Olympic Games 2024

Eh, I dunno, decathletes would get stomped if they had to compete in each event individually. At least this way there's another avenue to a medal.

Artistic swimming (prev: synchronized swimming), teams: this sport has come a long way in terms of difficulty and well, synchronisation, since I learned. It's so much smoother than it used to be.

That decision to give Chiles the medal for the floor instead of the Romanian athlete was awful. It may have been the correct call but they shouldn't give results until the final numbers are all in and final. That poor girl was wrecked.

That decision to give Chiles the medal for the floor instead of the Romanian athlete was awful. It may have been the correct call but they shouldn't give results until the final numbers are all in and final. That poor girl was wrecked.
When the judges announce the change, you can see Chiles jumping for joy. But in the background you can see that Romanian girl still draped in her flag. Her body language just screams “WTF!”

Apparently though, the underscoring for Chiles was a consistent issue with her not getting credit on her tour jete, and you can only contest difficulty score, not execution score, and there is no instant reply in gymnastics no matter how many videos of the Romanian gymnasts foot not going out out exist.

Yes it sucks, yes they should not have announced the placements before the review was over (This was probably an announcer error), but I don't think they should just award the Romanian bronze because her feelings were hurt.

Apparently though, the underscoring for Chiles was a consistent issue with her not getting credit on her tour jete, and you can only contest difficulty score, not execution score, and there is no instant reply in gymnastics no matter how many videos of the Romanian gymnasts foot not going out out exist.

Yes it sucks, yes they should not have announced the placements before the review was over (This was probably an announcer error), but I don't think they should just award the Romanian bronze because her feelings were hurt.
Totally agree. The optics were terrible, and the Romanian girl was obviously crushed. I am not mad at Chiles. I am upset how they handled the scoring/timing.

I was super pumped to see the Mens 1500m final. That finish was one of the more exciting things I've seen this Olympics.

Apparently if you need a country to throw something far, you call us now.

Gold in both men and women's hammer throw for Canadia, and that's funny.

Man, if fourth places were, like, a Tin medal, Belgium'd be swimming in medals. I've lost count of the amount of sports where we've ended fourth.

Well, two medals for Belgium in the heptathlon. That's awesome. Also the second woman ever to have three consecutive golds in the same category.
And a bronze in taekwondo. Good evening for Belgium so far, overall.

USAG about to go to war over Chiles's bronze fr.

This whole story is a shitshow and IOC trying to strip Chiles of her medal instead of letting them share when it was offered is so fucked.