Export thread

New Monty Python movie announced

Dave

Dave

http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolpi...movie-announced-and-there-was-much-rejoicing/

Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand it gives me a nerdgasm. On the other, could it really live up to the hype and expectations that the nerd world will have? Will it have any chance at all at not sucking?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

As long as it's not just a fan service movie calling back to old references, I'm in. I used to love Monty Python, but like "the cake is a lie" or endless Star Wars references/parodies, I've not had an interest in revisiting the show or the movies in a long while because of fan overuse.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

I'm seriously seriously conflicted about this....

figmentPez

figmentPez

As long as it's not just a fan service movie calling back to old references, I'm in.
Did you say you want something completely different?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Did you say you want something completely different?

GasBandit

GasBandit

In my mind, there have been more monty python movies over the years. They just replaced Graham Chapman with Kevin Kline, and Carol Cleveland with Jamie Lee Curtis.

strawman

strawman

I'm ok with this. It has enough of the classic python troupe that it will doubtless be funny, smart, and engaging.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Pbbbbt

PatrThom

PatrThom

What, nobody has called out the fact that Robin Williams will be in it? Shame.

--Patrick

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hence the "pbbbt."

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

As long as its funny I won't murder any of the actors. Thats my two schments on it.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

OHMIGODTHISISSOF***INAWESOMEOHMIG... Wait... Robin Williams? As a talking dog? Ffffuuuuuuuuuck :(

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

OHMIGODTHISISSOF***INAWESOMEOHMIG... Wait... Robin Williams? As a talking dog? Ffffuuuuuuuuuck :(
It's a Sci-Fi movie though.

Just Me

Just Me

After all there even was a spaceship in Life Of Brian. That was at least one of those eagerly awaited Jews in Space...
:D

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

And it's still Robin Williams.

Dave

Dave

And it's still Robin Williams.
That's really my issue with it. There are some people that you say, "Hey look! It's X!" instead of getting into the character. Some actors and voices are just like that. He'll play a talking dog but the whole time I'll be thinking, "That's Robin Williams as a talking dog."

Covar

Covar

That's really my issue with it. There are some people that you say, "Hey look! It's X!" instead of getting into the character.
Like half of the Monty Python crew?

Dave

Dave

Like half of the Monty Python crew?
Not sure why but I don't have that with them unless it's a non-Python movie.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Not sure why but I don't have that with them unless it's a non-Python movie.
I dunno, R.Williams has done some amazing roles where I don't think that way. What Dreams May Come, The Birdcage, Hook, Bicentennial Man etc.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I remember seeing the commercial to Bicentennial Man as a kid...and being horrified.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Okay it's got the Pythons in it, but it's being written by the guy who did...Small Soldiers and The Borrowers.

I'm not classifying this as a Python movie, odds are it's a kid's movie at best.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Okay it's got the Pythons in it, but it's being written by the guy who did...Small Soldiers and The Borrowers.

I'm not classifying this as a Python movie, odds are it's a kid's movie at best.
Ooh boy, those films have not aged well even as kids films.