[Music] Nostalgia Critic: The Top 11 F*** YEAH Movie Themes

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vi...a-critic/35864-the-top-11-f-yeah-movie-themes

Not gonna lie to you, I just f***in' love this piece of the Critic's. I think I'll have to keep these in mind when picking a soundtrack for the Pathfinder campaign I plan to run in the fall. Either a Youtube play list or... hmm... are there any movie themes available for iPod? I've been thinking of finally getting that.
Anything that's a sound can be available for iPod. Might want to specify.

I am still scratching my head over that list. Especially the quote about there was nothing in Star Wars that got you to jump out of your seat... wtf?

He even admits that T2 theme is just 5 notes,5 notes,5 notes,5 notes,5 notes,5 notes,5 notes,5 notes,5 notes,5 notes...

Dave

Staff member
Even in the middle of a video?[DOUBLEPOST=1342548950][/DOUBLEPOST]Besides, I was already annoyed with the "MUSIC! MUSIC! MUSIC!" in between each number. Fucking annoying.

I have Adblock and I have never once seen a commercial in the middle of his videos. It goes black, then continues as normal. Kind of funny actually because sometimes he leads into the commercial, but nothing happens so it just looks like he is crazy.

I quit watching when I saw the words "Nostalgia Critic"

what's the list?
Honorable mention: Star Wars theme (good, sure, but not quite as much "fuck yeah" good as the rest)
11. Lord of the Rings theme
10. James Bond theme
9. Mission: Impossible theme (both mixes from the first movie, not so much the Limp Bizkit version)
8. Terminator 2 theme (not the theme, just the 5 beats)
7. Indiana Jones theme/Superman theme (thinks they sound really similar, Superman slightly better)
6. Pirates of the Caribbean theme
5. Mortal Kombat theme
4. Rocky theme
3. Batman theme (1989 Elfman version)
2. Conan - Riders of Doom (lame scene, awesome music)
1. Back to the Future theme

7. Indiana Jones theme/Superman theme (thinks they sound really similar, Superman slightly better)
Seriously? Naaaah-nahnahnaaaah-nah-nah-nahhh sounds like nah-nahna-naaaaaaaah-nah-nanaaaaah? Similar instruments, but if that's enough, they both "sound like" the Star Wars Podracing Theme. And they don't.

Similar number of notes--don't sound alike at all.

Also, him saying he can't think of a point where the Star Wars main theme kicks in during a big moment... someone forgot the friggin' Death Star run.

Hm.

NC has been waning on me lately. I think the last time I had a good laugh at him was when Diamanda Hagan guest starred in the Heavy Metal review...and I think it was Hagan that was carrying the laughs in that one.

He;s gotten into a bad habit of over explaining his jokes/points of view, thus killing them. It works sometimes (Soundwave bit from the transformers. Some hated it, I thought it was perfect.), but most of time it's like...I don't know.

This one is pretty lazy though and kinda boring, especially since the subject matter is so subjective.

I'm hoping recent NC's aren't telling of that the 4th year movie is like.

NC's hit and miss for me. I hated the Optimus Prime review, but he's still not bad some times. I find his hit/miss ratio is growing more and more towards miss.

Personally, the only one on the site I tend to enjoy the most these days is Nostalgia Chick. Her videos aren't overly long and she doesn't just go over the plot. And she's not even remotely as annoying or trying as hard as just about the majority of the rest of them.

As a comics fan, I keep wanting to watch Linkara's stuff, but they're just too stupidly long, rarely insightful, too many forced jokes, and extended overly long with his stupid over-arching plots.

Aw, I love Linkaras over arching plots. :p

I like OanCitizen and CinemaSnob as well. Used to love Phelous but lately I can't get into him so I just stopped watching. Paw is also pretty good.

NChick is hit or miss for me..but lately she hits a lot more than she misses. :p

Aw, I love Linkaras over arching plots. :p

I like OanCitizen and CinemaSnob as well. Used to love Phelous but lately I can't get into him so I just stopped watching. Paw is also pretty good.

NChick is hit or miss for me..but lately she hits a lot more than she misses. :p
Re Phelous: The Man's Best Friend video last month was one of the funniest I've seen in a while.

I'm finding more and more that many of the "reviewers" simply summarize the plot and offer nothing in the way of either criticism or analysis. That's why my favorites on the site right now are OanCitizen, Film Brain, and NChick as they actually offer deconstructions and analysis of the films, not just a recitation of the plot with jokes thrown in.

I am still scratching my head over that list. Especially the quote about there was nothing in Star Wars that got you to jump out of your seat... wtf?
He didn't even mention the best song from the Star Wars soundtrack:

More awesome than the theme and used in the middle of the movie. It's even officially "Vader's Theme"

No excuse for not including any Star Wars music in the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.