Saw this one coming a mile away (Chinese men to women ratio issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chibibar

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2010011...menmarriage;_ylt=AvIMU4t6RkRaAzPHEPhcOxJ0fNdF

You know, I don't know where there "stereotypical" Asian suppose to be smart, but it looks like a "plan" pretty much backfire on them. Of course we can blame several factor.

1. Government limit 1 child per family
2. Cultural issue - Male are the one ALLOW to carry the family line (that has been exist over 5000 years but I think both gender should have that)
3. Discrimination of women in the work place (hence wanting the male for earning potential)

Of course #3 lead to female baby killing which is another cause.

No, just 28,000,000 men with out any potential to find a mate. That does not lead to a stable society.

It could also lead to a very expendable army.

As far as I know, couples are allowed to have more than one child if they themselves were only children. Plus, as noted in the article, this is mostly a rural problem, where men are simply needed to work the land. In the cities, the ratio is a bit more balanced. However, this is bad news for the CCP, because guess where most of the unrest in China is?

You should see some of the stuff China is doing to try and get some of those Adopted Chinese girls back now that they see how fucked they are. I think it was something along the lines of a cash incentive and quick citizenship (can't remember if they lose it upon Adoption, as it's it's not like America's I think), as well as housing help if they agree to stay in the country for a set period. Apparently they weren't interested in raising them, but they'll fucking fall over themselves to get them now that they are "legal".

I

Iaculus

Mein Gott... the influx of horny Chinese tourists, it boggles the mind...

Think we all knew this was coming.

I think I remember seeing that most stable populations tend towards a 55/45 split of females to males. Trying to force the proportions in the other direction will probably not have the desired result*.

--Patrick
*(patent understatement)

If Chinas economy continues growing, mail-order brides from other countries might become common in the future. Will probably be a growing group of poor single males in rural areas though.

If Chinas economy continues growing, mail-order brides from other countries might become common in the future. Will probably be a growing group of poor single males in rural areas though.
I don't think Russia has enough women for that...

Green_Lantern

Staff member
the same two first ads that I had before, plus:

Rogaine 5% 3-Month $43
Rogaine Extra Strength Men, Women We Ship Worldwide. Only $43

I

Iaculus

Man, I see export issues.

A trade dispute over tariffs on creepy hentai-pillows?

Status
Not open for further replies.