[Brazelton] Queen Elizabeth

Dave

Staff member
Reports are coming out & it looks grim. Doctors are “very concerned”. The BBC has replaced their anchor with their top guy and he’s wearing the black tie used for royal deaths.

End of an era.

Dave

Staff member
Family is rushing to her side. BBC is showing nothing but the gates and talking about her life. It’s possible that she’s already gone.

Seems like it indeed, though posting the thread like this just smacks of wanting-to-be-first...Understandable, given she was the only other remaining member of your generation.

Bad jokes aside, yes, absolutely the end of an era, and I don't think it'll be great for the UK.

Dave

Staff member
I’m not wanting to be first, just reading the news and posting about it in any other way would have meant editing, which is difficult on my tiny phone screen.

They cancelled the changing of the guard today.

Think about the sheer number of US presidents who came and went during her reign.

Truman
Eisenhower
Kennedy
Lyndon Johnson
Nixon
Ford
Carter
Reagan
George H.W. Bush
Clinton
George W. Bush
Obama
That Fucking Guy
Biden

Last edited:
Seems very surreal, even with her age. She always reminded me of my own Grandmother who passed years ago.

Our money is gonna look weird when it finally switches.

It's amazing how long she was queen. People were born, lived, and died, with her as the only queen they ever knew.

There are already people on television flubbing the fact they have to use the term "king" again, since having a queen was what they always knew, with some accidently calling her son "Queen Charles". Talk about culture shock.

To be honest I wasn't sure if we will ever see a change on the throne.

Edit: Not the best start for the new prime minister.

Zappit

Staff member
The Queen passed in England, triggering Operation Unicorn.

Now her unpopular son Charles will scene to the throne in Operation Up Chuck.

My condolences to those across the pond, in the Great White North, and Down Under.

She was an amazing woman, whose reign will never be forgotten.

And God save King Charles. He's gonna need it.

I’ve been blaming Brexit.
Brexit cut off her connection to all her current and former territories and she just starved to death.

—Patrick

Had figured Charles would step aside due to his lack of popularity and his age. But I guess you wait for the big chair for so long you sit in the fucking chair when you get the chance.

Had figured Charles would step aside due to his lack of popularity and his age. But I guess you wait for the big chair for so long you sit in the fucking chair when you get the chance.
I assume he’ll be on the throne for 2-3 years and then pass away or step back, allowing William to ascend.