Export thread

Shoutbox

Dave

Dave

Well, I know the Shoutbox hasn't been used that much. I know why, too. When you are chatting you can't look anywhere else on the forums! Pain in the butt, that!

Problem solved. Not only has it been renamed "HalChat Mark IV" but if you click the little down arrow by the name you can click "Detach". Voila! Now the chatbox is in another window or tab! Keep the chat going while you follow the antics of Chaz vs. Mav or GasBandit's Republican Tirade of the Day!

Enjoy!

makare

couldnt you just open multiple halforum tabs?

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Don't rain on Dave's parade! ;)

Dave

Dave

couldnt you just open multiple halforum tabs?
Yes. Yes you could. But in this case the ShoutBox is pretty much alone on the detached page. If you just open another tab the window is smaller and you still have the whole forum below it.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

You could do what the cool kids do and just open IRC.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

LordRavage

Everytime anyone talks about Shoutbox, this song enters my disturbed mind.

Dave

Dave

Yay! Yet another attempt bit the dust. More people used it. So that meant our CPU took a HUGE hit!

I had to turn it off. Again. When I get the optimization update we'll try it again.

phil

phil

where can one find the IRC in the meantime?

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

No more chatting at work for me... back to old school posting! :)

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

irc.slashnet.org, #halforums (or #pvponline if you're really cool)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Raven, are you enjoying your Droid?

Dave

Dave

Tapatalk is sweet, isn't it?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm enjoying the shit out of tapatalk. Free hugs to whoever enabled support (and double for dave)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sent from my schlong using GonadGab

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Fine... I've disabled that signature, I know amy will be sad.

Disconnected

out of curiosity how do people not see these auto 'sent from' sigs as advertising spam?

the 'status' argument aside (ooo now everyone knows i have x phone and x program) spamming is out of control. it must be stopped!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I didn't know about tapatalk until I saw someone on another site using it. I left it on because I know other posters use android devices.

Advertising is not inherently evil.

Dave

Dave

Testing Shoutbox begins again....now!

Matt²

Testing Shoutbox begins again....now!
has it broken yet?...again?

Krisken

Krisken

Yay! Yet another attempt bit the dust. More people used it. So that meant our CPU took a HUGE hit!

I had to turn it off. Again. When I get the optimization update we'll try it again.
At least we know it was popular :)