New Game of Thrones casting announcements!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taken directly from GRRM's blog.

As Jamie Lannister: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

As Theon Grayjoy: Alfie Allen (brother of Lily Allen, apparently)

Sansa and Arya, respectively (unknown child actors, these are the only pics of them out there):

As Daenerys (and I know you're all interested in THIS casting, since GRRM has acknowledged that the sex scenes from the book will remain intact), Tamzin Merchant, who also had a role in the Tudors:

As Ser Joran Mormont, Iain Glen:

As Robb Stark, Richard Madden:

As Catelyn Stark, Jennifer Ehle:

Still waiting on Maester Luwin, Grand Maester Pycelle, the Hound, Ser Rodrik, Khal Drogo, Magister Illyrio, Gared, Will, Ser Waymar Royce, and Cersei Lannister.

Thoughts? Not sure how I feel about Alfie Allen as Theon, but he is supposed to be a good actor and could look quite different with makeup etc. on. The rest look fantastic. Filming starts on October 26, and I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty fucking excited.

R

Rubicon

Have they casted Jon Snow?

Snow and Tyrion are easily the best characters.

I can't stand Catelyn Stark..

Have they casted Jon Snow?

Snow and Tyrion are easily the best characters.

I can't stand Catelyn Stark..
Yep, they cast Kit Harrington, a relative unknown. It was announced a few weeks ago, which is why I did not post it here.

W

WolfOfOdin

New Game of Thones casting announcements!

That casting of Snow actually....well, that fits what I imagined him to look like, oddly :confused:

Cersei is going to be tough now that they've cast Jaime. They are twins after all. I mean... look at the nose on that guy.

Good choices on Daenerys and Catelyn.

I really don't like the casting for Jaimie. Otherwise, they look pretty good. I do hope they remember to change the girls' hair colours around :-P
And that Snow is EERILY like I imagined him.

T

Twitch

This is the book with the incest every few hundred pages, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.