[Brazelton] RIP Gerry Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-20845407

Gerry Anderson, creator of Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlet and a shitload of other things died yesterday. His stuff was a huge part of my childhood, and my dads as well. I had the toys, videos, books, all that stuff. Thunderbirds is one of, if not the first animated thing I watched when I was young. I missed meeting him during a signing a year or two ago, when they released a bunch of tv century 21 comic collections, and I've regretted it ever since.

Really bummed about this, so I guess i'll just leave the video.

Thanks for everything, Mr anderson.

Thunderbirds are go(ne)

I'm sad now. I was so into Thunderbirds when I was 6 my mom even knitted me a sweater with Thunderbird 2 on it.

I'm off now to have a drink and watching some Thunderbirds, maybe followed by a bit of Jim Henson's stuff and then will do some ranting about how great all of this was and all creativity got lost with easy access to CGI...

I watched Thunderbirds when TechTV would show it with bits of show trivia popping up at the bottom of the screen. Really cool stuff that made me appreciate what went into making the show.

Does anyone know if any of Gerry Anderson's shows are on any of the streaming services?

Status
Not open for further replies.