Export thread

Next Wednesday Night. Be Here.

Dave

Dave

I am going to run a special event on my Twitch Stream: www.twitch.tv/crankyolddave

The show will start at 7 pm Central Time. (Was at 5 pm, but more people can make it later.)

I’ll be using the official Halforums Discord and you can hop in with voice if you want. (Note that if you do that you’ll want to mute the Twitch stream or you’ll get an echo of everyone talking.)

Dave

Dave

Now that it's not 1 am and I'm awake, let me expand on the above.

Next Wednesday is the 10th anniversary of Halforums. The day previous is the 5th anniversary of Mikko's passing. So let's hold a party to celebrate a life well lived and a place that allowed us all to share even a small part of that life!

Starting at 5 pm Central time I will go live on my Twitch channel. You can join by either coming into Discord (invite link below in spoilers to thwart bots) or by chatting in the chat window of my Twitch channel. If you choose Discord you may do either voice or stay text only - I completely understand. Either way if you want to participate you'll have to sign up somewhere, whether that somewhere is Discord or Twitch is completely up to you.

So set your calendars for next Wednesday to celebrate Halforums and Mikko!

Dave

Dave

Please note that there will probably be a LOT of people in there that you don't recognize since it'll be on my Twitch channel. But, the Grand Prize will be available for Halforums members only. So others might come in and steal away a free game or three, but the Grand Prize will be HFers only.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I am going to run a special event on my Twitch Stream: www.twitch.tv/crankyolddave

The show will start at 5 pm Central Time.

I’ll be using the official Halforums Discord and you can hop in with voice if you want. (Note that if you do that you’ll want to mute the Twitch stream or you’ll get an echo of everyone talking.)
Shit I should probably get you your drawings.

Wahad

Wahad

I won't be able to be there, but I'll raise a glass to Mikko on the relevant date all the same.

Dave

Dave

Shit I should probably get you your drawings.
And let me know if I owe you more money for them.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Oh there will be bribes prizes?

—Patrick

blotsfan

blotsfan

I could use a new PlayStation

Dave

Dave

I could use a new PlayStation
It's not that generous, but whomever wins will like it.

Bubble181

Bubble181

It's not that generous, but whomever wins will like it.
And it'll be a24h marathon to give people from all over equal opportunities right?

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I'm 4 hours behind you, so this is happening during my work hours. I'll be thinking of you all though.

Dave

Dave

If you can't make it at that time but want to participate, send me a PM and I'll make sure you have an equal chance. Need not be present to win the Grand Prize, although the free games will be given to those attending.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I don't get home until around 7pm cst but I'll definitely be there for Mikko, and I guess for Halforums!

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm in the same boat as Crimson, I doubt I'll be home before 7pm, but if things are still happening then, I'll try to swing by.

klew

klew

I too will be at work, I'll try to find a way to participate

Dave

Dave

I might have to start a little later, then. If I start at 7pm it seems that would accommodate more people.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I can do 6 PM AST a lot better.

Emrys

Emrys

I'm going to be helping Dave with this, so if you are on Discord and your name is different from your Halforums name, please let me know your Discord name so I can keep track of everyone. Otherwise, I will have to send a doomweasel to spy on you and no one wants that.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I will have to send a doomweasel to spy on you and no one wants that.
Least of all the doomweasel. I mean, it's Winter in most of the world right now, and the little buggers are bound to be cross by the time they arrive.

--Patrick

Emrys

Emrys

Least of all the doomweasel. I mean, it's Winter in most of the world right now, and the little buggers are bound to be cross by the time they arrive.

--Patrick
I make my doomweasels little fur coats.

And don't you dare change that to read "into little fur coats"!
index.jpg

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

I appreciate the time moving back to 7 - I work until 5 and my normal drive home is about 2 hours due to traffic in Nashville (it takes me as long to get from the SE side of there to the North side as it does to get from the North side to home)

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm going to be helping Dave with this, so if you are on Discord and your name is different from your Halforums name, please let me know your Discord name so I can keep track of everyone. Otherwise, I will have to send a doomweasel to spy on you and no one wants that.
Elf on a shelf, doomie as a roomie, I can adjust, I'm sure.

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

I make my doomweasels little fur coats.

And don't you dare change that to read "into little fur coats"!
Do we get a group picture of them before the scampering actually happens? It'd make the inevitable pass more upbeat.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I'm going to be on a plane somewhere over Colorado(ish) at that time. On my wake back from LA. I don't get to Toronto until like 11:30EDT, and then with customs and whatnot I won't be home until around 1am Thursday. So I'm afraid I won't be present.

Dave

Dave

We'll make sure you are in the drawing for the final Grand Prize.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I will not be available then, as I have my own life-affirming social event that I am going to, but do know you all have my thoughts, and I will raise a glass to Mikko, much loved, always remembered.

Gryfter

Gryfter

Will try and attend but it happens right smack in the middle of evening commute for me, but I will raise a glass whatever time I get home.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dang, I forgot I have a meeting at 6 this wednesday I can't duck out of... I hope it will get out around 7, but I'll be later than I thought I would. I'll do my best.

phil

phil

I'll try to be there if I can! Discord/twitch is bigdumbpoophead

Eriol

Eriol

I'm going to see if I can get things ready. Maybe be a bit late (that's our D&D night), but going to try and make an appearance.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'll try my best to make it, but 2AM on a work night is kind of hard :p Have a glass of mead in North's honor in my name, 'kay?

Cog

Cog

I'll be here even if it is only to say hello. What do you normally do during this things?

Dave

Dave

We haven't really done one online for a long time. This time we're doing drawings and games like Family Feud or Trivia. If I can figure out how we're going to do Family Feud, that is.

phil

phil

We haven't really done one online for a long time. This time we're doing drawings and games like Family Feud or Trivia. If I can figure out how we're going to do Family Feud, that is.
The trick is to do a question that can have a slightly sexual answer then act SHOCKED that someone says it.

Null

Null

On Discord and Twitch I use the handle "Crowe4WFG"

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I have to work that night..but I'll be here in spirit.

Far

Far

I'll be there but might be roughly an hour late, if we're still looking at a 7cst start.

Null

Null

In case I'm not on at the right time, I made my own little tribute to North Ranger.

The captain of the Terran Federation Navy Frigate Alpha Orionis is Frigate-Captain Mikko Metsala.

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

I'll probably be similar to Far - be an hour late or so as I don't get home until 7 at the earliest and have to do a few things around the house before I can go back online.

BErt

I will be able to be here after all. See y’all in a few hours!

General Specific

General Specific

I will likely be joining with only Twitch, my handle there is “a_catastrophic_success”

Emrys

Emrys

We're live on Discord and Twitch! Come join the madness!

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

Here... twitch id is merkuscloud

evilmike

evilmike

old guy gaming.png

Emrys

Emrys

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Dave

Dave

I think this next video says it all about the Super Duper Contest. And the $200 cash prize goes to....

Dave

Dave

@Gryfter should read this thread. :-D

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Even though I came in late, and had to work the last 15 minutes of it, it was good to see everyone!

Far

Far

Congrats!

And thanks for the hangouts and games!

And for every one of us.

And for @Dave. I firmly and truly believe we wouldn't be what we are today without you.

Dave

Dave

Here are the winners of the games and what they won:

Winner Game
Denbrought Guacamelee
PatrThom Darksiders II
Vrii Nuclear Throne
Null 100% Orange Juice & Packs
GasBandit Disciples III Gold Edition
Yoshimickster Hollow Knight
Null Fallen Enchantress Ultimate Edition
Vrii Forged Battalion
ncts_dodge_man The Dwarves
Tbro Poytatoman Seeks the Troof
General Specific Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
AnnaDei Old Man's Journey
Denbrought Thirty Flighty of Loving
Far Retro Game Crunch
Bert Spirits
Cog The Political Machine 2016
Emrys Snake Pass
AnnaDei Dungeons 3
Chad Sexington Luna's Wandering Stars
Drifter Running With Rifles
Vrii Rituals
Denbrought Zombie Night Terror
Vrii Guild of Dungeoneering
Far Invisible, Inc.
Kags Life is Strange Complete Season
ncts_dodge_man Super Galaxy Squadron
CeltZ Jalopy
Tinwhistler Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
BErt Q.U.B.E.
Drifter AER Memories of Old
Yoshimickster AI War: Fleet Command
klew Figment
Tinwhistler Grand Ages: Rome - Gold Edition
GasBandit Little Nightmares
Chad Sexington Patrician IV
Yoshimickster Patrician III
Gen Spec Double Fine Adventure Documentary
Pez Sproggiwood
Tbro Hitman: The Complete First Season
Denbrought Ellipsis
cchaz Port Royale 3
Evilmike 20164: Read Only Memories
Vrii Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!
Drifter Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP
PatrThom Airline Tycoon 2
CeltZ FATE: Hero Bundle
ncts_dodge_man ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS
Kags Forts

Dave

Dave

Got dang formatting.

Dei

Dei

A clip from the after party.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Sheesh, nice list. Congrats to the lot of you!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Sorry I missed most of the fun!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Glad to have been there for at least a bit. Thanks again, @Dave!

Dave

Dave

I will be emailing everyone their Steam keys today. Once @Gryfter contacts me I'll work with him on getting the $200 prize to him.

Couple of notes about the Steam keys. These are from my Humble and some of them I've had for a while. If for some reason the keys do not work let me know and I'll make sure you get it covered.

There are a couple that have multiple keys. One in specific - Double Fine Adventure Documentary - has a main "game" and 20 episodes. Not sure if you need only the one or all of them.

But watch for your emails.

One more thing, I accidentally erased a game from the list so I need to get the key out to anyone who wants it. It's going to be first come first served on this one so whomever gets the key gets it. If you try and redeem this key and it does not work, you were too slow. :)

0G5ZQ-FVKJF-QIM82

Gryfter

Gryfter

Wow! Sorry I missed all the fun but it sounds like it was a party. And now I wish I had been able to be there but my kid had an assignment that needed my help.

In the words of Eric Cartman...... I love you guys!

Dave

Dave

You realize you won the $200 prize, right?

Gryfter

Gryfter

I do yes.... still in shock. :cool:

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

Sorry I missed this. I know I don't post much these days and have been perfecting my lurker status but to realize that this little community has now been running for ten years.....

We've had our ups and our downs, but I raise my glass to you bunch of misfits.

Just Me

Just Me

Congrats to the winners, once again thanks for everyone running this show and keeping it up!
I'd have delurked more for that event, but was on vacation in Norway. Thought of North Ranger while dogsledding close to the finnish border!

PatrThom

PatrThom

So...Hall of Fame time?

--Patrick