[NFL] NFL Thread

Sadly no. By the time I would have gotten there, it would have been half over and I would have been fully baked from the sun.

And the wife wouldn't have been happy, either.

Also, I had to work in the morning, so that didn't help either.

On other news: he got to well over $400 k, last I looked. And McAfee topped the high donor with $25,000.
Got my 15ms of internet fame today -- Tom Grossi said my comment from regular chat during a livestream today.

Dave

Staff member
I love how London loves the Jacksonville Jaguars since they play there a lot. The Jags are on offense and the crowd is going wild. But it plays like home field advantage for the Bills since they don't know they are supposed to be quieter when their offense is on the field so they can hear!

I love how London loves the Jacksonville Jaguars since they play there a lot. The Jags are on offense and the crowd is going wild. But it plays like home field advantage for the Bills since they don't know they are supposed to be quieter when their offense is on the field so they can hear!
Well the guy who owns the Jags owns Fulham FC in London. Maybe he encouraged them somehow.

Experimenting with a power rankings based on "But who have they really beaten?" Teams get points for the win total of each team they beat.

Through Wednesday:

Philadelphia Eagles 35​
Baltimore Ravens 34​
Kansas City Chiefs 33​
Jacksonville Jaguars 30​
Detroit Lions 28​
Cleveland Browns 28​
Pittsburgh Steelers 27​
Houston Texans 26​
San Francisco 49ers 25​
Seattle Seahawks 22​
Cincinnati Bengals 22​
Minnesota Vikings 22​
Buffalo Bills 21​
New York Jets 19​
Indianapolis Colts 18​
Los Angeles Chargers 18​
Denver Broncos 18​
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17​
Dallas Cowboys 17​
Miami Dolphins 15​
Las Vegas Raiders 15​
New Orleans Saints 14​
Atlanta Falcons 13​
Los Angeles Rams 13​
Tennessee Titans 13​
Washington Commanders 12​
Green Bay Packers 11​
Arizona Cardinals 10​
Chicago Bears 10​
New England Patriots 9​
New York Giants 6​
Carolina Panthers 5​

Kinda scary that the Texans have been pretty good the last 6 weeks.
I wasn’t expecting them to come together this fast. I expected them to be better in the second half of the season as compared to the first half. But actually in a position to have a shot at the playoffs? I didn’t give ‘em a chance.

Week 11
1: Philadelphia Eagles - 45
2: Baltimore Ravens - 42
3: Cleveland Browns - 36
3: Kansas City Chiefs - 36
5: Jacksonville Jaguars - 34
6: San Francisco 49ers - 33
7: Detroit Lions - 32
8: Pittsburgh Steelers - 31
9: Houston Texans - 29
10: Buffalo Bills - 27
11: Denver Broncos - 26
12: Seattle Seahawks - 25
12: Cincinnati Bengals - 25
14: Minnesota Vikings - 24
15: New York Jets - 23
16: Miami Dolphins - 22
17: Dallas Cowboys - 21
18: Indianapolis Colts - 20
19: Los Angeles Rams - 19
20: Las Vegas Raiders - 18
20: Los Angeles Chargers - 18
22: Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 17
23: Green Bay Packers - 16
24: Atlanta Falcons - 15
25: New Orleans Saints - 14
26: Washington Commanders - 13
26: Tennessee Titans - 13
28: Arizona Cardinals - 11
29: New York Giants - 10
29: New England Patriots - 10
29: Chicago Bears - 10

32: Carolina Panthers - 6

I've not really watched many games this year because my Pathers are....soooo bad. So I'm really wondering how they kicked 3 fields goals and won against the Falcons today. I know the Falcons aren't great either, but wtf?

I've not really watched many games this year because my Pathers are....soooo bad. So I'm really wondering how they kicked 3 fields goals and won against the Falcons today. I know the Falcons aren't great either, but wtf?
Well you see, one team was expected to be bad as they rebuild around a new, young QB who is learning the game. The other team has a 7 hour Youtube retrospective on their hapless existence:

Well as a lifelong Lions fan it would have been amazing to see their first playoff win in 30 years but I live in the DFW area and these petty bitches don't care about football now that the Cowboys lost I guess

Dave

Staff member
Denied because the guy tried to rip his head off by grabbing the facemask and just yanking. Should have been 1st & goal from the 1/2 yard line. I say that hating the Eagles.

Denied because the guy tried to rip his head off by grabbing the facemask and just yanking. Should have been 1st & goal from the 1/2 yard line. I say that hating the Eagles.
You're not wrong about the play in specific; though, I was using it more as a metaphor for the game overall.

Baker Mayfield makes me angry. He's playing so well for the Bucs, why couldn't he do that for my Panthers? Then I think about Miles Sanders. Great RB for Philly, comes here and loses the starting job to Chubba Hubbard. Really? Are the Panthers just a black hole for talent right now?

CMC was great here, but goes to SF and becomes the superstar we only saw in flashes. Now, it could be argued that SF has a lot of other weapons, so teams can't just focus on stopping him and that's fair. But combined with all the other examples you start seeing trends.

Carolina is where talent goes to die. Want to win a Super Bowl? DO NOT sign with the Panthers.

Personally, I blame David Tepper for creating such an unstable environment. Matt Rhule was obviously not working out and needed to go, but not giving Steve Wilks a real shot and then firing Frank Reich in his first season is seriously shitty. You can't build success with a constantly rotating coaching staff. That's the way Cleveland did things for so many years when they were the perennial losers. The next coach, whoever it is, needs to be given several years to try to build the team back up into a cohesive unit.

Baker Mayfield makes me angry. He's playing so well for the Bucs, why couldn't he do that for my Panthers? Then I think about Miles Sanders. Great RB for Philly, comes here and loses the starting job to Chubba Hubbard. Really? Are the Panthers just a black hole for talent right now?

CMC was great here, but goes to SF and becomes the superstar we only saw in flashes. Now, it could be argued that SF has a lot of other weapons, so teams can't just focus on stopping him and that's fair. But combined with all the other examples you start seeing trends.

Carolina is where talent goes to die. Want to win a Super Bowl? DO NOT sign with the Panthers.

Personally, I blame David Tepper for creating such an unstable environment. Matt Rhule was obviously not working out and needed to go, but not giving Steve Wilks a real shot and then firing Frank Reich in his first season is seriously shitty. You can't build success with a constantly rotating coaching staff. That's the way Cleveland did things for so many years when they were the perennial losers. The next coach, whoever it is, needs to be given several years to try to build the team back up into a cohesive unit.
I see overly involved owners to be one of the biggest problems is most sports. You hired a coach, and possibly a general manager, to run the team, it’s their job and the owner just needs to get out of the way and let them do their jobs. It’s the base problem in Dallas, Jerry Jones wants to be the coach and keeps bringing in people to be his mouthpiece on the sideline instead of hiring someone good and getting out of the way. Same issue in Washington with Schneider, Yankees and old Steinbrenner, Cleveland, Chicago Bears, Phoenix Coyotes, and probably Many others that I’m just not familiar with the circumstances. I know these people have spent an ass-ton of money to be the boss, but most of the time they need someone to tell them to hire good people and get the hell out of the way and you’ll meet the ROI goals you want.