is the worst case of clock mismanagement since... Oregon coach Mario Cristobal failed to take a knee to run the clock out when his team had the game won.
IMG_2176.jpeg

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Miami coach Mario Cristobal fails to take a knee to run the clock out when his team had the game won.

This is the worst case of clock mismanagement since... Oregon coach Mario Cristobal failed to take a knee to run the clock out when his team had the game won.
View attachment 46209
That's an unfortunate call. The GT fans must have gone nuts. Good for GT for being able to capitalize.

Dave

Dave

The Iowa QB completed one pass in the second half of today’s game against Wisconsin. For 1 yard. He finished with 6 completions for 37 yards. Iowa won by 9.

PatrThom

PatrThom

The Iowa QB completed one pass in the second half of today’s game against Wisconsin. For 1 yard. He finished with 6 completions for 37 yards. Iowa won by 9.
Get stupid
Get started
Runnin and runnin and runnin...

--Patrick

BErt

BErt

The Iowa OC actually has a clause in his contract that the team has to average 25 points a game. Let's see how they'r- oh dear lord
IMG_2267.jpeg

Dave

Dave

Oh I am well aware of that clause. In fact, an Iowa ugly win makes me happy specially BECAUSE of said clause. Fuck that guy.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

My Bearkats earned enough yards this week to no longer be the worst offense in the FBS.

drifter

drifter

That's just good old fashioned Big 10 football right there. The forward pass is commie propaganda.

BErt

BErt

The line for this game sure is something @Dave
IMG_2908.jpeg

BErt

BErt

The line for this game sure is something @Dave
View attachment 46587
wow look at that the under held I can't believe it wow

Dave

Dave

Never has a more Iowa Nebraska been Iowa/Nebraska’d.

BErt

BErt

Iowa's coaches may be allergic to scoring points but goddamn this effort of defense/special teams is undeniable

Dave

Dave

If Iowa had even a halfway competent OC or middling offense they'd have been national champions.

General Specific

General Specific

If Iowa had even a halfway competent OC or middling offense they'd have been national champions.
If South Carolina just had a decent defense... and an offensive line... and special teams...basically if we were a completely better team in all aspects, we could have been Nat'l Champs, too.

PatrThom

PatrThom

To be fair, this is true for most teams.

--Patrick

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Put FSU in UT's spot because tuck fexas.

Though OU beating them was really all I needed in a season.

We'll see how OU handles the SEC. Might be rough season. Looking forward to it.

BErt

BErt

Put FSU in UT's spot because tuck fexas.

Though OU beating them was really all I needed in a season.

We'll see how OU handles the SEC. Might be rough season. Looking forward to it.
i understand the sentiment but Texas beating Bama on the road is what gummed everything up. They were gonna fall all over themselves to keep an SEC team in but they couldn't justify putting Bama in over Texas. They actually got "lucky" in a sense that FSU lost their QB because it gave them an excuse to leave them out.

Personally, I think the playoff should always have been 8 teams and then this wouldn't be a problem. That gives you the 5 "power" conference champions plus 3 at large teams to argue about. 4 teams was always too few and 12 is too many.

Of course they ruined that too with all the realignment there are really only 4 power conferences now. Money ruins everything.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

8 would be nice.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

After all of FSU’s whining they were absolutely destroyed today. Wanna join the Big10 so all of you can cry together?

BErt

BErt

After all of FSU’s whining they were absolutely destroyed today. Wanna join the Big10 so all of you can cry together?
to be fair 13 starters sat out for them...they may have been able to keep it within 40 otherwise!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Dave, Iowa has absolutely had their collective ass kicked today by Tennessee.

Dave

Dave

Yup. They suck. Knew it was going to happen but didn’t think it would be 35-0 bad. Oh well. Life goes on but Brian Ferentz doesn’t.

BErt

BErt

KICKOFF IS ABOUT TO START AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH GO BLUE IM GOING TO PUKE MY PANTS

BErt

BErt

UPDATE: AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

blotsfan

blotsfan

First quarter just finished and this game is done.

Dave

Dave

First quarter just finished and this game is done.
That last 4th quarter TD might have been the game. You were a bit optimistic.

BErt

BErt

GO BLUE
IMG_3562.jpeg

BErt

BErt

I'M NEVER WEARING PANTS AGAIN

Dave

Dave

You guys are lucky we had Brian Ferentz still. See you next year!

BErt

BErt

You guys are lucky we had Brian Ferentz still. See you next year!
The B1G is about to be bananas man

B18 Ten

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Next season should be interesting for sure.