Sexiest accents/dialects/brogue on a woman

What is the sexiest accent/dialect/brogue for a woman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, yes. I am, once again, restricting the poll to *females*. I know Scottish is horribly sexy on men (rrr, Sean Connery), and I do say go ahead and share what you think is sexiest for men in a post, but I figured poll-wise, just women, since they're not necessarily the same.
What do YOU think is the sexiest way of talking for a girl? I'll come right out and say that, as far as I'm concerned, the single sexiest thing on earth is a cute-but-not-gorgeous girl speaking with an Irish accent. Rrrr.

Sexiest accents/dialects/brogue

I did, indeed. I know. I grouped all of Southern USA together, too. And I left out Canadian, too. Only 10 options allowed, so I had to sift. I do really like Scottish, too, but Irish is just so muc sexier in a similar vein that, err, I got distracted. :paranoid:

Sexiest accents/dialects/brogue

Nice! I was just thinking about this this morning!!

I really like an Irish accent, but, specifically, I really love Femi Oke's (she's on The Take Away - NPR show) accent. Her voice is sexy, calming, and fun all at the same time. Other than her, I don't really care for a British accent.

I don't care for a French accent. Some Australian accents sound hickish.

C

Chazwozel

Eastern European accent is killer. Asian is the least sexiest.

S

Steven Soderburgin

For men, my accent is sexiest.

For women, whatever accent a woman has when she is talking about me.

I've always enjoyed Irish accents from a girl, especially if she's got the redhead/freckles thing going too.

Scottish and English are great, too.

Elocution is the key. Thus english spoken with Scottish/Irish accent is very sexy to me. Newfie or Caper not sexy at all though.

Irish is my first choice. Hot.

I am actually quite fond of German accents, as well, but Irish is absolutely the cutest accent a girl can have.

I find this whole thing incomprehensible, as I've found all accents (or lack thereof) to be equally sexy.

Yes, including the six year old in bible school accent.

Spanish including south american? All those accents are very different. I love to hear woman with spanish (from Spain) accent but I hate those with argentinian accent.

S

Steven Soderburgin

bhamv2 said:
I find this whole thing incomprehensible, as I've found all accents (or lack thereof) to be equally sexy.

LOL I GET IT YOU'RE A PEDOPHILE

ROFl

B

Biardo

I like french

pssst British is not an accent it's the way english should sound

Psst... there's no way british people should sound... you're thinking of received pronunciation (the Queen's English).

Biardo said:
pssst British is not an accent it's the way english should sound
Actually no, it's not. If you want to find the purest form of English, accent wise, you need to head to the American Mid-west. You'll find people there speaking English without any sort of accent, though it's not as common in some areas as it is in others. It's referred to as General American and it's what is generally taught to people learning English as a second language both inside and outside the US (except in England.)

The form that most people associate with the English folk is Received Pronunciation or Oxford English, which is considered socially advantageous in some parts of England, but not outside of it.

Also I vote Eastern Europe.

EDIT: Didn't even notice @Li3n's post. DOH!

Dude, there's no such thing as a lack of accent... this is noticeable when you speak another language...

Oh, and adding to my previous post, the scotish are british too, but not english...

B

Biardo

@Li3n said:

Psst... there's no way british people should sound... you're thinking of received pronunciation (the Queen's English).

ok I'll give you that, there aren't much brits who talk without an accent either.
And we learned the Queen's English or something close to that in school

A

Aisaku

I voted british, but then again most of my experience with it is via Doctor Who. Asian as an accent is eeew. Actual japanese? I like.

Shegokigo said:
bhamv2 said:

Context, people, context.

Six year olds in bible school in this context refers to Asian accents.

Sheesh. :humph:

I mean, I find youth and innocence to be just as attractive as the next pervert, but you gotta draw the line somewhere. Six year olds? Nuh uh, definitely not.

Now I'm dropping this topic before I'm tempted to go into an in-depth discussion that might end up violating Rule 1. :D

Chazwozel said:
Eastern European accent is killer.
Yeah, this poll is a massive failure without including something like Russian or Serbo-Croatian (my favorite). I've only known a few Serbian and Croatian women, but a few seconds of them talking makes something in my brain liquefy. Bosnian doesn't have the same effect. Go figure.

A

Aisaku

Russian, eastern european, german... all of those make me think about the 007 movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.