New Angels Comic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo goog to see you back!
I hope everything worked out fine in your absence or at least is done for good!

Also... by the way... Quetz does NOT need to be reminded how far her physical conditioning has slipped. Standby for SUPER BITCH MODE.

In all sincerity, though... Hans, I hope that everything that's been going on for the last while has worked itself out

I ask you to help me out with a phrase the b**** says, as my English is not good enough for it:

"the ... chick that we BLEW said cover for..."

spoiled: parents never tell her no
chubby: too much candy makes you this way
dago: slang term for hispanics... out-of-date in the US, to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks, but I need help with the words I have written - the third line in the speech bubble. I don't get grammar and sense, even though I think to know each of the words.

figmentPez

Staff member
Thanks, but I need help with the words I have written - the third line in the speech bubble. I don't get grammar and sense, even though I think to know each of the words.
That's understandable, it's an awkward sentence.

"Especially to find the spoiled, chubby dago chick that we blew said cover for doesn't have what we're after anyway."

To phrase it differently "chick that we revealed (blew) our aforementioned (said) covert position (cover) for"

*headdesk* my mistake, I'm sorry
Added at: 12:31
To blow one's cover = being undercover, and having to come out of it for some reason, thus failing your mission of remaining undetected.

dago: slang term for hispanics... out-of-date in the US, to the best of my knowledge.
"Dago" is actually a slur for Italians. It's out of date because most people in the US don't make any distinctions between European ethnicities now; they all get lumped together by skin color these days.

I've learned the use of Dago for spaniards from Blackadder (second season) as well as from Richard Sharpe (books & TV). Two credible sources in my world. ;)
I never heard it for italians.

No, Dego commonly refers to someone of hispanic descent. Wap is more common for itallians.
No, I'm pretty sure I'm still right. Apparently it's a largely American usage when referring to Italians, and British usage when referring to Spaniards. Look it up.

N

No2Fan

Ooops, meant to post this somewhere else (and don't know where the Delete button is:oops:)

Status
Not open for further replies.