[Informational] Quotes with avatars. Like? Hate? Tell me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Yes, I know quotes are kinda messed up right now. Adding something that looks cool. Working on it.

Dave

Staff member
Turns out I had messed up the .cc file for everything but the default look. Only one I haven't updated is Dragor, which I don't care about. Sorry, Jay.

Dave

Staff member
It looks really busy now.
It's very easy to undo. I'm seriously thinking of removing it from the minimalist theme.

What does everyone else think of it? Nested quotes do look busy I agree. But we don't use them all that much. Nothing like we used to.

It does look busy, but I kind of like it. I think the confusing thing is that the persons avatar is in the other person quote, which is weird.

If I can get some actual free time I will make a proper dark theme for Xen. I kinda want one myself so it's win/win!
I would love a dark theme that didn't look like a dragon pooped on my screen. I will personally poop in the shoes of someone you hate if you do make a nice slick dark theme for ma' poor eyes.

I like it. Few people ever bother with nested quotes, so I don't think it'll be an issue.

The thing for me is that I associate with people's avatars more than with their name, so reading through a busy thread seems a bit easier to follow.

Although if they start to display on separate lines like they are now on the minimal theme, then I'm going to engage my whine and complain engines and set throttle to maximum.

M

makare

Adammon's avatar now looks like he is yelling at other people's avatars.. and that amuses me.

Dave

Staff member
From Brogan on XenForo.com:

I explored that option, but the avatar was so small it didn't work very well.

I tried it with the 48px small avatar and it made the attribution row too wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.