[Question] On-line stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Dave's new Halforums store got me thinking again about the pathetic state of my school's store. We've been muttering for years about upgrading our apparel, mugs, etc. and selling it to students and alumni, but no one has gotten around to doing it. Most of it looks dated and it sitting around collecting dust. Our centennial is this year, and even our principle/dean is interested in doing something merchandise-wise for it.

Thus, I ask this community - what do you look for in a on-line printer and distributor of goods?

We have a few requirements:
- must ship to Canada, at reasonably cost and at reasonable speed
- cheap, without looking like it
- really really easy to maintain and set up
- (ideally) ethically produced merch (fair-trade, and all that jazz)
- (ideally) able to add some previously existing items NOT from the distributor (I highly doubt this is an option anywhere, but I'd love to clear out our stock room)
There are probably more requirements, but these are the ones I know of.

I've found a couple that look fine enough (cafe press, printfection, printmojo, ecwid [not ideal, but an interesting alternative]) , but I'm not sure how to read through all the buzz-words. Who else should I be looking into?

Dave

Staff member
Obviously I like Printfection. You can print to front/back without getting charged extra as happens with CafePress. Prices are still higher than what you'd get with a dedicated printer service doing bulk orders, but that's the price you pay for things like this. I do not know how Printfection does with Canadian orders.

This is an interesting article on the subject.

We use these guys: http://www.brandalliance.com/home.aspx. It's a Canadian company with locations in the major centres and they do some great stuff. Prices can be a little high but they're more than willing to work with you to source out other options - and then they try to match the prices.

I thought this thread title was One Line Stories. I was very confused as to why everyone was talking about online stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.