Roethlisberger Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hyimi

I think we all saw this one coming. Suspended for 4 to 6 games according to early reports.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5121614

I don't know if he is really guilty of the charges those women laid out against him, but if he is innocent, he needs to stop putting himself in positions where he is open to these kinds of allegations. Allegations of sexual assault twice in one year? Damn.

Dave

Staff member
And the Steelers just picked up Leftwich. Coincidence? I think not.

He may not come back to Pittsburgh.

He may be innocent but just being in the situation and getting accused is damaging to the Steelers and the League. I'm not at all surprised that Goodell did it. Once is unfortunate, twice you should know better.

H

Hyimi

Would not shock me if he does not return to the Steelers. I saw an article on nfl.com that the Steelers owners would be open to a trade, especially one that might get them a pick in the draft that would net them Sam Bradford. They see him as a potential franchise quarterback. But of course this is all speculation and there is no guarantee another team would be willing to trade for him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8178b2b1&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

ESPN2 just reported moments ago that the Steelers are talking to teams with top 10 picks in tomorrow's draft about a trade for Ben.

A nickel says he goes to the Rams. Complete and total exile.

I am glad he got the suspension. But I think it would not be good for a team to pick up a player that is going to miss 1/3rd of the year. The clock is ticking on Ben's career. I've mostly felt that Ben was not the superstar, the team he landed on was.

Of course, after all the qbs we consider, we don't look at the only franchise qb in his prime. Why must they torture me so?

Chatter from the streets in Pittsburgh is the fan base is done with Ben. No matter his heroics on the field, off it the word heard most often is "douche".

Dave

Staff member
ESPN2 just reported moments ago that the Steelers are talking to teams with top 10 picks in tomorrow's draft about a trade for Ben.

A nickel says he goes to the Rams. Complete and total exile.
No, complete and total exile would be the Raiders.[/QUOTE]

Oh were you so very, very prophetic.

Source: Adam Schefter - ESPN

Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports on his Twitter feed, "Pittsburgh contacting teams to trade Roethlisberger for top 10 pick. At least one team considering it."

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

The most likely trade partners would have to be Buffalo and Oakland, followed by Jacksonville and then Cleveland and Seattle. The Steelers brass would be relieved to have his problems become someone else's headache for this year and the future, take note that they are reaching out to other teams, not vice versa. The trade for Byron Leftwich when the team had already re-signed Charlie Batch was a sign that they might be working on a contingency plan.

The Steelers may find it impossible to even get rid of Roethlisberger at a discount because of how much negative publicity he has generated in the last few weeks. Unlike Michael Vick, Roethlisberger would be acquired at the height of the storm around his behavior. I wonder how much of this trade talk is posturing by the Steelers. It could be more a public relations move as they show their fan base (and Roethlisberger) how serious they are about this. Coach Mike Tomlin said it best earlier talking about the NFL business in general: "I'll tolerate you until I can replace you". They felt they could replace Santonio Holmes. It seems to me that they don't truly feel they can replace Ben Roethlisberger. But stranger things have happened. Stay tuned.

"Ben Rothlisberger, you recently won the Super Bowl, and just raped a twenty year old in the girls room... What are you going to do next?"

"I'M GOING TO OAK LAND!"

C

Chazwozel

Chatter from the streets in Pittsburgh is the fan base is done with Ben. No matter his heroics on the field, off it the word heard most often is "douche".

A note to all future quarterbacks. Don't fuck with the hearts' of Steeler's Nation. We don't forgive that easy.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

"Ben Rothlisberger, you recently won the Super Bowl, and just raped a twenty year old in the girls room... What are you going to do next?"

"I'M GOING TO OAK LAND!"
This is funny because there is an Oakland in Pittsburgh.

Dave

Staff member
And he's going to be at the Virginia Tech spring game and will be signing autographs for $25-30 each.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Of course, after all the qbs we consider, we don't look at the only franchise qb in his prime. Why must they torture me so?
I know, eh?

But even if they got Ben, they'd just start Rob Johnson in the playoffs anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.