Export thread

RIP Roger Moore

Dave

Dave

The James Bond I grew up with has passed.

TNM

TNM

He made a great Bond. He was suave and sophisticated - always a gentleman.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

He was so debonair. Even on the Muppets he was perfection.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

He was definitely a great Bond.

Dave

Dave

He's really what I think of when I hear the name James Bond, even if Sean Connery's Bond was closer to the novels. He just seemed so fucking cool.

Gared

Gared

I loved Roger Moore as Bond, but also really loved watching him play himself pretending to be a spy in The Cannonball Run. I shall have to endeavor to watch TCR today, in his memory (since I don't have any Bond films to watch).

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I loved Roger Moore as Bond, but also really loved watching him play himself pretending to be a spy in The Cannonball Run. I shall have to endeavor to watch TCR today, in his memory (since I don't have any Bond films to watch).
Cannonball Run II had one of my favorite lines in movie history.

Moore: "I'm Bond, James Bond."
Mother: "That's sweet dear, you're first name is the same as your last."

PatrThom

PatrThom

As a kid, I remember liking Moore's Bond best, though I think that was because as a kid, I appreciated the sense of smug humo(u)r he brought to the role.
He was so debonair. Even on the Muppets he was perfection.

--Patrick

Just Me

Just Me

RIP Roger Moore.

I loved his Bond, but now I gotta rewatch North Sea Hijack for his Rufus Excalibur ffolkes.
And perhaps some episodes of The Persuaders!, the series has a hilariously comical dub of legendary status in german.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

The Saint's Volvo is forever parked. :(

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

The best Bond has passed. RIP.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I forgot to say in the Muppets post above: He could sing the song just as well as Rex Harrison, too.

--Patrick

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

... He could sing the song just as well as Rex Harrison, too.

--Patrick
That isn't much of a challenge.

PatrThom

PatrThom

That isn't much of a challenge.
<thats_the_joke.jpg>

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

jwhouk

jwhouk

My all-time favorite Bond movie was his - For Your Eyes Only.

To me, he was Bond.

RIP, Roger.

fade

fade

I know I'm about to get a ton of disagrees for this, but I always disliked him as Bond. I just viewed him as a cheesy, corny product of his times.

drifter

drifter

Loved those Bond marathons on basic cable growing up. Live and Let Die was my jam.

bhamv3

bhamv3

His Bond was definitely the cheesiest and campiest, and yet he gave the role a unique feel, distinct from every other Bond actor. His Bond was definitely just as iconic as the others.

RIP Roger.