Export thread

Six workers drown in vat of tomato sauce

Hylian

Hylian

Six workers drown in vat of tomato sauce | The Daily Telegraph

SIX workers drowned after falling into a giant vat of sauce at a tomato sauce factory in India, the Indian Express reported.

The horrifying incident unfolded Wednesday evening when a female worker slipped and fell into the 6m deep tank.

As five colleagues dived in to grab her they were all overcome by fumes given off from fermenting vegetables and drowned, the newspaper said.

Two more workers were in a hospital following the tragic incident at the Akansha Food Products unit in Lucknow, in the Uttar Pradesh region of northeastern India.
Investigators say the woman, named as Usha, was scooping up fermented vegetables from the vat when she slipped off her ladder and plunged into the raw material used to make the sauce.

“When the woman fell in, the other workers jumped in to help her,” said Rajiv Krishna, Lucknow's Senior Superintendent of Police.

The factory owner was taken into custody, the Indian Express said.

:wtf:

Dave

Dave

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!

Telephius

Telephius

Hmmm why was the owner taken into custody? I assume he breached safety protocol?

LittleSin

LittleSin

That's a spicy meatball!

I'm sorry. So sorry. I'll be over here.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Bloody Hell?

Well I guess it's more like a Bloody Mary.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Anyone got the name of the company? I'm itching for some pasta and sauce right about now.... >:D

phil

phil

Drowning seems like one of the most terrifying ways to die. Add to it the fumes and not being able to see anything! I feel sorry for these people and their families.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Drowning seems like one of the most terrifying ways to die. Add to it the fumes and not being able to see anything! I feel sorry for these people and their families.
No, we are not to feel concern for horrible deaths that we read about on the Interwebs...

bummer.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

... Yikes.

LordRavage

That's a spicy meatball!

I'm sorry. So sorry. I'll be over here.
Dont be sorry. I had the exact same thought. Cheers for the hive mind!

Element 117

But..... wait...... what?

Chibibar

Hmmm why was the owner taken into custody? I assume he breached safety protocol?
I am guessing that people should be tether down at LEAST. I mean if the other 5 people had to dive in, that mean anything else can slip and fall into these sauce.

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

Someone call in Wilbur Finletter!

Denbrought

Denbrought

A safety rope would've been a nice idea, I guess.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Railings might be a good idea too...

Dave

Dave

Railings might be a good idea too...
Wouldn't have worked. She fell from a ladder that went out of the vat. So rope.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Clearly this is the work of my evil twin.

Espy

Espy

Holy cow. Thats horrible.

Hylian

Hylian

As bad as it sounds when i read the article and it said that 5 other people died trying to save the one that fell in all I could think of was rule of acquisition 285 "No good deed ever goes unpunished"

LittleSin

LittleSin

I feel bad now for my earlier comment. I didn't mean to be callous. This is tragic.

However, I find it exceedingly weird.

Calleja

Calleja

Does anyone else get a weird Monty Python vibe from this?

Dave

Dave

I got two vibes from it. The first was like the Great Molasses Flood of 1919 in Boston and the second was thinking that if this were acid they'd all come back like the Joker.

Matt²

I feel bad now for my earlier comment. I didn't mean to be callous. This is tragic.

However, I find it exceedingly weird.
Yeah man, it was pasta realms of good taste.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I got two vibes from it. The first was like the Great Molasses Flood of 1919 in Boston and the second was thinking that if this were acid they'd all come back like the Joker.
How did you manage to swim through all that molasses btw?:wtf:

Baerdog

Baerdog

How did you manage to swim through all that molasses btw?:wtf:[/QUOTE]