Need some Excel nerd help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
I've been struggling with this for days and am not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I've uploaded 2 files into the Download area so you can see what it is I'm trying to do.

http://www.halforums.com/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=2

This is in Excel 2007 and what I'm trying to do is make a graph (chart) that has a scroll bar. Instructions can be found here on how to set it up. But I still can't quite get it.

Right now the graphs look ugly because I wanted to get the functionality before I worried about the looks.

So the two files are:

Excel sheet (the one I'm trying to set up)
Excel Example (the one I downloaded and am trying to reverse engineer)

I know I'm missing something easy but don't know what. HELP!!

Sorry, I can't do that Dave. I'm getting an error message when I try to download:

"Warning: copy(./downloads//ec_tmp/Line Graph.xls) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [path]/downloads.php on line 704
ERROR: File not found."

Dave

Staff member
It'll take that now. I'll check it when I come back from lunch. What was I missing?

I think it needed to be saved in the new version of excel.

I also had to add in the other data sets in the name manager.

I guess I had to change the values for the data in the graph too. They needed to point to the stuff you set up in the name manager. And since I changed the name of the worksheet I had to change the name of it in the formulas in the name manager.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

And I realized I messed up one of the names in the graph. I put in lead replies and it should be email replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.