not so serious but I want to rant II: Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was commenting more on the responsibility of leaders than their actual effectiveness, but I suppose it really doesn't matter.

I have been browbeat into submission of not caring ;)

You're right, poor choice of words.

I've lost interest in arguing on the subject and was never really interested in spending a page doing it.

Oh, believe me, I'm probably not right. If I manage to get anything right today it's only the cold medicine sneaking through my haze and using it's scientifically proven formula to spit out something that might make sense.

M

makare

I have to drive home tomorrow and Im really scared the roads will be bad. Between the bad roads and the wind it can be pretty terrifying. :(

C

Chazwozel

I have to drive home tomorrow and Im really scared the roads will be bad. Between the bad roads and the wind it can be pretty terrifying. :(

It's South Dakota, just drive in straight line and you'll get home. :)

M

makare

I never used to be afraid of driving under any condition until I rolled my car a few years ago. Now I have this really visceral fear of icy roads... and death I guess. Actually I'm less afraid of death than I am of paralysis or something like that.

M

makare

The point of the forum is to post. Just don't be afraid if someone is a jerk to you. It's probably not personal.

Keep on truckin'.

Rant: I hate wanting to post, yet feeling very awkward because I am not a distinguished member yet D:

I WILL GET OVER IT LIKE A MAN.

..or a socially awkward kitten.
I know you haven't been around long enough yet to realize it yet, but none of us are distinguished. We're just members.

Yes, that was intentional. :D

About 3 years ago my wife was in an accident on the Milwaukee bypass, just as it hooks back up with I94. She has a lot of trouble driving on the freeway even to this day.

M

makare

As I was saying to someone the other day, after my accident I watched that episode of House where the bus rolls. I got such sudden and extreme vertigo that I almost passed out. I couldn't finish watching it. Car accidents, well any accident probably, are very very traumatic.

M

makare

Rant: I hate wanting to post, yet feeling very awkward because I am not a distinguished member yet D:

I WILL GET OVER IT LIKE A MAN.

..or a socially awkward kitten.
Just fake it. It's what I do.[/QUOTE]

I Knew it! :(

new rant

my sister just texted me. she took our cat in to get shaved (yay shaved pussy jokes) and the groomer said the cat has a lump we should get checked out.

this is the rant, WE DID! Gwennie gets shaved every year and every year the groomer says she has a lump you should get it checked out. Lady I did the vet said it is fine. Gah.

I am the only one who showed up for my department today :/
That means you get to run around nekkid and no one will know.[/QUOTE]

Get revenge on your lazy jerk co-workers and stinkpalm their mouses ;)[/QUOTE]

Thought about doing something like that but I figured since I am the only one here today they would kinda know who did it (I may still do it anyways :) )

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

I am the only one who showed up for my department today :/
That means you get to run around nekkid and no one will know.[/QUOTE]

I may be the only one for my department but there are still quite a few people here for other departments so i don;t think that would go over very well.

North_Ranger

Staff member
I was at the side of the road today, trying to turn into my home apartment building's courtyard to park. I give right of way to a pedestrian (as I should), but then when she passes, this fucking cyclist comes out of nowhere, full speed, and damn near rams the side of my car. Thank God for fast reflexes on my part, otherwise it would have been an awful mess. He definitely saw I was trying to make the turn, it was a busy street, it's slippery as hell - and the damned two-wheel terror just HAS TO bloody make it.

Sometimes I hate cyclists... especially in my own neighbourhood. They're making it impossible to get anywhere because they keep driving in front of cars like they have a death wish.

Sometimes I hate cyclists... especially in my own neighbourhood. They're making it impossible to get anywhere because they keep driving in front of cars like they have a death wish.
I hear you brother.

What I love is that even if the car is obeying the rules and the cyclist comes out of nowhere and smashes into the car the driver is automatically to blame. I've seen so many accidents on the campus where the driver had no chance to avoid that dumbasses on their bikes and yet THEY are the bad guy.

My sister's cell phone stopped working today. Now she has some pictures she wants to back up before she takes the phone in. So anyways I get a call from my brother asking me if they can use my laptop to transfer the pictures from her phone to the the laptop. I instantly replied back with a flat no. I told him that it was my laptop and I don't like the thought of people using it without me around. Also it would require me telling him my password and I really don't feel comfortable doing that. So than he gets mad at me telling me that I should let him cause his laptop isn;t working and they just want to move some pictures. I reply with a "no" again and he calms down a bit but I can tell he is pissed off at me. Am I crazy for not wanting to give a family member my password to my laptop and let them use it without me around?

figmentPez

Staff member
I search through a lot of pictures for the cosplay thread, and sometimes I pass by a photo just because I can't decide if the cosplay is good or bad because I don't know what it is. Last night I kicked myself for passing by one of those because I figured out what it was cosplay of, and that it was awesome. Now I have to search back through who-knows-how-many pages that I've already been through, hoping that Flickr won't bork and screw up the search results. I hope the pic I'm searching for is at least decent, sometimes thumbnails that look promising turn out to be crap.

North_Ranger

Staff member
My sister's cell phone stopped working today. Now she has some pictures she wants to back up before she takes the phone in. So anyways I get a call from my brother asking me if they can use my laptop to transfer the pictures from her phone to the the laptop. I instantly replied back with a flat no. I told him that it was my laptop and I don't like the thought of people using it without me around. Also it would require me telling him my password and I really don't feel comfortable doing that. So than he gets mad at me telling me that I should let him cause his laptop isn;t working and they just want to move some pictures. I reply with a "no" again and he calms down a bit but I can tell he is pissed off at me. Am I crazy for not wanting to give a family member my password to my laptop and let them use it without me around?
No. You are not. I am the same way, wanting to keep my private life and my own files to myself.

No. You are not. I am the same way, wanting to keep my private life and my own files to myself.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

Only my wife has access to my computers, I mean, if I can't trust her, well, then I got bigger problems right?

You know how I get around this? I have a "guest" account sitting there for anyone who wants to log in. It wipes itself clean when they log out and they can't do any damage. I'm sure Windows has something similar.

Same here. The way I've handled it is to set up a Guest account on my laptop. If anyone else needs to use my comp for something, they can use that.

edit: Damn, ninja'd.

No. You are not. I am the same way, wanting to keep my private life and my own files to myself.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

Only my wife has access to my computers, I mean, if I can't trust her, well, then I got bigger problems right?

You know how I get around this? I have a "guest" account sitting there for anyone who wants to log in. It wipes itself clean when they log out and they can't do any damage. I'm sure Windows has something similar.[/QUOTE]

I keep telling myself to set up a "guest" account but I keep putting it off. But after today's incident I will probably go ahead and make one as soon as I get home.

I don't play WoW. I don't understand it, I don't get the appeal, I don't know the lore, the history, it never sucked me and I don't want to know about it. I don't know the slang, it's like an entirely new language to me.

I'm not ranting about that. But! I am ranting about my friend who only talks about WoW, skips class to play WoW, gets depressed about WoW, and insists on doing all these things to me despite the fact that the only thing I can possibly say is "I...see..." since it makes no sense to me at all! She has friends who play WoW, friends in WoW, so why? Why is she telling me? I have explained time and again that I don't care, and I don't want to hear about it because it makes the conversation very dull and one-sided but she insists on it!

AGGGGH JUST SHUT UP ALREADY I DON'T CARE THAT YOUR GEAR IS T5. I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEEEEEEEEEANS!

Status
Not open for further replies.