Scarlett! (formerly: torrent file, external HDD, partitions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

YAOMTC

Whenever I download something via Bittorrent, I have it DL to my external hard drive, which can be easily accessed by both my Vista partition and my openSUSE partition. Now, if I download something using Vista, and it finishes, would I be able to seed that data (which is on my external) using my openSUSE partition if I just use the same .torrent file? Or will it attempt to re-download, overwriting everything?

EDIT: This thread is now about Scarlett

A .torrent file, an external HDD, and partitions

The .torrent file is irrelevant to seeding, at least with the best client (uTorrent), you just have to make sure it's pointing at the right place in whatever hard drive it is, and it should scan it, notice it's all there, and begin seeding, no matter what partition it's in.

Y

YAOMTC

Calleja said:
The .torrent file is irrelevant to seeding, at least with the best client (uTorrent), you just have to make sure it's pointing at the right place in whatever hard drive it is, and it should scan it, notice it's all there, and begin seeding, no matter what partition it's in.
Okay, thanks. I'll try it now.

Great time for inferno.demonoid to go down. :/

Well, it did recognize the data anyway, so... success! Thanks for the tip.

Can this thread now be about Scarlett, in celebration of my awesome tip?

You can't see it? Damn. :-(

I admit defeat :-(

It's odd, I can still see it after clearing cookies and changing browsers :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.