Post stuff that makes you feel nostalgic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a babysitter for a short period of time that would send us to take our nap while she would watch her soaps, and so I find this piece of music quite capturing:

It's a beautiful piece as is, but I don't think I would associate it so strongly with it if I didn't fall asleep to it so frequently as a child.

Specifically this version of Bohemian Rhapsody. My dad really didn't have a problem letting me watch most things when I was younger and I remember after watching this, every time the song came on while we were in the car we would do our best rendition of this.

Now, most of what I would've posted has already been posted here, mainly by Far. But I will add

to the list.
Also, these are older than I am, but I remember theseNFB shorts anyway. I think YTV used to show them in between programming or something... I also used to watch a great show called SPLAT! That showcased animated shorts.

What's awesome is that being in animation, I get to be nostalgic alot. I remember two years ago when my background painting teacher showed us the Magic School Bus opening cause he worked on it, and the entire year of 120 students (Well, not the international students) sang along to every word.

Creepy, used to play that a tonne as well AND I'm also hoping to get into animation myself.

Nostalgiac? How about Sunday Morning Marvel Mayhem!

And Hulk, Captain America, and Thor (don't want to waste all the vertical space). Still remember all those classic themes.
The Bixby Hulk theme, too (the Lonely Man Theme).
As well as these gems (some obscure, some not so).

(always had to wait for the cow to jump over the moon)

Kati would like to add the following:

She says it's a bit weird, since she feels nostalgic over a 70's show which was itself about nostalgia for a time 20yrs earlier.
I suppose it's like feeling nostalgic for That 70's Show.

--Patrick

And a montage of 90's commercials (which even come from a local TV affiliate where I grew up, so these commercials really bring back old memories):

Cajungal

Staff member
OH MY GOD, the Watchamacallit commercial!

So it's videos... I was prepared to come in here talking about nerdy sweaters. They remind me of my childhood. I had hella nerdy sweaters. One was bright purple with a keyboard spread across the chest and arms.

J

JCM

Growing too much, damn he is getting heavy.
Luiza is trying to get me to take a week off for our 2nd Honeymoon. How's the forum?

I honestly just got back myself. Was on something like a 6-7 month hiatus after my split-up from my ex.

Forums are doing really well, lots of new blood, lots of old members still here. Still the best get-a-way online for me.

I say listen to the woman on that 2nd Honeymoon though. It can only mean good things. :uhhuh:-:thumbsup:

The smell of BBQ Lays Potato chips...

It reminds me of days spent in the summer at the KofC pool. My folks would leave me enough cash for a coke and a bag of chips, like $0.35. Then over the past several years the joy of opening one of those bags was gone because of KC Masterpiece flavor... Now BBQ has been back for a while and about once a year I pop that bag open and all the memories come flooding back.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Good to see you again, O spawn-creating one. Helloes to Luiza and the little lady; and yes, I concur with Shegs. 2nd honeymoon = good things.

P

Psychotic-One

Yes I drank coffee at a really young young age...
Now I am slightly addicted.
Good memories.

R

rabbitgod

Oh man, reading rainbow original theme. Good call.

Here's something for Dave...

Damn, JCM! That kid of yours looks an awful lot like mine in that picture. It's actually pretty scary.

Also, two more injections of nostalgia...

...Eleven, Twelve!

--Patrick

I don't really know why there's a bible verse at the end, but I still love the sequence.

Really, I just realized that this might be the best thing ever. Not only is it Voltron forming his sword, but he slices up some kind of drill-for-nipples monster. Top it off with the first line from the description: "Like Voltron forms a blazing sword to slice it's enemies, so do Christians yield the sword of the Spirit"

and this might be my favorite thing.

You all fail for excluding the best nostalgia from my youth.
First

Next

Last....and far from least...the biggest Nostalgia Bomb droppable on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.