Please critique my Kickstarter video

I'm doing another Kickstarter for an electronic thing that probably will be of little interest to most of you, but I'd appreciate feedback on the video itself. It's a simple Kickstarter that'll only last a week and won't solve all my financial issues, but it'll help and so while I don't want to spend forever on it, I do need it to be reasonable enough that the poor production values don't scare away people who would otherwise be interested.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Hmm, I think you need to lay out the use cases a bit more. It isn't obvious who you are selling this to. It seems like you dive into the technical aspects quite deeply, where this might not really be necessary. I think the potential users need to know, even see in action, what they are getting.

It sounds like a nice project.

I had a few concerns:

* The example doesn't really say how the knobs solved your problem. Presumably they did this by providing discrete adjustments that the user could feel switching between stops.
* Although the code required is trivial, I wonder if it would be worth making an arduino library anyway. This would make it sound less intimidating to a beginning user.

I think you could lose the beginning part with the other forms of user feedback. It kind of muddies what you're trying to say, because it sets up (from the images) that maybe you're developing a form of touchscreen, but then it turns out it's a dial. Presumably, your user base will already know about different forms of user interfaces and what tactile interfaces are, so it's not really adding anything they wouldn't know. I think you could jump right in with your situation of "Several years ago, I was approached by a musician to design.." and get right to what you're making. At most, just point out that haptic feedback is important on devices (the feedback you got from the musician does a good job of making that point, maybe expand on that?).

You're also relaying a lot of information in a short time, so it may help to put some "bullet-point" type text on the screen to highlight the features of the device as you describe them. I watched it a few times, and I didn't really get a sense of what exactly the switch does other than it's adjustible from 2-12 positions. What exactly is the feedback the user will receive? Physical clicks? Sound?

Otherwise, your production values are fine. The various shots of the device look good. It's a good choice of music and it's set low enough to not compete with your voice. The video of yourself is a bit dark, especially against the dark background, so maybe adjust the lighting in the room if you film again? But it's not critical.

kickstaeter is stressfull eh. have you had a previously successfull campaign?
Yes, but it was six years ago and was more of a community/charity thing:

And it was a ton of work, as well as additional cost since I didn't account for all the costs as well as I should have. Learned a lot from it, though, and got a blue make magazine editors choice ribbon at the maker faire.

yeah these things are stressfull and there are always costs that you dont take into account untill you are well into the midst of it.

The Kickstarter was approved so I can launch any time now.

I'd appreciate any feedback you can give be on the Kickstarter, here's a preview link:

The video has been revamped, but I'm unlikely to change it again, anything else about the Kickstarter is up for suggestions.[DOUBLEPOST=1490223385,1490223347][/DOUBLEPOST]I'll probably launch tomorrow.

The Kickstarter was approved so I can launch any time now.

I'd appreciate any feedback you can give be on the Kickstarter, here's a preview link:

The video has been revamped, but I'm unlikely to change it again, anything else about the Kickstarter is up for suggestions.[DOUBLEPOST=1490223385,1490223347][/DOUBLEPOST]I'll probably launch tomorrow.
I can't see the vid. I've tried both Firefox and Safari with ad/Flash blockers turned off.

I couldn't see it either but now I see the Kickstarter widget and I can click through to see your video. It is lightyears better. Very good! And good luck!

I can see the Kickstarter widget now, too.

Nice job! It's now very clear what it is and what it does. The examples of the similar dials (like the washing machine) makes it very obvious what its function is. Your explanation of setting up and using your device is very informative and gets to the point.

Good luck!