Portraits in Dramatic Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one should have technically gone in the Media subforum but I love it too much to hide it in there.

"Portraits in Dramatic Time" is essentially a 10 second shot performed by various actors doing various things, slowed down to about 7 minutes in length. Set to music, it's pretty amazing just how amusing it turns out (and how good the actors are).

While it hasn't gone totally viral yet, there's quite a few Youtube versions floating around of Alan Rickman's entry set to various music.

Such as:

or

I need to find more of these and I'll be making some of my own with my generous collection of music and compositing programs. So neat!

Why the hell was this so amusing? I had an entire monologue with myself (would that be a dialogue?) while watching this.

Why the hell am I watching this? Because Alan Rickman is cool.

Victory! Teabag in the cup! Woohoo!

Fuck yeah, put that lemon in there!

.... oh shit, Alan Rickman is staring at me.

What's wrong, Al?

TEEEAAAAAAAA!

AAHHH! It's like a simile!

So here I am, all like, "Wait a second, 10 seconds slowed down to 7 minutes? Yeah, fuck that shit, I'm not going to sit here and watch 7 minutes of a 10 seco--"

"Oh fuck, I just watched it all."

They really needed to pick music longer than 2 minutes... Mind Heist got a bit too repetitive. But otherwise that is freaking awesome and I love it.

I'm going to give it a shot with some speedramping and orchestral buildups - and a less looping soundtrack. Will post to Youtube sometime this weekend hopefully. I lurve this stuff.

So, I 'fixed' it, in that I sped it back up to real time and posted it to Facebook (no music). I'm sure I'm going to get sued and have it removed but it's still neat to see what he actually did in those 10 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.