[Other] Self-aggrandising tattoo thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure there's enough of us with tattoos, and also I am just really selfishly excited about showing off the progress on my latest one.

So yesterday I sat for five hours and we got through the linework on my compass rose. In a couple weeks I go back to do the greyscale shading where you now see diagonal lines.

inkedprogress.JPG

I still only have one tattoo, and I still only have one picture of it- from while I was getting it done 6 years ago.
.... nevermind that picture isn't even on my computer anymore and I feel too lazy right now to get my xHD out and go sifting through photos. Maybe I'll post it tomorrow. I think I've posted it here before.

I want to get more , possibly this year, but I am waiting at least until summer is over so I don't have to worry about infection from swimming in the lake.

way up on my upper thigh. There's a reason it's a tight shot, and you can't really see where it's located ;)

I have four more, but I don't have any pictures where I can get to them at the office. I'll upload them later.

I think it's gorgeous. Though I like Tin's kokopeli too.

Earlier this year I finally got my tattoo updated (13 years after getting it). The script needed some cleaning and prettying up. Not sure if I have any pics.

I figure there's enough of us with tattoos, and also I am just really selfishly excited about showing off the progress on my latest one.

So yesterday I sat for five hours and we got through the linework on my compass rose. In a couple weeks I go back to do the greyscale shading where you now see diagonal lines.

Oh that is looking good! I love it so far!!

I'll grab my phone later and get some pictures of mine for the thread.

I just found out that my sister, the inheritor of the art genes in my family from my grandfather, has taken up tattooing, courtesy of her boyfriend, who's an artist in a parlor near where they live.

My sister is a damned good artist.

Am considering commissioning something from her, although it'd probably have to be pretty simple, because it's not like I could go back every month or so for touch-ups...

I have posted pictures of my tattoo in a couple of other threads but I may as well post it here as well (especially now that it is almost done healing) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.