PSA: YouTube App Gone From iOS6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. I might put something like that on the back. No way I'm putting anything on the screen though. Interesting. Thanks RP.

Hmm. I might put something like that on the back. No way I'm putting anything on the screen though. Interesting. Thanks RP.
Why not on the screen? I never thought I'd like having one of these on my phone, but since I work in cellphones and cell the damn things, I decided to put one on my phone for a week and demo it. At first I hated it, because it wasn't the super smooth glass I was used to touching. But after a couple of days the cover lost its tackiness, and it started to feel quite normal and nice. Now I keep one on my phone all the time, and it's done a great job of keeping it from getting scuffed or scratched.

The screen protector does a lot more than you might think. The thin layer of plastic serves (at least) two functions.

1) Ablative (it prevents the glass from suffering micro scratching and abrasion, weakening the tempered shell)
2) Dampening (it helps absorb torsional forces and foils resonance)

Not bad for a ten-dollar piece of plastic.

--Patrick

I had one on my iPod touch for awhile. It dulled the screen far more than I wanted it to. I've had zero issue with not having a screen protector on it since.

Maybe, it was the most expensive one I could buy at the Apple Store, but I know that doesn't mean anything. It wasn't that it dulled it a ton either, but it was noticeable when I took it off and I'd rather not have it dulled at all. In the end I've had this iPod for 2 years? And the screen is still perfect so I guess I just don't see the need.

Yea, I've yet to find screen protectors to be anything more than wastes of money that dull the responsiveness and of the screen, while lowering quality of the display. The gorilla glass does a perfectly fine job not getting itself scratched to hell.

I also laugh at the people with shoddily applied or scratched screen protectors, which from my anecdotal research is about 1 in 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.