Export thread

Old Picture Thread

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Like the New Picture Thread, but we're doing this bitch Throwback Style!

First up from me: Christmas 1981!

Dei

Dei

I just deleted an awesome throwback on my phone to make room for videos. Dang! Will have to wait until I am not on vacation.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I was about 12 or 13 and wearing my first pair of pointe shoes.

Lisa12.jpg

Sorry that picture is huge.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Here's a super throwback, a picture from the 70's of my dad and his siblings, when he was almost the exact same age that I am now.

He's in the front left

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

You need to post that on dads were the first hipsters.[DOUBLEPOST=1396550100,1396550033][/DOUBLEPOST]

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

You need to post that on dads were the first hipsters.[DOUBLEPOST=1396550100,1396550033][/DOUBLEPOST]
You used to be a german shepherd?

Emrys

Emrys

Here's a super throwback, a picture from the 70's of my dad and his siblings, when he was almost the exact same age that I am now.

He's in the front left

It's Creedence Clearwater Revival! :aaah:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

You used to be a german shepherd?
Yep, now Ima Lab.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

He's in the front left
You've posted this before and I'm STILL surprised the women don't have beards. It's just not right.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Here's another old shot, of a young Poe posing for part of a series of family photos with the before-mentioned Dad. I wonder where I got the beard from.

Please note, picture quality is terrible because it's a cell-phone photo of a framed picture on the wall.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Y'all get a twofer! *grins*

Me at 17, studying at school. This was shortly after I sprained my ankle, so there's some crutches off to the side.

This one's from 1986 or so... standing with a daughter of one of my mom's best friends... I had a bit of a crush on this girl for the longest time, growing up. We still stay in contact, which is a lot more than I can say for many friends in my life.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Oh I forgot I had this! I was almost 3 and had won a trophy for having the curliest hair in our 4-H fair's baby parade.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

ERMAGERD! SHERLY TERMPLE!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

ERMAGERD! SHERLY TERMPLE!
I got that a lot, especially once I started taking dance lessons. Now my daughter gets it instead. She has no idea who Shirley Temple is yet.

fade

fade

He's in the front left

Aww. You have your daddy's beard.

LittleSin

LittleSin

hollyxmas.jpg

Me at about three, during Christmas. Check out my rockin' Ecto-1.

hollygarden.jpg

Not sure how old I ma here but I think the dress is cute!

hollyapril.jpg

My and my little sister at 17 (I think) and 14 (I think).

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Baby Cheesy!
Dave 4 Months Old.jpg

In a sailor outfit!
Sailor Baby Dave.jpg

In the hospital with leukemia. :(
Dave with IV.jpg

First day of school with my little brother and sister!
Dave Dan Becca First Day School.JPG

LittleSin

LittleSin

17 years old me just got called fat on tumblr by an anonymous douche.

Maaaaaaaaan, if they think I was fat THEN well...wait until they see me now.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

@Cheesy1 You were wearing a Turtles shirt and Zumba pants? Oh you poor, poor kid.

(Mind you, this is coming from someone who hated wearing jeans and ONLY wore sweat pants right up until Grade 7.)

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

@Cheesy1 You were wearing a Turtles shirt and Zumba pants? Oh you poor, poor kid.

(Mind you, this is coming from someone who hated wearing jeans and ONLY wore sweat pants right up until Grade 7.)
That was my little brother.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

That was my little brother.
Whoops. Looked at everything too quick.

But I still stand by that "poor kid" remark. :p

Cajungal

Cajungal

Fun!

I shoulda stayed so cute.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Like Duracell, always the copper top
babyCZ.jpg

Bonus! She-Ra cosplay! .....or Halloween. Whatev.
SheRa.jpg

Piotyr

Piotyr

Oldest pic of me I can find electronically at the moment...in Germany in 1999, over 15 years ago:

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

17 years old me just got called fat on tumblr by an anonymous douche.

Maaaaaaaaan, if they think I was fat THEN well...wait until they see me now.
Anonymous people are asshats. Then again, I used to get called fat to my face when I was 12 or 13 (you saw that pic above of me in my ballet outfit, right?).

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

GasBandit

GasBandit

This is a photograph (of a photograph) of myself and my father, taken when I was.. about 3, maybe almost 4 I think. My parents had been divorced since I was 2, and there was lots of bad blood between them. Mom got full custody AND child support, with dad getting kinda shafted on visitation. One day he picked me up from day care (I can even vaguely remember it because it was so out of the ordinary) and took me straight to a photo studio, and got a series of photographs taken of us together, and a couple of just him, for me to have in my room, because he was afraid if my mother had her way I'd forget what he looked like.

I'm still very close to my Dad.

Also, my hair stopped being blonde when I turned 7 or 8 or so.

tinybandit.jpg

Man, I remember that batman shirt, too. That was one of my favorite shirts. I got the carrot sticker for good behavior. It had moving googly eyes that I thought were the best ever.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

This is a photograph (of a photograph) of myself and my father, taken when I was.. about 3, maybe almost 4 I think. My parents had been divorced since I was 2, and there was lots of bad blood between them. Mom got full custody AND child support, with dad getting kinda shafted on visitation. One day he picked me up from day care (I can even vaguely remember it because it was so out of the ordinary) and took me straight to a photo studio, and got a series of photographs taken of us together, and a couple of just him, for me to have in my room, because he was afraid if my mother had her way I'd forget what he looked like.

I'm still very close to my Dad.

Also, my hair stopped being blonde when I turned 7 or 8 or so.

View attachment 14443

Man, I remember that batman shirt, too. That was one of my favorite shirts. I got the carrot sticker for good behavior. It had moving googly eyes that I thought were the best ever.
Aww, that's a cool story, your dad looks like a totally cool dude.

Re: Blonde hair. I used to have blonde hair too, it changed to brown at some point in my childhood.

WTF genes?

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I was blonde until I was 6 or so. I also used to have dark brown eyes. They changed to a green-brown hazel by the time I turned 20.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Someday I ought to get around to scanning in all our old family photos.

Gusto

Gusto

It's been brought to my attention that I don't really age. The profile picture I've got on Facebook is nearly 10 years old, and another was taken in 11th grade, which was 11 years ago.

They are good enough pictures, and representative enough of how I look today, that I use them on my dating profile.

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's gonna be creepy when you're 70. "Grandpa, why is your face smooth?"

fade

fade

Fun!

I shoulda stayed so cute.
Holy moly. Are you sure you're not related to the Onebanes? They're a Cajun family in Lafayette and you are a dead ringer. I know I asked you that before.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Holy moly. Are you sure you're not related to the Onebanes? They're a Cajun family in Lafayette and you are a dead ringer. I know I asked you that before.
Definitely not. Boudreaux, Lege, Langlinais, and LeBlancs, mostly. But I have so many cousins you never know.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Aww, that's a cool story, your dad looks like a totally cool dude.
He was, and is. I owe my interest in computers and video games to him. When I was little (like the picture) and he got to take me somewhere, he always took me to a video arcade whenever he could. In my protospeech, I called it "boom." Because that was the noise most of them (centipede, space invaders, etc) made when I played them.

fade

fade

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

1994[DOUBLEPOST=1396628362,1396628254][/DOUBLEPOST]Waiting for @Grytpipe-Thynne to upload some cave wall paintings.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Jeez, only two years difference? That hair grew FAST.

Celt Z

Celt Z

It's like in 2 years time, you discovered alt-rock, or grunge, as it were.

(Not trying to make fun, but it's like looking at a time capsule of the 80's transition into the 90's.)

Grytpipe-Thynne

Grytpipe-Thynne

2014.jpg

1992.jpg

1939.jpg

OK Fade, with the help of Fred and Barney I have copied a few primitive images. As I am now, with wife and one of several grandsons. My second marriage July 4 1992. At my grandparents Golden Wedding anniversary July 15 1939.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

3rd grade

1992ish

Around 1995ish...

GasBandit

GasBandit

The Navy turned you into Dermott Fictel!

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Graduation Day in the band room, 1996:
High School Gang.jpg

Emrys

Emrys

A fellow band geek. What instrument did you play?

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Saxophone and French Horn.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Trombone

:unibrow:

fade

fade

I half expect to see little @Cheesy1 with a goatee.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Nope, still with the pencil stache then.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

How many of us were band geeks?? I feel like there's a lot of us on here. Should I get to posting my band pictures? :)

GasBandit

GasBandit

I was not in band, though many of my friends were. It was determined that playing a small instrument was probably not for me in the 3rd grade, when in a fit of frustration at not being able to hit certain notes without squeaking, I bit my recorder in half.

What stuck with me most actually was piano lessons. I actually did very well at music theory.

Dei

Dei

I was in Color Guard for marching band, I was in chorus in High School, but I liked to dabble and learn a little bit of every instrument just for fun.

grub

grub

Trombone in HS. Piano and mandolin sometimes but mostly guitar now.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I was in Color Guard for marching band, I was in chorus in High School, but I liked to dabble and learn a little bit of every instrument just for fun.
I also did Color Guard! As for instruments, I play the piano.

But man, lots of musical/band geek-y people here.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Color Guard here, too! I did try the flute for a couple of years, but I decided I preferred singing over playing an instrument, so chorus/concert choir was my music choice.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I can play a kazoo....

Can I still hang out in the bandroom? :oops:

Emrys

Emrys

I can play a kazoo....

One of us! One of us!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

The Navy turned you into Dermott Fictel!
Actually, it turned me into MacGyver...

jwhouk

jwhouk

You want "old pictures", huh?
The woman sitting on the right, with her sister in her lap?

That is my great-great grandmother.

Attachments

Just Me

Just Me

I can play a kazoo....

Join me and together we can rule the galaxy.

Or more like, play our instruments and clear people out of rooms that way...
Also, I was forced to learn accordion in my early teens.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Also, I was forced to learn accordion in my early teens.
Hey, don't knock it. Look how it turned out for Weird Al. :D

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Puttin on the Ritz!

Just Me

Just Me

Took me a while to get on this train. No scanner availabale, so I had to get a new battery for my camera and take pictures of pictures.

Prepare to go back to the time of atrocious window dressings and wallpapers, in this case the year 1970!
The place is my maternal grandparents house, I wish we still had those vintage lamps around.

That dashing young fellow is me, the guy feeding me is my dad :)

The nice young lady is my mum.

I could stand upright, but I probably would have rolled as well...

1977, wallpapers still atrocious. My first day of school, obviously my great-grandmother is way more enthusiastic than I...

Tress

Tress

You look like a perfect copy of your dad (at least your avatar picture does).

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Puttin on the Ritz!
Actually I think I sang that song while wearing that...

Emrys

Emrys

The year was 1987. I had to march in 100F+ heat. That's the only reason I'm giving for the hair.
Year book.jpg

GasBandit

GasBandit

The year was 1987. I had to march in 100F+ heat. That's the only reason I'm giving for the hair.
That hair comes with its own soundtrack by Michael Sembello.

Emrys

Emrys

That hair comes with its own soundtrack by Michael Sembello.
<not sure if this is or isn't an insult, so am holding the doomweasels in reserve>
angry ferret.jpg

GasBandit

GasBandit

<not sure if this is or isn't an insult, so am holding the doomweasels in reserve>
View attachment 14575
Look, I know you're just a small town girl on a saturday night looking for the fight of your life, but there's no reason to be a maniac.

Emrys

Emrys

I was not a maniac, maniac on the floor.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I was not a maniac, maniac on the floor.
I wasn't exactly an Automatic Man myself, but I can say with Gravity that if we go Backwards In Time, Dangerous Questions might put you on the Road to Lonely.

Emrys

Emrys

<swoon!>

GasBandit

GasBandit

Was going through some old stuff... found this picture of me and my younger brother when I was 18 (and he was 10)

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Your brother looks like every likeable nerd friend in 80/90ss movies. (The Haircut/Glasses combo)

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

1987...heh

GasBandit

GasBandit

Your brother looks like every likeable nerd friend in 80/90ss movies. (The Haircut/Glasses combo)
Oh, he was such a twit. Still is, to a degree. I guess you could say he was a nerd, he ended up majoring in engineering. He never seemed to suffer the social stigma of it, though. He was socially very outgoing, had several girlfriends by an age I hadn't even had one yet, played soccer and ran track. The real funny thing about it all is, no sooner does he graduate college then he joins the peace corps, withdraws his savings, cashes in his CDs, and tries to open a bar in Uganda. Fortunately that fell apart before he'd actually sunk any appreciable amount of money into it, so he came home and now he's doing well as an investment advisor. Putting that engineering degree to use, right?

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

1987...heh

It doesn't matter what picture you post of old you, they all look like MacGuyver.

Emrys

Emrys

@GasBandit, on the other hand, looks like a young Wolfman Jack.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

It doesn't matter what picture you post of old you, they all look like MacGuyver.
oh yeah???

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Yep I just see young Richard Dean Anderson.

Gusto

Gusto

Was going through some old stuff... found this picture of me and my younger brother when I was 18 (and he was 10)

Sorry, but:

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sorry, but:

Did you know that the kid that played Fuller in home alone (the one who would wet the bed if he had too much pepsi) was Macaulay Caulkin's RL little brother?

Gusto

Gusto

Did you know that the kid that played Fuller in home alone (the one who would wet the bed if he had too much pepsi) was Macaulay Caulkin's RL little brother?
Yup, Kieran, who later went on to place Wallace Wells.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Yup, Kieran, who later went on to place Wallace Wells.

And the actor who played Buzz made a "documentary" in 2007 in which he attempted to win the heart of Condoleeza Rice.

Gusto

Gusto

And the actor who played Buzz made a "documentary" in 2007 in which he attempted to win the heart of Condoleeza Rice.

I found out about that maybe a year ago, and said the following:

David

David

This was 9th grade, the 2003/2004 school year. Everyone called me "Harry Potter" that year.

david03_1.jpg

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Getting ready for senior prom 1989
prom1.jpg

It took my mom almost an hour to straighten my hair this much.

Celt Z

Celt Z

There's something about your photo that makes me think of this

But you said "going to prom", so it's more like this, isn't it?

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

It felt more like Sixteen Candles. My boyfriend and I just got back together two week before the prom.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

My mom's got a whole bunch of old photos on FB.

This is probably very early 90's (91 or so, maybe), not sure exactly when. My younger brother, me, and my dad in an old bowling alley in Michigan. It was abandoned but never torn down. Still have a pool ball from the place.

Mid 90's, again not sure exactly when.Probably like 1995 or so.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

My aunt posted this on facebook, probably from 1971 or 72. I'm on the right.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Kags in high school ya'll!!

It was dress up day for Marching Band and every section had to have a theme, which for 35 Color Guardians was hard - we were all a version of Barbie. And I was Work-Out Barbie. Oh, SO MUCH PINK! Also, back when I was tan.

Krisken

Krisken

My wife and I after we got engaged.

Erin and me.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1398402958,1398402590][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, rare (like, most pictures disappeared) image of me as a little kid.

Me little.jpg

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

December 2003
trevishawnlisa.jpg

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Me, John Rhys-Davies, and my friend Nick at GenCon 2003.
John Rhys-Davies.jpg

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

My mommy and me:
Mom and Baby Dave.jpg

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Old picture...nope, not that one, nobody else needs to be exposed to that "suit" again... Not that one, just because... here's one

Spring 1987, my (at that time) future wife on the right...

Celt Z

Celt Z

1st- that's adorable
2nd- you've probably heard this before, but you look a lot like your mom. :)

Dei

Dei

That couch. Did anyone NOT have that couch in the 70s/80s?!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

That couch. Did anyone NOT have that couch in the 70s/80s?!
Haha! Ours was that same material, but in red & black.

Bowielee

Bowielee

My aunt just posted this picture of me, my brother, my sister, and one of my childhood friends on facebook.

I'm the one on the right in the kicky little red shorts.

bill dale betsy.jpg

GasBandit

GasBandit

Was cleaning up some stuff last night and found this, my old High School student ID.

seniorid.JPG

Jesus, look at me! HOW was I not DRIPPING in bitches?!

PatrThom

PatrThom

HOW was I not DRIPPING in bitches?!
MHS, dude.

--Patrick

fade

fade

First name starts with either an I or an L. Lawrence?

GasBandit

GasBandit

First name starts with either an I or an L. Lawrence?
You're assuming they went "First Last" on the label.

GasBandit

GasBandit

MHS, dude.

--Patrick
Malignant hyperthermia susceptibility?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Malignant hyperthermia susceptibility?
I'm sure that would've taught you something.

--Patrick

Dei

Dei

I know that GB's first name has come up before. It started with neither I nor L.

fade

fade

I tried to figure out his name once. I mean I invested all of 10 minutes of googling in it. The funny thing is it's the mystery that makes it interesting to go after. If he just came out and said his name was Bob McSugartits, I wouldn't care. Well, not for the same reasons, anyway.

Dei

Dei

I mean it has been flat out said either from a link or on the forum.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Two people know my full real name and location, and one of them actually got it by detective work.

fade

fade

Bob. McSugartits.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Bob. McSugartits.
Close. Bert.

BErt

What a stupid name...

PatrThom

PatrThom

Bob. McSugartits.
Close. Bert.
Aha! It's...Bert McAspartame?

All this time you've had us chasing red herrings!
42e3e425a14bc5e1.jpg

--Patrick

Simfers

Simfers

The quality is rather horrible because it's a cell phone picture of a picture hanging on my fridge, but this is me and my little sister when I was 16 (and she was 11):

IMG_20141014_164522_edit.jpg

This would be in... 1996 or so. We've both changed quite a lot.

Dei

Dei

Oh shit, slap band and backwards hat, all she is missing is the flannel shirt over her tee and she would be authentic 90s.

fade

fade

Hey, look! It's back when cartoon network was still awesome.

Simfers

Simfers

No flannel, but not pictured is her stuffed Bugs Bunny that she carried EVERYWHERE she went.

I'm sorry, I have a bit of nostalgia stuck in my eye...[DOUBLEPOST=1413323508,1413322976][/DOUBLEPOST]Here, while I'm at it, here's a picture of a picture of me when I tested for my first black belt, in Olympic Tae Kwon Do. This would be in 2002 (note that I still have the same glasses). I'm in the middle. The older gentleman on the right held pads for me to kick during the exam, while the big black belt on the left wound up being my sparring partner. I remember him hitting like a frickin' truck. I also have no idea what that weird gunk is on my left pectoral...:confused:
IMG_20141014_174542.jpg

(Edited because I hit Post too quickly)

GasBandit

GasBandit

*Hypercolor Tee.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Welp, it's Throwback Thursday, so I'm necroing this thread!

Back to 2005, when I went to New York and got knocked out by Rocky.

In retrospect, it looks more like I'm doing a Greg Land-like pornface. I imagine @Cheesy1 will find ways to exploit/photoshop this.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Welp, it's Throwback Thursday, so I'm necroing this thread!

Back to 2005, when I went to New York and got knocked out by Rocky.

In retrospect, it looks more like I'm doing a Greg Land-like pornface. I imagine @Cheesy1 will find ways to exploit/photoshop this.
Man, Stallone has had a -lot- of plastic surgery.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

These are my maternal grandmother's parents and sisters. My grandmom is the shortest one, third from the right.
Ford.jpg

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Got a hold of my baby book (for any future parents, please don't glue your kids' birth certificates in there! Getting a passport later in life will not be fun.) and found a pretty stellar baby picture.

Baby Kags everyone. :D

Haha, so chubby! :heart:

Emrys

Emrys

Adorable then and adorable now.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Got a hold of my baby book (for any future parents, please don't glue your kids' birth certificates in there! Getting a passport later in life will not be fun.) and found a pretty stellar baby picture.

Baby Kags everyone. :D

Haha, so chubby! :heart:
Great Elora Danen cosplay, Kags.

--Patrick

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Great Elora Danen cosplay, Kags.

--Patrick
AHAA! Yes! :D

GasBandit

GasBandit

My stepdad had a bunch of our old home movies digitized onto DVD, and sent me a copy of the set.

So here's a picture of 4 year old GB getting read a story by his grandmother.

I forgot how blonde I was when I was a kid. It turned brown pretty fast after I got to be about 10 or 12, though.[DOUBLEPOST=1437523854,1437523582][/DOUBLEPOST]THE ORIGIN OF A LIFELONG INTEREST. PC MASTER RACE FOR LIFE YO

[DOUBLEPOST=1437524201][/DOUBLEPOST]1987: I HAD A BABY BROTHER! AND HE WAS PERFECT! SHINY AND CHROME!

[DOUBLEPOST=1437524712][/DOUBLEPOST]Christmas 1988: Ever so briefly, Playing With Power (tm).

[DOUBLEPOST=1437525170][/DOUBLEPOST]Uhm... I don't remember this part of the family.

Ha ha ha.. ok, apparently SOMEBODY (shifty look) must have decided to tape over part of the VHS tape with a copy of the old animated Return of the King adaptation... and nobody caught it before the tape was sent in to be digitized...

Celt Z

Celt Z

Ha ha ha.. ok, apparently SOMEBODY (shifty look) must have decided to tape over part of the VHS tape with a copy of the old animated Return of the King adaptation... and nobody caught it before the tape was sent in to be digitized...
Just think, if it had been Return of the Jedi, no one would have noticed the difference. :D

GasBandit

GasBandit

Just think, if it had been Return of the Jedi, no one would have noticed the difference. :D
If only my childhood HAD involved lightsabers and spaceships. It would make putting up with Ewok jokes a cakewalk :p

PatrThom

PatrThom

It's hard to recognize you without the beard.

--Patrick

Null

Null

See, I thought this was going to be a thread where the forum photomanipulation maestros took current pictures and shooped them so we look old.

fade

fade

lilgas_ph.jpg

PatrThom

PatrThom

I didn't know those old Compaqs came with SVGA color monitors!

--Patrick

Dei

Dei

My grandmother gave me a pile of old pictures and I found a marching band picture from the year we won state, some number of years ago that is definitely not nearly two decades ago. (I'm in the middle)

IMG_20151127_144302.jpg

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Apparently, I once bared a striking resemblance to Gary Busey.

Nick TBT Gary Busey.jpg

Null

Null

Apparently, I once bared a striking resemblance to Gary Busey.

View attachment 20256

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Dei

Dei

Oh god, the weird 80s mustache.

fade

fade

And the acid wash.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Oh god, the weird 80s mustache.
That was the only kind of stache I could grow back then

Grytpipe-Thynne

Grytpipe-Thynne

Me, rear right, at RAF Tech School, seventeen years old.
Me 17..jpg

Me, hiding behind glass, early twenties.
Me Celle.jpg

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

These are awesome!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Me [...] at RAF Tech School
Well, this explains the sig.

--Patrick

Cajungal

Cajungal

Handsome devil.

fade

fade

Now when you say early twenties...

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Me, hiding behind glass, early twenties.View attachment 20331
I'm not sure about you, because you're hidden behind the glass, but the other three look really drunk.

Also, really cool pics. I bet you were quite the lady killer. And judging from your post in the other thread, are still a lady killer.

Grytpipe-Thynne

Grytpipe-Thynne

Well, this explains the sig.

--Patrick
Well done. I had expected comment on that before now.[DOUBLEPOST=1454199971,1454199883][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm not sure about you, because you're hidden behind the glass, but the other three look really drunk.

Also, really cool pics. I bet you were quite the lady killer. And judging from your post in the other thread, are still a lady killer.
A Gentleman doesn't tell.:cool:

Dave

Dave

Dude, these pictures are amazing! More!

Emrys

Emrys

A man in uniform! <swoon>

PatrThom

PatrThom

Well done. I had expected comment on that before now.
There are flyboys and then there are fanboys, and I didn't want to assume either incorrectly.

--Patrick

Grytpipe-Thynne

Grytpipe-Thynne

A man in uniform! <swoon>
NOW it happens, sixty years too late!!

Grytpipe-Thynne

Grytpipe-Thynne

Dude, these pictures are amazing! More!
Just a couple Dave, I don't want to monopolise the thread.

Me 20.jpg
Suave in Italy.

Me Pit.jpg
Relaxing in Germany.
Me Holland.jpg

Being ecstatic with the sheer luxury of the accommodation provided while attached to the Dutch Marines.

PatrThom

PatrThom

View attachment 20337 Relaxing in Germany
It might be unavoidable. You might have more pictures than the rest of us.
Also, I'm not sure if the Germany pic reminds me more of Harry Houdini or Dr. Strangelove.

--Patrick

Emrys

Emrys

Also, I'm not sure if the Germany pic reminds me more of Harry Houdini or Dr. Strangelove.

--Patrick
I came up with both of those too, especially Strangelove. Glad I wasn't the only one.

Grytpipe-Thynne

Grytpipe-Thynne

I came up with both of those too, especially Strangelove. Glad I wasn't the only one.
I reckon Strangelove. But then I'm a Peter Sellers fan.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

View attachment 20336 Suave in Italy.
Is that a Fiat 600? I love those cars.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Is that a Fiat 600? I love those cars.
Looks like it's actually the Jagst variant (can just see what is probably the chrome "Jagst" logo to the R of the license plate).
Yay, Internet.

--Patrick

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

All right @Officer_Charon, I'm ready for you.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Celt Z

Celt Z

I was going through some old photos, and I found this! Taste the 90's-ness of it all!

img180sm.jpg

This was my entry for Wizard Magazine's 2nd or 3rd annual costume contest (1995). The costumes were made over one weekend, using only a few Spawn comics and some action figures as reference.

Sadly, this isn't one of the better photos. All the good shots were mailed in, although I think we may have missed the submission date by a day. :( And my mother lost the negatives (ah, the days before digital), so I never got to make more copies. I'm amazed this one still existed. I really wish I still had some of the better cemetery shots, or the ones we took on the top of a parking deck to get the whole city. (And by city, I mean New Brunswick, because I wasn't walking around NYC dressed like that!)

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I did something similar on FB once when the big Throwback Thursday thing was to post pics of yourself as a kid. I posted this pic of a zygote.
human-development-zygote.jpg

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

From 1990, when me and my family went to Florida. MGM Studios had a place set up to do this, including a big wardrobe of costumes. This was the result of mine. :D

tbt pwi.jpg

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead!

Nick, Age 6! From 1984.
Nick Age 6 1984.jpg

jwhouk

jwhouk

(cue "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth"...)

Dave

Dave

I graduated high school and joined the Marines in 1984.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I was born in 1984.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I graduated high school and joined the Marines in 1984.
I'm_like_the_cryptkeeper.gif

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

This was me in '84

greg_freshman.jpg

PatrThom

PatrThom

You look like a person with some kind of death wish.

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

It's amazing how much can change in 2 years. (Me on the far right, if you couldn't tell)
thegang.jpg

PatrThom

PatrThom

It's amazing how much can change in 2 years. (Me on the far right, if you couldn't tell)
View attachment 22655
Charles-Bronson-in-Death-Wish.jpg

Yeah, the later picture of you looks even MORE like him.

--Patrick

Celt Z

Celt Z

View attachment 22655
Getting contacts will do that to ya.

GasBandit

GasBandit

The pictures I previously posted on page 4 were from 1983 and 1987, sooo... I guess average them out and there ya go.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Getting contacts will do that to ya.
Nah..I was just vain enough to go around blind for a few years. I can't wear contacts.

BErt

Found this rookie card looking through an old drawer, I should probably get it PSA graded. i mean, it says All Star right at the top there...

IMG_3721.JPG

jwhouk

jwhouk

GOLDBERG!

BErt

GOLDBERG!
Hey, fuck you :p

I was at least good, I wasn't only the goalie because I was fat like Goldberg

Honestly i miss playing, but i just dont think i can justify purchasing all the pads again

PatrThom

PatrThom

Hey, fuck you :p

I was at least good, I wasn't only the goalie because I was fat like Goldberg

Honestly i miss playing, but i just dont think i can justify purchasing all the pads again
I usually ended up in goal because I was better than anyone else on my team at tending, I just enjoyed playing defense more.

--Patrick

BErt

I usually ended up in goal because I was better than anyone else on my team at tending, I just enjoyed playing defense more.

--Patrick
I loved playing net. There was always a place for you in pick up games because nobody else wanted to. And you got some pretty cool bruises lol

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

IMG_9797.JPG
Yes, believe it or not, this is us. Before hair bleach and grey hair.

Krisken

Krisken

You've inspired me @Squidleybits, here is my wife and I when we got married, more than 10 years ago-

Yes, she is prettier than I am :)

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I'm necro'ing this thread because I discovered a bunch of old pictures on my Photobucket account. Remember Photobucket? I remember Photobucket. I used it all the time for LiveJournal. Remember LiveJournal? I remember LiveJournal.

So, not sure if I've ever shown this frightening photo, but me in 2000, when I thought having blonde bangs would be cool. (It wasn't.)
2000 - blonde bangs oh god why.JPG
TINY DIOMEDES! (2004)
2004 - Diomedes Kitten 3.jpg
And then there's this from Easter 2006.
Easter 2006 What 5.jpg
And one more, from 2004. Apparently, I thought this was badass and cool. (Again: it wasn't.) I was going for a "'General? Would you care to step outside?' pose."

But goddamn, I miss that massive Crisis on Infinite Earths poster. I think I threw it away when I moved to Toronto.
SuperNick.jpg

Celt Z

Celt Z

I'm necro'ing this thread because I discovered a bunch of old pictures on my Photobucket account. Remember Photobucket? I remember Photobucket. I used it all the time for LiveJournal. Remember LiveJournal? I remember LiveJournal.

So, not sure if I've ever shown this frightening photo, but me in 2000, when I thought having blonde bangs would be cool. (It wasn't.)
View attachment 25132
I have to find it again, but we have a picture of Mr. Z from around the same time period with almost the same hair. Why did you guys insist on doing that to yourselves?! :D

PatrThom

PatrThom

They wanted to look like DiCaprio?

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hah, my best friend did the same thing then, too! His girlfriend (now wife) got him to do it.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

You guys are gonna laugh. Do you know what I was trying for? Seriously, full disclosure. I've NEVER told anyone this:

I was obsessed with the younger version of Cable at the time. Nate Grey. X-Man.
x man.jpg
And I thought "Hey, white bangs look cool. Let's see if I can pull off blonde like that."

I couldn't. And it was terrible.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

In the Easter pic you look like Booji Boy.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Screw it. I shared them on Facebook and Twitter. Here's a few more. I'll put them behind spoilers. And edit the other post so they're not taking up so much scrolling room, either.

2006. UUUUUUGH. I tried way too hard to look like a badass for far too long. The part of Vin Diesel will now be played by...
April13017.jpg
2006. UNCROSS YOUR ARMS, IDIOT! IT LOOKS TERRIBLE.
Nick-suit.jpg
NO! STOP! THAT'S WORSE!
Nick-suitandshades.jpg
2006. When I went bald for the first time and I have NO clue what I'm doing here.
NickLuthor2.jpg
2007. Okay, 2006 was bad. Surely 2007 can't be...OH FOR GOD'S SAKE, 2007 NICK. NO PANTS DAY IS NOT A THING ANYMORE (I think.)
May 7 2007 No Pants Day.jpg

Celt Z

Celt Z

You guys are gonna laugh. Do you know what I was trying for? Seriously, full disclosure. I've NEVER told anyone this:

I was obsessed with the younger version of Cable at the time. Nate Grey. X-Man.
View attachment 25137
And I thought "Hey, white bangs look cool. Let's see if I can pull off blonde like that."

I couldn't. And it was terrible.
You know what? This is a decent reason. Mr. Z didn't even have a good reason.

Null

Null

Wasn't that around the time that little shit from Home Improvement had the frosted bangs and was on the covers of all the teenie bopper magazines?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

This is a decent reason.
I based my hair off a bad 90s reject character. There is no such thing as a decent reason in this context!

GasBandit

GasBandit

This is the picture my parents have of me on the refrigerator. This would be about 1998 or so, and I'm posing with my grandmother.

0826170815-1.jpg

Dei

Dei

Well you *are* wearing the 90s uniform.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Man, I was wearing flannel back in the 70s. Flannel shirts aren't what they were back then, they used to be thick and warm. Now I have to wear a jacket when it gets cold here. You know, about 65 degrees.

PatrThom

PatrThom

And nobody seems to know where the camera is actually located.

--Patrick

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

How do you know he's wearing combat boots and torn jeans? :D

PatrThom

PatrThom

How do you know he's wearing combat boots and torn jeans? :D
You can see it in his facial hair expression.

--Patrick

Null

Null

I was just thinking, I wore that exact same type of shirt and t-shirt all the time.

GasBandit

GasBandit

You just wish your boyfriends were swass like me.

PatrThom

PatrThom

You just wish your boyfriends were Swatch like me.
FTFY

--Patrick

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Ye Olde Backyard Skateboard Ramp. We actually had a pro-tour come and skate the ramp.

My Mother just found out the lumber was stolen... on Facebook.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Looks...splinter-y.

--Patrick

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Na, the danger was the loose nail heads stopping your board at 30 mph.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ye Olde Backyard Skateboard Ramp. We actually had a pro-tour come and skate the ramp.

My Mother just found out the lumber was stolen... on Facebook.
Stolen to make the ramp, or stolen from the ramp?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Stolen to make the ramp, or stolen from the ramp?
Actually both. My brother and a cadre of friends stole the lumber to build the ramp. Once the boys were done with the ramp, my father stole the lumber to build a shed.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Actually both. My brother and a cadre of friends stole the lumber to build the ramp. Once the boys were done with the ramp, my father stole the lumber to build a shed.
:notes:"It's the ciiiiiiiiircle of liiiiiiiife..."

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Did I ever tell you guys how my brother lost his spleen? ^that's how.

fade

fade

:Leyla:

Far

Far

I have and never will be cooler than this.

13613328_10154369395802079_7603783035331347102_o-1.jpg

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Luckily, we're all wearing our parachute pants, so we're safe! :p

Dave Bec Dan Parachute Pants.jpg

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

It's been 9 years since I introduced Gremlins to my niece. My other niece, her sister, joined us once she was old enough. Now it's my favorite annual tradition.

FB_IMG_1545412567325.jpg

Emrys

Emrys

It's been 9 years since I introduced Gremlins to my niece. My other niece, her sister, joined us once she was old enough. Now it's my favorite annual tradition.

View attachment 28290
You have got to be the best uncle ever.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Sorry to necro this thread. Facebook Memories popped up with this old pic of me. Cripes, it doesn't feel like 12 years ago. This was the summer I was a bike courier. Biking all over Toronto, every day, for hours. I look so frigging lean. I was probably in the best shape of my life then.

FB_IMG_1658891633899.jpg

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

It's throwback Sunday. I'm going through old pictures with my sister and discovered this. Not sure what year, exactly, but I'm thinking early 90s.

This is with my old dog, Digby, and my sister's dog, Raffi.

The "collar" is actually handcuffs from My Pet Monster, linked together to make a collar.

20231008_160055.jpg

Dei

Dei

My parents are visiting this weekend, and showed me this old pic of me and my brother.
IMG_8678.jpg

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

It's throwback Sunday. I'm going through old pictures with my sister and discovered this. Not sure what year, exactly, but I'm thinking early 90s.

This is with my old dog, Digby, and my sister's dog, Raffi.

The "collar" is actually handcuffs from My Pet Monster, linked together to make a collar.

View attachment 46211
I have a picture that looks almost exactly like this.

It's a little more recent and I won't be sharing it here.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I have a picture that looks almost exactly like this.

It's a little more recent and I won't be sharing it here.
Were, uh, were there dogs also involved?

I mean, no judgment!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Were, uh, were there dogs also involved?

I mean, no judgment!
Dogs, no.
Canines? Welll....

--Patrick

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Me and my brother back in Alaska, rocking our hats while eating our hot dogs on Roman Meal bread.
Young Dave and Dan.jpg