Export thread

oh John, dear, dear John. Really??

Andromache

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1634418/story.jhtml

Transformers 3' Nabs John Malkovich, Frances McDormand, Ken Jeong
Director Michael Bay announces casting additions on his Web site.
By Josh Wigler

Although story details for "Transformers 3" are under wraps, director Michael Bay has made no secret about some of the actors slated to join the third entry in the action-movie franchise. According to the filmmaker, Frances McDormand, John Malkovich and Ken Jeong are the latest actors embarking on the battle between the Autobots and the Decepticons in the upcoming "Transformers" installment.

"Both [McDormand and Malkovich are] amazing actors I've always wanted to work with," Bay wrote of the latest casting additions on his Web site, going on to describe Jeong as a "super funny actor."

Jeong's part is unknown, but Deadline New York reports that McDormand will play "a big role" as a national intelligence director. Malkovich, meanwhile, has signed on to star as the boss of Sam Witwicky, Shia LaBeouf's character in the franchise. Megan Fox reprises her role as Mikaela Banes.

In addition to the casting announcements, Bay revealed that pre-shoots on "Transformers 3" will begin in approximately a month, with the movie set to film in a wide variety of locations including Los Angeles, Chicago, Africa, Russia and China. As for what causes such a globetrotting adventure, there's no word on what the "Transformers" sequel has in store for the fans.

Josh Duhamel, who reprises his role as Major Lennox in the third film, was pleasantly surprised by the recently finished screenplay. "Some really cool stuff happens," he told MTV News. "They put a lot of time and thought into this. What I think is really cool is they went back into the history of 'Transformers.' They didn't really make anything up. They're using stuff that actually existed in the story from before."

from the look on his face, he must have lost a bet in a card game with Bay.

General Specific

General Specific

Back into the history of the series, huh? That can only mean Unicron.

Dave

Dave

John Malkovich and Frances McDormand?!?

An Oscar winner and someone who was nominated twice? In a fucking Transformers movie?

-meh-

MEH, I say!

Rob King

Rob King

I can't wait for the flame wars that a new Transformers movie will bring.

Andromache

"What's that? You have artistic dignity and standards, you say?" *sound effects* "Well, I have all the money in the world. Remember that retirement villa your oscar statue couldn't buy you? This paycheck can buy ten."

I haaalf think its a hoax. but the above is more likely.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Although story details for "Transformers 3" are under wraps,
:laugh:

Frank

Frankie Williamson

John Malkovich will play the wacky boss, Frances McDormand will play the wacky national intelligence director and Ken Jeong will play the hilariously racist wacky chinese guy.

Called.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Although story details for "Transformers 3" are under wraps,
:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Heh, I laughed, too. It's cute that they think there's a "story" in these movies.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I am not gonna begrudge those three talented people for making some huge fucking cash without having to do any acting whatsoever

crono1224

Maybe this one will win like 7 Oscars, the last one was robbed.

ElJuski

ElJuski

I am not gonna begrudge those three talented people for making some huge fucking cash without having to do any acting whatsoever
Gotta make a paycheck somehow!

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

If Michael Bay threw a ton of cash at me, I'd play the right ball of that big Decepticon.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Yeah but you don't exactly have alot of dignity to lose.

Troll

Troll

Well gosh, if Malkovich is involved maybe this won't be a god-awful atrocity like that last film. I highly doubt it, though.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Now all we need is Gary Oldman going "Decepticon's butt"...

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Yeah but you don't exactly have alot of dignity to lose.
Yeah, I do. Okay. Not really. I'd probably do it for free.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I wanted to say "oh man I can't believe they'd sign on after how awful 1 and 2 were" but then I remembered Malkovich was in Eragon. Sometimes you just need that extra paycheck.

Espy

Espy

Although story details for \"Transformers 3\" are under wraps,
:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Andromache

I wanted to say "oh man I can't believe they'd sign on after how awful 1 and 2 were" but then I remembered Malkovich was in Eragon. Sometimes you just need that extra paycheck.
supermega rich villians villas on the coast of the Riviera are expensive

Gusto

Gusto

Pearl Hard with a Vengeance

ElJuski

ElJuski

Well gosh, if Malkovich is involved maybe this won't be a god-awful atrocity like that last film. I highly doubt it, though.
Jesus himself couldn't turn Transformers into a worthwhile franchise.

Null

Null

Well, to be fair, a lot of Jesus' previous films weren't exactly fantastic movies either.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Just like Micheal Caine in Jaws 3. Brilliant actor, terrible film, but it bought him a fantastic house.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Jesus himself couldn't turn Transformers into a worthwhile franchise.[/QUOTE]

OPTIMUS! TURN THE OTHER CHEEK!!!!

Null

Null

Michael Caine was in Jaws IV. Dennis Quaid was in Jaws III I'm pretty sure, but he's not a great actor.

KCWM

KCWM

What!?! Dennis Quaid not a great actor!?!??! Innerspace? Enemy Mine? Frequen...

Right. Though, Enemy Mine is a fun movie, DQ is not a great actor.

Andromache

Michael Caine was in Jaws IV. Dennis Quaid was in Jaws III I'm pretty sure, but he's not a great actor.
What!?! Dennis Quaid not a great actor!?!??! Innerspace? Enemy Mine? Frequen...

Right. Though, Enemy Mine is a fun movie, DQ is not a great actor.
For his role in Far From Heaven:

Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actor
Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Male
New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Supporting Actor
Online Film Critics Society Award for Best Supporting Actor
Nominated — Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture
Nominated — Phoenix Film Critics Society Award for Best Supporting Actor
Nominated — Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actor - Motion Picture
Nominated — Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role

Null

Null

Yeah. I enjoy a lot of his work, but he's not 'great'. He's good. Hell, I rather liked Undercover Blues, Enemy Mine is still a favorite movie of mine.

bigcountry23

bigcountry23

Well, to be fair, a lot of Jesus' previous films weren't exactly fantastic movies either.
And no one ever talks about the bootleg "blue" films he did in college.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I only read the OP, but I gotta say, if they can sign this kind of talent, maybe I should finally get around to seeing these Transformers movies. Should I get them on Blu Ray? I've never seen any of Micheal Bay's movies that I know of, but I've heard his attention to detail is worth really getting the full experience from.

Troll

Troll

I only read the OP, but I gotta say, if they can sign this kind of talent, maybe I should finally get around to seeing these Transformers movies. Should I get them on Blu Ray? I've never seen any of Micheal Bay's movies that I know of, but I've heard his attention to detail is worth really getting the full experience from.
I don't say this lightly. Transformers 2 was the worst movie I've ever seen in my life. It's not even something that's bad in a funny way; it's just insulting to the audience. Of course your mileage may vary. My advice is to watch them if you want, but don't pay money for them.

Andromache

I thiiiink funsize was being subtle and sarcastic, which is why I deleted my post stating the same thing, A Trope.

Troll

Troll

I thiiiink funsize was being subtle and sarcastic, which is why I deleted my post stating the same thing, A Trope.
My ability to read sarcasm has been all screwed up lately for some reason.

Andromache

I think it's your guilty conscience for not revealing your identity, Atoll. I think if you just tell everyone, the release will be cathartic

Troll

Troll

Okay. I'm actually Invader.

Andromache

no idea who that is. nice try though, Atrophy

Espy

Espy

How many "serious" and oscar winning/nominated type actors have done Uwe Boll movies?

Fun Size

Fun Size

I don't know if that's fair though. I mean, at this point, working with Boll is like working with Ed Wood. You know it's not going to be good. You're hoping for bad enough to be legendary.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Boll shovels huge lump sums of money at the actors, I doubt highly it has anything to with "acclaim".

Espy

Espy

Yup. Even after you win your oscar bitch still gotta pay bills.

Dave

Dave

Or leave your dumbass whore of a husband.

Null

Null

Maybe ditching that glorified welder means she won't have to do an absolutely terrible movie to follow up her oscar, though.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Or leave your dumbass whore of a husband.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like she left him shortly after the wedding. It is difficult to stay faithful when your spouse willingly lives 1,000 miles away.

Calleja

Calleja

wait, who are we talking about now?

Espy

Espy

The bike guy who married the Speed chick and then boned that nazi tattoo chick.

Seriously, try and keep up Mex.

Calleja

Calleja

wait, sandra bullock's husband cheated on her?

Null

Null

wait, sandra bullock's husband cheated on her?
Yes. With a tattoo model who did a Nazi cosplay shoot.

Andromache

i like sandra bullock. thats all.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I am glad she won an Oscar. I might be less glad when I see The Blind Side, but for now, I'm happy for her.

Andromache

Her Oscar acceptance speech was the best. But I mean, she's willing to work with Keanu Reeves more than once (Lake house) so props for that.

Null

Null

Mangler served her ice cream once (he was part time at Amy's, which is apparently THE place for ice cream in Austin, TX) and said she seemed very nice. I like quite a few of her movies.

Also, she had the class to show up for her Razzie right before going to get her Oscar, so that shows she can laugh at herself, and give a definitive and elegant Fuck You at the same time.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I've said it before:

Sandra Bullock is the worst, overrated actress of our time. She needs to stop pretending she's Julia Roberts and keep pretending like she's not the Uwe Boll of Female Actresses.

Null

Null

Sandra Bullock can act. Julia Roberts just smiles like she's got a corn cob shoved up her ass.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Wow. That's like saying "Shia LeBeuff can act. Denzel Washington just shrugs and scoffs at everything".

Seriously. Just wow.

Null

Null

Well, I disagree. I don't want to argue about it, I just disagree. I like a lot more of her movies than I do Julia Roberts' body of work.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I think they're pretty equal? Erin Brockovich : Julia Roberts :: The Blind Side : Sandra Bullock

Cajungal

Cajungal

I've never been able to get really excited about either one. I've enjoyed movies that they both were in, but not so much that I gush about it.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I've never been able to get really excited about either one. I've enjoyed movies that they both were in, but not so much that I gush about it.
Pretty much this. They're not terrible or anything, I just don't look forward to movies they do since most times it's something I don't think I'll be interested in seeing.