[Comics] Penny Arcade's Strip Search

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm impressed that they went with a final challenge like that. I'm not sure how the results episodes will translate to video, though...

I'm hoping that we get a few more "behind the scenes" clips for each sontestant, and then they present their ideas to the creators, or perhaps intersperse the "making-of" into the presentation itself.

Really excited for this!

Man, I don't know how good the strips are, but Maki, of the three left, is a hell of a cartoonist. They kept what Katie and Abby did so much more in the dark (Katie especially, all we saw from her stuff was some sketches).

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought "All the C and all the D" was the most quote-worthy moment of strip search.

I'm super glad Katie won. She won fucking Star Wars style too. She turned off her targeting computer and put the torpedo in the exhaust shaft of victory with nothing but a pencil and paper.

Very entertaining finish.

Jerry with a cakeface casually commenting "Are you not amused?" killed me. I died.

I was so hoping for Abby to win. I hope her comic still gets made, because I really want to read it.

That said, I can't argue with their reasoning. Katie had been a strong contender the entire time, and she definitely puts out a consistent quality in her strips.
[DOUBLEPOST=1371645925][/DOUBLEPOST]

I was happy with any of them winning, really, and Katie had my favourite strip idea of the three. I love Abby's sense of humour in JSPH but I'm not sure if it'll come across as much in something non-autobiographical. Still looking forward to both though - Abby is Kickstarting The Last Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.