Quiz Notification?

I have a red 1 notification above the quiz link in the top navigation bar, but clicking it tells me quizmaster is closed. And the notification won't go away.

Dave

Staff member
Well that surprise was ruined. I bought a new addon that will allow us to create quizzes and I was learning how to set it up. I had it set for only Admins, but apparently that means that only admins can take the quiz, but everyone sees it.

There are some problems with it that will prevent me from turning it on until the dev takes care of it.
  • The Quiz alert shows the number of quizzes total, not how many you haven't taken. So if there are 7 quizzes and you take 6, t'll still say 7!! That's just dumb!
  • If you take a quiz, it send you an email! Oh hell no. I rather don't think people will like getting an email with the results. Or at least let them opt out.
  • All the default quizzes are very Euro-centric. Like the sitcom quiz talks about Fawlty Towers and stuff like that. And I use Fawlty Towers as the example, but it's the only one I recognized.
So I planned on rolling this out once the bugs were worked out, but it decided I needed to show everyone early.

Dave

Staff member
Yeah, I figured it out. I don't think the dev has English as a first language and some of the options are wonky. The 5 on the tab shows the quizzes added within the last 7 days, not the ones left to take.

Dave

Staff member
I have a ticket in about the Leaderboard.

And the quizzes are very euro-centric, aren't they? We'll have to make our own.