Penny Arcade - 4/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
ElJuski said:
ZenMonkey said:
I was a huge fan of Nirvana and felt that Kurt's death (still refuse to call it a "suicide") was a great loss of talent to a world that needed it.
He shot himself in the face with a shotgun. Premeditated, to end his own life. It's a suicide. Dressing it up as anything else is just useless denial.
I was under the impression that the tox screen they performed on his body after his death showed that he had injected himself with such a large dose of heroin that he would have been unable to work the shotgun and blow his head off. This seems to imply that somebody found him and finished the job out of opportunity or that at the very least he had help. Whole thing sounds fishy to me.

T

The Mike

HowDroll said:
Oh, I love Penny-Arcade so, so much.

Also, did anyone see the news post about PAX? I would give my left testicle to go to Seattle and participate.
You don't have testicles, do you?

I

Iaculus

The Mike said:
HowDroll said:

Also, did anyone see the news post about PAX? I would give my left testicle to go to Seattle and participate.
You don't have testicles, do you?
They're in her bottom drawer, next to the frozen pineal glands.

This is a great strip.
Love the Vonnegut quote Juski and I pretty much feel the same way as he does.

AshburnerX said:
ElJuski said:
ZenMonkey said:
I was a huge fan of Nirvana and felt that Kurt's death (still refuse to call it a "suicide") was a great loss of talent to a world that needed it.
He shot himself in the face with a shotgun. Premeditated, to end his own life. It's a suicide. Dressing it up as anything else is just useless denial.
I was under the impression that the tox screen they performed on his body after his death showed that he had injected himself with such a large dose of heroin that he would have been unable to work the shotgun and blow his head off. This seems to imply that somebody found him and finished the job out of opportunity or that at the very least he had help. Whole thing sounds fishy to me.
Got a source for that?

AshburnerX said:
hudeany said:
Got a source for that?
Lots of stuff on the Wiki. Here you go.
is it impossible that he shot himself before the heroin took effect? or does the tox screen say that the heroin was already absorbed?

and if wikipedia says it it must be true.
I dont seem to recall anyone saying that, chief. :eek:rly:

this same sarcastic comment could apply to any source of information.

ElJuski

Staff member
but specifically to a source where a bunch of teenagers and people who loooove believing conspiracies can edit it in.

S

Silvanesti

ElJuski said:
but specifically to a source where a bunch of teenagers and people who loooove believing conspiracies can edit it in.
Thank you, thats all Im saying. A wiki cite doesn't exsactly prove that he was murdered.

ElJuski

Staff member
I just find it highly dubious that the notoriously depressed and conflicted Cobain, who wrote in his diaries extensively about these issues, and, you know, all those songs which talk about suicide and how he's a freak, etc etc.........would be part of a suicide conspiracy.

no part of the article was original investigation, wikipedia isn't edited by teenagers or conspiracy nuts (at least not extensively) and i can't see any real problem with it.

the article provides the alternative viewpoint. it isn't wikipedia's fault that people believe that stuff; wikipedia is just providing the information.

Thank you, thats all Im saying. A wiki cite doesn't exsactly prove that he was murdered.
well if we are being "exsact", the wiki "cite" is just pointing you to other information.

I just find it highly dubious that the notoriously depressed and conflicted Cobain, who wrote in his diaries extensively about these issues, and, you know, all those songs which talk about suicide and how he's a freak, etc etc.........would be part of a suicide conspiracy.
so do i.

I believe Courtney Love to be crazy enough to have killed Cobain.

I believe Cobain to have been crazy enough to have killed Cobain.

We will never know.

Also, the strip, hilarious as fuck.

ElJuski

Staff member
Gurpel said:
no part of the article was original investigation, wikipedia isn't edited by teenagers or conspiracy nuts (at least not extensively) and i can't see any real problem with it.
Okay, I can cede that point. I guess the main thing is that this is one of those conspiracies that people tend to believe, when looking over the obvious facts.

Courtney Love is a crazy, insane woman--I mean, she fucking hid, and then lost, Cobain's ashes in an airport...not to mention how half of it got lost and/or snorted up at a friend's--but I ~~REALLY~~ doubt she's the one behind this huge convoluted conspiracy.

It's not really a huge, convulted conspiracy to think that going after the widow fame + paycheck she found him all drugged up and decided to just shoot him right then, and then act surprised.

I mean.. I did it with stuff I broke as a kid! "No mom, I have no idea how that vase fell! Must have been the wind!!"

Calleja said:
It's not really a huge, convulted conspiracy to think that going after the widow fame + paycheck she found him all drugged up and decided to just shoot him right then, and then act surprised.

I mean.. I did it with stuff I broke as a kid! "No mom, I have no idea how that vase fell! Must have been the wind!!"
This is my viewpoint as well. It's not like I think he was forcefully injected with Heroin and then Cox blew his head off while cackling madly about the millions she'd be able to make in the wake of his death... I just think it's entirely possible that somebody found him like that and finished the job, for whatever reason they had.

ElJuski said:
Yes, as a kid. With a vase. Not your husband, and your child's father's, head.
Yeah, but I'm not a coked-up, psychotic, psycho-everything whore, y'know?

I mean.. it'd be a stretch on most people.. but Courtney Love? Psycho city. It wouldn't surprise me at all, is all I'm sayin'.

AshburnerX said:
Calleja said:

This is my viewpoint as well. It's not like I think he was forcefully injected with Heroin and then Cox blew his head off while cackling madly about the millions she'd be able to make in the wake of his death... I just think it's entirely possible that somebody found him like that and finished the job, for whatever reason they had.
This just in, Courtney Cox killed Cobain.

TO WIKIPEDIA

S

Shazam

As a huge Nirvana fan, this made me sad.

But it also made me laugh very very hard.
I think it's great how the shotgun looks like a lightgun.

CynicismKills said:
AshburnerX said:
Calleja said:

TO WIKIPEDIA
Cite this thread.

Gusto said:
CynicismKills said:
AshburnerX said:
Calleja said:

TO WIKIPEDIA
Cite this thread.
The latest developments in the suicide case reveal that ex-Friends star Courtney Cox may have been the one to pull the trigger on Cobain. It is also believed she might have forced him to take heroin. [citation needed]

Is it safe to talk about the strip, still, with all this SERIOUS DISCUSSION?

Because I thought it was funny.

Q

quandofloo

Shazam said:
As a huge Nirvana fan, this made me sad.

But it also made me laugh very very hard.
I think it's great how the shotgun looks like a lightgun.
That's why I found it so funny. I was 16 when Nirvana hit big. I am a huge fan.

ElJuski

Staff member
Calleja said:
ElJuski said:
Yes, as a kid. With a vase. Not your husband, and your child's father's, head.
Yeah, but I'm not a coked-up, psychotic, psycho-everything whore, y'know?

I mean.. it'd be a stretch on most people.. but Courtney Love? Psycho city. It wouldn't surprise me at all, is all I'm sayin'.
It's still hell of an action and hell of a coverup, for all of these years. And let's just say she IS that batshit insane. The cops gotta be fucking morons for not figuring it out. No, I believe this still falls under one of those stoned kid's going, "Whoah that makes sense, mann" kind of rumors.

Once again, there is a whole library of music that Kurt Cobain made which pretty much diagnoses this very thing happening. "Jesus Don't Want Me For A Sunbeam" isn't about how Courtney Love was setting him up to overdose and get shot, neither.

-- Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:19 pm --

Or the poignant track "I Hate Myself And Want to Die"

What the hell do you want pineal glands for, anyways?

You're not a witch using them for some sort of cauldron stew potion thing, right? hahahaha, the very idea is hilarious! I crack myself up.

You're not though, right?

Are you? :paranoid:

are you?

C

chakz

HowDroll said:

Also, did anyone see the news post about PAX? I would give my left * to go to Seattle and participate.

Well its not like you can't get another one....

......well.... unless it has sentimental value that is.

D

DougTheHead

Krisken said:
ElJuski said:
Krisken said:
Just not sure anything is funny about suicide.
If you say so, it must be true :eyeroll:
I wasn't making a declarative statement like you did.

Guess it isn't a personal subject for you like it is for me.
And the lesson, kids, is this: If you add enough ambiguous qualifiers to your statements, no one is EVER allowed to make fun of them.

DougTheHead said:
Krisken said:
ElJuski said:
Krisken said:
Just not sure anything is funny about suicide.
If you say so, it must be true :eyeroll:
I wasn't making a declarative statement like you did.

Guess it isn't a personal subject for you like it is for me.
And the lesson, kids, is this: If you add enough ambiguous qualifiers to your statements, no one is EVER allowed to make fun of them.
Fine. I have two dead uncles who shot themselves a week apart from each other.

Feel better, dick head?

Heh, think about it this way: dying from an overdose is a lot less ... 'noble' (for lack of a better word) than going out with a "bang". Maybe, yes, someone decided to pull the trigger when they knew he was already a goner.

Status
Not open for further replies.