Recommend me Books! (Part Deux)

The Novels of Tiger and Del by Jennifer Roberson (Sword-Dancer, Sword-Singer, Sword-Maker, Sword-Breaker, Sword-Born, Sword-Sworn, Sword-Bound) - it's a fairly low-magic sword and sandal series that delves into relationships, and maturity, family, and the battle of the sexes, and yet still includes evil sorcerers, messiahs, bloody swordplay, and a permanently disgruntled horse. Not very epic but entertaining.

The Death Gate Cycle (Dragon Wing, Elven Star, Fire Sea, Serpent Mage, Hand of Chaos, Into the Labyrinth, The Seventh Gate) - more Weis and Hickman, with a series of elemental worlds connected by Death's Gate, the legacy of the Sundering of what used to be Earth. I liked it way better than the Darksword series.

Reactions: Jay
I highly recommend the works of Joe Hill. He's a horror author who is also Stephen King's son and is, in my opinion, a better writer than his author. Hill's writing is more skillful in how it plays with language and, while he may have tangents like his father, he can keep his tangents on topic and woven into the tale at hand.

While he does have a book of short stories, he has three full novels currently out. They are:

Heart-Shaped Box: Judas Coyne, an aging rock star, is forced to confront his past when he buys a suit off eBay that the seller claims has a poltergeist connected to it.

Horns: Suspected of raping and murdering his girlfriend, Ig Perrish awakens one morning to find that horns have begun to grown from his forehead. Finding that great power comes with the horns, in particular the power to compel others to confess their sins and give in to their basest desires, Ig decides to use his new gifts to find his girlfriend's murderer.

NOS4A2: As a teenager, Victoria McQueen found she could teleport to other places to find lost things, an ability that causes her to cross paths with a child kidnapper with a similar gift who takes his victims to a place called "Christmasland". As an adult, Victoria must use her powers once more when the kidnapper returns, this time aiming to take her son.