Export thread

Plenty of Fish (dating site)

Necronic

Necronic

So I recently got out of a long relationship (~2.5 years, maybe 4 months ago) and have been messing around with dating sites as a supplement to other methods of chasing tail, and I have to say, Plentyoffish.com is absolutely amazing. Every other site I have been to has been pretty crappy, at least the free version. Geek 2 Geek had some promise, but too few people and limited free access. Craigslist gets me so many spam bots its ridiculous. Yahoo personals had too many a-type -bags. POF is fantastic though.

I've never really been out with someone I met on one of these until this last week, and already things are looking good. Of course, always have to keep the nutjob geiger counter on, make sure appropriate distance is maintained, and all that other stuff.

Anyways, not sure why I am posting this, but its been pretty tits. Anyone else here used that one, or have any other sites they have had good luck with? Or just interesting stories associated with meeting someone online?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

No idea what the online dating world is like these days, but I met my current GF of almost 7yrs online so it can't be all bad.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I met a gf on OKCupid. It's pretty good.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm glad you found something that's working out. It's a really good name for a dating website. I've never done anything like that myself, but I've never been as opposed to it as a lot of people I know. I figure as long as you're still getting out in the world, and as long as you have common sense about the information you disclose, it can be a good experience. So good for you. I hope you have fun. :)

phil

phil

I, too, have used Okcupid with...I wouldn't call it great results as I never found any of the girls I met interesting enough to continue seeing, but I did meet them.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I've heard good things about soulgeek, though I've never used any dating site.

fade

fade

I met a girlfriend online once. Of course, that was on a text-based telnet chatroom in 1994 before most people had even heard of email or the web.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I met a girlfriend online once. Of course, that was on a text-based telnet chatroom in 1994 before most people had even heard of email or the web.
Heh, I met a girlfriend in a telnet based MUD, so an actual dating website would be far more normal by that comparison.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Met my fiancee on OKCupid.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Am now tempted to give it a try. Albeit I've noticed I attract the strangest people. My date history includes a psycho, a fucked-up goth, clingy people and a midget.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Any strong relationship I had that began online began on a forum, not a dating site.

But I did end up dating one girl off OkCupid. The spark ran out after a month, but it was a fun and memorable month.

A

AgentUp

OKcupid is probably your best bet. It has some really good options, and shows things like how often someone replies to a message.

Online dating might be easier these days now that it is more socially acceptable, I started doing it in 2005. However, as far as dating, I don't think there is a better medium to find a match.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Am now tempted to give it a try. Albeit I've noticed I attract the strangest people. My date history includes a psycho, a fucked-up goth, clingy people and a midget.
And that's just the one girl...

Dave

Dave

And this was one girl.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Damn it! I didn't scroll down to see that Piotyr made the same joke!

You win this round, Piotyr. You win this round.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Dave, dude, you're still admin. Just delete or move his message so yours appears first, than say you ninja'd him.
:sneaky:

David

David

I was on plentyoffish for a while, some may remember I posted my profile pics in the Pics thread. I didn't have nearly as much luck as you seem to be having though. Could just be me being picky though, I found very few woman on there who I felt compelled to send a message to, the ones I DID want to send a message to lived impossibly far away, and the women who sent me messages were kinda weirdos or just seemed to be looking for a booty call. And that just wasn't working out with me and my irrational fear of STDs.

fade

fade

And this was one girl.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Damn it! I didn't scroll down to see that Piotyr made the same joke!

You win this round, Piotyr. You win this round.[/QUOTE]

You know, I typed in the same joke, then deleted it when I saw Piotyr's reply. Screw you, Piotyr.

Piotyr

Piotyr

What can I say other than great minds think alike? :)

Plus, the idea of a fucked-up psycho clingy goth midget is just hilarious.

Chibibar

heh. I met my wife on IRC channel ;)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Met mine in the Everquest Beta back in 98 on the Rallos Zek PvP server. She was a paladin, I was a shadowknight. Ours was the love that could not be.

(Seriously, her guild leader told her to stay away from me, because I was a shadowknight, and thus that meant I really was an evil person who could not be trusted.)

She was level 2, had wandered too far out into the easten commonlands and was getting eaten by a bear.

I have to admit, I did dither for a few moments about whether to kill the bear or kill her and loot her.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Harm Touch + Loot or Life Long Partner?

The sound that Harm Touch made back in the day would have been too much for me to resist. WTH was she doing in EC at lvl 2 though?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Harm Touch + Loot or Life Long Partner?

The sound that Harm Touch made back in the day would have been too much for me to resist. WTH was she doing in EC at lvl 2 though?
Being lost. Very lost. The lady has no sense of direction whatsoever, in games or in real life. Lost her in a mall for 4 hours once. I mean, we're talking RYOGA levels of getting lost here.

And I still got to hear the harm touch sfx, as I harm-touched the bear. Really though, at the time I wasn't thinking "life long partner." I was already killing and looting other players at that point. My thought process at the time was, "she's level 2, practically naked, I bet she doesn't have anything worth stooping over and picking up... may as well generate a little goodwill I guess," so the bear had to die. Little did I know what I was getting myself into.

@Li3n

@Li3n

(Seriously, her guild leader told her to stay away from me, because I was a shadowknight, and thus that meant I really was an evil person who could not be trusted.)
She really should have listened to him, guy got you from the get go.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Some of my friends here took pity on me after my recent fiasco with that girl. They're signing me up for eharmony.

Necronic

Necronic

Messed with OK Cupid too, it looks like I got really lucky with this first girl though. No real contacts after her. We went out again this friday night and had a great time (although we did get tossed from the club). Turns out she had actually responded to an earlier craigslist joke post I put up a month or so before:

Monarch seeks Dr Girlfriend

Upwardly mobile and assertive man with a penchant for interesting garb seeks husky voiced number 2 with PhD and Jackie O sense of style. Must enjoy (or at least tolerate) obsessive arching, cruelty to...pretty much everything, "puppet play", and of course the deadly sting of the monarch butterfly.

---

Still got my eyes open for the crazy.

YAOMTC

I've met some fairly hot ladies on the internet. One of them is Brazilian. :eyebrows:

Calleja

Calleja

I still meet girls thanks to the internet, have been since 2004 when I opened my blog. That blog got me several sexual adventures, 2 serious relationships, and a whole new social cricle I'm still part of today.

Now it's more twitter. I love twitter.

Philosopher B.

:confused: ... teach me, oh Mexican Man. Instruct me in the ways of the force.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

It wouldn't be the first time I say Calleja is my hero.

fade

fade

That makes Calleja the second coolest Mexican ever. The first being Zorro.

Code:
---------
        /
      /
    /
  /
/
----------

David

David

I dunno, man. Zorro could only get laid by chicks he cut his initial into.

Hmm... Calleja, have you ever gotten a woman to sleep with you after you attacked her with a sword?

Calleja

Calleja

Zorro was Spanish-American T_T

Soliloquy

As opposed to half-spanish/half-native?

Calleja

Calleja

as opposed to "mexican"? which is what they're calling him? In this very thread?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I've had some success on both PoF and OKkCupid. Still have a profile on both and still visit the sites once in a blue moon. I rarely contact, though, because it seems like I never get replies. And the e-mails that I do get are from women I'm just not interested in for whatever reason.

Still, my last two short relationships (month-long each) came from OkCupid. And a friend of mine met and married her guy on there. I joked with her that I should get commission, since I suggested the site to her in the first place.

As far as dating goes, though? A friend of mine put it perfectly...

When it comes to dating, you get three options:
-Attractive
-Intelligent
-Sane

Pick two.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

as opposed to "mexican"? which is what they're calling him? In this very thread?
I guess he is saying mexicans are "half spanish and half native".

It's the way of the Soliloquy school of Ethnology.

Calleja

Calleja

Oh... he thinks all mexicans are half spanish/half native? Cute.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Well, I'm not sure, but that's what I understood.

David

David

This thread has gotten me thinking of signing back up and giving it another go. Maybe I was just being too picky before. Probably wouldn't hurt to keep a profile up, at least... unless someone I know finds it. Than that would be awkward.

fade

fade

Yeah you're right. I forgot. That was set in California. Wasn't he actually just Spanish living in California, come to think of it?

I guess I'll have to find a new number one. Can't put you there yet--it would go to your head.

GasBandit

GasBandit

El Guapo.