[Brazelton] She doesn't need a bodyguard anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredibly sad the decline of such a talented singer into obscurity and finally death by drugs. Even if the cause of death is ruled to be something else, the drugs are what lead her to this point.

I won't make any jokes at her expense. I think it's just sad that she never cleaned up her act. Had a feeling this would happen and surprised it didn't happen sooner.

This is a great description of her in her earlier career:

She had the he perfect voice, and the perfect image: a gorgeous singer who had sex appeal but was never overtly sexual, who maintained perfect poise.

I won't make any jokes at her expense. I think it's just sad that she never cleaned up her act. Had a feeling this would happen and surprised it didn't happen sooner.
John Dimaggio said it like this, "Fuck you Bobby Brown. For reals, B. Might as well have shot her and let her bleed to death when you first laid eyes on her. Punk."

ElJuski

Staff member
Patton Oswalt tweeted that her death was like we were all watching a car crash in slow motion, which we really were. Wow, what a giant in the pop-culture world. So depressing how the back half of her career and life went.

Dave

Staff member
I neither mourn her loss nor celebrate it. She was a massive wasted talent and had no bearing whatsoever on my life or music after 2000. But now we'll hear from all the vultures for whom "she was an inspiration". You know, that inspiration nobody gave two shits about until the news yesterday. Like Michael Jackson, the guy nobody wanted to be associated with until he died, then they came out of the woodwork to worship him.

I neither mourn her loss nor celebrate it. She was a massive wasted talent and had no bearing whatsoever on my life or music after 2000. But now we'll hear from all the vultures for whom "she was an inspiration". You know, that inspiration nobody gave two shits about until the news yesterday. Like Michael Jackson, the guy nobody wanted to be associated with until he died, then they came out of the woodwork to worship him.
To be fair, I think everyone's general thoughts on Michael Jackson before his death was "Super talented, but crazy as fuck." And the same can be attributed to Houston, to an extent.

I'm convinced that when Patrick Stewart passes on he will still return every year to do a real-life re-enactment of a Christmas Carol, casting himself in the roles of Marley and the three spirits.

Status
Not open for further replies.