Oh Spain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey beautiful people :)

Just an update as I need to ventilate:

Remember I was living in Ibiza?
Well, I was living with crazy people, it kind of got unbearable so I left. Now I'm a refugee in Valencia where I can't really do much since I'm in a place with no public transportation or access to a car, I'm broke and I have 5 days to find a place to stay in Barcelona until September when I'll be flying back to Mexico.

I have to say I'm a little depressed, I didn't expect things to go like this and being broke sucks, specially because I'm going back to Mexico where I don't really have anything (not even a house to go back to) and I'll have to start from scratch once again and I have no idea how I'll do it.

On the other hand: I've had a lot of fun here. I took amazing photos, I met wonderful people and saw beautiful places.

So I guess it all balances out even though my current situation is quite stressful.

Here's my flickr page if you want to see some of the pictures I've taken :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31034562@N04/

Lots of love and paella to all of you. :)

Peut-être pas fap fap fap mais c'est beau a regarder quand même. Des fois de me rappel de ma jeunesse quand j'ai habite a Alicante, trop jeune évidemment pour en profiter des belles femmes et la vie mais je voudrais retourner pour mes noces possiblement a Barcelone.

En tout cas elle a des crisse des beau yeux et les cheveu châtain son aussi charmantes. Et la paella, ah oui.... de la paella au poulet et au crevettes, miam.

Aww, un romantique. Je n'ai jamais voyagé en Espagne mais j'ai entendu la même chose. Beaux femmes, beau pays.

N'oublie pas la bonne bouffe! Je suis assez certain de retourner d'ici 2 ans et faire un trajet Barcelone/Paris.

Ton français et pas trop pire par hasard, as tu appris ça a l’école?

Est-ce que 'par hasard' ça veux dire 'by the way?' En tout cas, j'aime beaucoup cette conversation... Je souhaite que je pourrais parler en français couramment.

C'est évidemment une belle langue. C'est dommage on na pas pu sortir pour un verre quand t’était en Montreal. Et oui, ça veux dire "by the way".

Wow. You really know how to use that camera. Geeze. I wish I had half of your talent.

On topic... no way to get a flight back earlier? I thought you had family in Mexico?
Either way... good luck and stay safe Morphine.

N'oublie pas la bonne bouffe! Je suis assez certain de retourner d'ici 2 ans et faire un trajet Barcelone/Paris.

Ton français et pas trop pire par hasard, as tu appris ça a l’école?
Mes cousins habitent près de Montréal à Valleyfield et la famille de ma épouse habite à Beauceville. Ils parlent francais quand nous les visitons. Autre que cela, Français Avancé dans le lycée. Je l'écris bien meilleur que je le parle.

Dave: thanks, I hope so too!

Espy: thanks! I do have family but, you see, my mom threw me out about a month before I left for Spain so... I'll have to crash at someone else's place again and well I feel a little crappy about that.
I can change my flight but it costs me about 200 dlls and that right now is a lot for me :/
I don't know, I'm still figuring it all out.

And everybody else: why are you speaking french in my thread?! ; _ ;
I understand nothing ; _ ;

Dave: thanks, I hope so too!

Espy: thanks! I do have family but, you see, my mom threw me out about a month before I left for Spain so... I'll have to crash at someone else's place again and well I feel a little crappy about that.
I can change my flight but it costs me about 200 dlls and that right now is a lot for me :/
I don't know, I'm still figuring it all out.
Gotcha. Sorry I wasn't aware of that... guess it's not something that can be patched up huh? Well, even if you have to crash at someones place, and I'm sure you have folks who love you and will help out, you'll get on your feet one way or the other. I know it's hard to stay positive when life seems to be hitting you but you will get through this.
Remember:

:)
And everybody else: why are you speaking french in my thread?! ; _ ;
I understand nothing ; _ ;
Thats probably for the best.:Leyla:

Morphine, I have your back. If you ever need to use some French, here is a phrase you can, and should, whip out ALL THE TIME: "Voulez-vous couchez avec moi?"

Also, aren't SJ and Tegid somewhere around Barcelona?

Also also, hope things work out.

Allen I read your comment with Christina Aguilera's voice. You sound sexy.

SJ and Tegid are in Barcelona, SJ I think won't be there the entire month though but he helped me out telling a friend about me so I could rent a room but in the end it didn't work out for me. I really hope I get to see them anyways!

La prochaine fois, mon ami! Je dois retourner, car j'adore cette ville.
Tu me dois une poutine. Et j'obtiens toute mes dettes de poutine.

Mes cousins habitent près de Montréal à Valleyfield et la famille de ma épouse habite à Beauceville. Ils parlent francais quand nous les visitons. Autre que cela, Français Avancé dans le lycée. Je l'écris bien meilleur que je le parle.
Ben laisse moi savoir quand tu sera dans le coin la prochain fois. Je te promais on va parler en anglais. :)

Morfina!

Hi!

Hope everything works out and I'll concur that those pictures are beautiful! I don't know if you've been checking around the forum/my Facebook/my Twitter, but soon I'll have a picture to show you.

J'aime bien cette nouvelle direction pour le langue.

Morphine: Glad to hear that you've been having a reasonably good time on walkabout, despite the recent downer... I know things will start looking up for you, and soon. Just keep your eyes open for opportunities, then strike! Like the cobra!

"Voulez-vous couchez avec moi?"
Wow, I didn't realize that particular phrase was so widely used in US pop culture.

Morphine - The pictures are stunning. I have to take thousands of pictures to get even a handful that look half as good as yours. Very, very cool - thanks for sharing!

Life is what you make of it. Yeah, you have no money, and you're stuck someplace with little flavor, but I'll bet that you can still make an adventure out of it.

If you can't think of anything to do, I challenge you to find and photograph 5 different blue things:

- Something to eat
- Something to burn
- Something that makes an unpleasant noise
- Something smaller than your smallest fingernail
- Something that can harm you

Is there an hostel somewhere close to you? Those are usually free and full of international students and backpackers just trying to get by.

Is there an hostel somewhere close to you? Those are usually free and full of international students and backpackers just trying to get by.
Nothing's free. Actually since I'm staying for a month it's way cheaper for me to try to get someone to rent me a room in an apartment so that's what I'm looking for, hostels are good for one or two weeks.
Added at: 04:06
Wow, I didn't realize that particular phrase was so widely used in US pop culture.

Morphine - The pictures are stunning. I have to take thousands of pictures to get even a handful that look half as good as yours. Very, very cool - thanks for sharing!

Life is what you make of it. Yeah, you have no money, and you're stuck someplace with little flavor, but I'll bet that you can still make an adventure out of it.

If you can't think of anything to do, I challenge you to find and photograph 5 different blue things:

- Something to eat
- Something to burn
- Something that makes an unpleasant noise
- Something smaller than your smallest fingernail
- Something that can harm you
I'm glad you liked my pictures! :)

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Update:
I caught a ride to Madrid.
Everybody said Castilla is such a dry place, nothing to see, bla bla... but the road from Valencia to Madrid is INCREDIBLE. it's filled with Sunflower fields, I went crazy, it's beautiful

Madrid is really cool! I had churros with chocolate at Puerta del Sol like a true turist n_n

I ended up changing my flight back to Mexico for August 16th so tomorrow at 1am I'll be leaving to Barcelona to spend my last days there.

It's been good times.

Spain: thank you for being so much fun and please don't be so expensive next time I'm here.

Status
Not open for further replies.